stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 04:36 PM
He is all over the boards..but he could be the 2nd qb taken

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 04:39 PM
I saw McShay had him as the 2nd best qb. I for one am really glad to see him go

cyclonesooner
1/3/2011, 04:39 PM
He's got a chance to be a good one, but I think he would be better served by returning for senior year. Still can't believe he threw that interception against Iowa.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 04:40 PM
I now have to redo my top 100 a little with James staying for sure and Gabbert leaving for sure

okie52
1/3/2011, 05:01 PM
He has a very good backup in Franklin.

James Franklin

Class:
Freshman

Hometown:
Corinth, Texas

High School:
Lake Dallas

Height / Weight:
6-2 / 230

Position:
Quarterback

2010 SPRING OUTLOOK

One of the top dual threat prep signal callers in the nation the last couple of years ... Graduated early from high school, and is currently enrolled in spring semester classes at Mizzou, and will be able to take part in spring drills ... Is a strong-armed and elusive presence in the backfield who has proven to be very adept at throwing the ball on the run ... Begins his first semester at Mizzou listed at No. 4 on the depth chart at quarterback, but don't expect him to be content to stay there very long.

HIGH SCHOOL

Ranked as the nation's No. 4 dual threat quarterback by Rivals.com, who also put him among the nation's top 150 players at any position, as well as rating as the No. 20 overall prospect to come out of the state of Texas in 2010 ... Ranked by Tom Lemming as the nation's No. 5 combo passers ... Considered the nation's No. 11 overall quarterback prospect by Scout.com ... In 2009, threw for 2,360 yards, rushed for 1,282 yards and accounted for 41 total touchdowns, as he was a Class 4A 2nd-Team All-State selection, while also winning District 5-4A Most Valuable Player honors ... As a junior in 2008, passed for 2,464 yards and added 23 touchdowns, while gaining 1,151 yards and 18 more touchdowns on the ground ... Played basketball for his school, and additionally was a regional qualifier in the shot put ... High school coach - Jeremy Males.

PERSONAL
Parents - Willie & Pamela Franklin ... Father was a standout tight end for Oklahoma and played in the NFL with the Baltimore Colts ... Interested in studying communications while at Mizzou ... Lists hobbies as working out, eating, thinking, playing with his dogs, hanging out with friends and learning more about God ... Chose Mizzou over Nebraska, Oregon, Oklahoma State, TCU and Kansas State, among others.

Aldebaran
1/3/2011, 05:06 PM
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv123/Gardnerius/bye.jpg

BigJerm7
1/3/2011, 05:37 PM
two words, Jevan Sneed.

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 06:04 PM
two words, Jevan Sneed.

Doubtful

fwsooner22
1/3/2011, 06:22 PM
Did not see that comin

sperry
1/3/2011, 06:45 PM
two words, Jevan Sneed.

As in he learned his lesson from the Sneadster? His stock is high, he should leave. Missouri isn't gonna win anything worthwhile, so staying could do nothing but cost him money.

okie52
1/3/2011, 06:46 PM
As in he learned his lesson from the Sneadster? His stock is high, he should leave. Missouri isn't gonna win anything worthwhile, so staying could do nothing but cost him money.

They have a lot of people coming back next year. In early polls they were ranked in the top ten.

thesnowbishop
1/3/2011, 07:06 PM
Dang it Okie52, your Mizzou optimism has forced me to abandon my, "Pinkel to the Drinkel!" response.

bigfatjerk
1/3/2011, 07:07 PM
Pinkel has done a good job at Missouri. They will probably win 9 or 10 games every year he's there.

sperry
1/3/2011, 07:47 PM
They have a lot of people coming back next year. In early polls they were ranked in the top ten.

They play @ Norman next year. Therefore, they aren't winning the Big XII or going to the BCS championship game. Best case scenario is going 11-1 with a BCS at large bid, which is incredibly unlikely. They probably go 10-2, 9-3 and go to the Holiday bowl or something. And Gabbert can do nothing but cost himself money.

okie52
1/3/2011, 07:53 PM
Dang it Okie52, your Mizzou optimism has forced me to abandon my, "Pinkel to the Drinkel!" response.

I prefer " 2 in the Pinkel, 1 in the stinkel".

okie52
1/3/2011, 07:55 PM
They play @ Norman next year. Therefore, they aren't winning the Big XII or going to the BCS championship game. Best case scenario is going 11-1 with a BCS at large bid, which is incredibly unlikely. They probably go 10-2, 9-3 and go to the Holiday bowl or something. And Gabbert can do nothing but cost himself money.

If there is a lockout Gabbert isn't getting any money...and a lockout before the draft seems likely.

I believe Mizzou has most of their tough games at home...other than OU.

thesnowbishop
1/3/2011, 07:56 PM
I prefer " 2 in the Pinkel, 1 in the stinkel".

Now that's a shocker! :)

Salt City Sooner
1/3/2011, 08:12 PM
If there is a lockout Gabbert isn't getting any money...and a lockout before the draft seems likely.

I believe Mizzou has most of their tough games at home...other than OU.
They go back to College Station as well. I know they won there this year, but that's not the easiest place to be breaking in a new QB.

okie52
1/3/2011, 10:46 PM
They go back to College Station as well. I know they won there this year, but that's not the easiest place to be breaking in a new QB.

You are right...College Station won't be easy for them.

Okie35
1/3/2011, 10:47 PM
I saw McShay had him as the 2nd best qb. I for one am really glad to see him go

McShay is a terrible scout.

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 10:50 PM
Am I getting people backwards cause I thought Kiper sucked and McShay was good

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 10:51 PM
Also look at Josh Freeman. I look at both of them the same

Okie35
1/3/2011, 10:52 PM
Also look at Josh Freeman. I look at both of them the same

Nothing alike.

Okie35
1/3/2011, 10:52 PM

Neither. Mayock is better than both. McShay gets criticized by other scouts because he barely watches film. Kiper well he's Kiper he's always high on QBs that have played in pro sets. Leinart, Clausen, etc.. that never worked well for Mel.

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 10:53 PM
Nothing alike.

How so. I see them both as big mobile quarterbacks with huge arms that made some bad decisions on the field in college but Freeman is doing pretty well now.

That's just my opinion though

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 10:54 PM
Neither. Mayock is better than both. McShay gets criticized by other scouts because he barely watches film. Kiper well he's Kiper he's always high on QBs that have played in pro sets. Leinart, Clausen, etc.. that never worked well for Mel.

Who is this guy. To be honest I haven't really heard of him.

Okie35
1/3/2011, 10:55 PM
How so. I see them both as big mobile quarterbacks with huge arms that made some bad decisions on the field in college but Freeman is doing pretty well now.

That's just my opinion though

Gabbert's arm is no where close to Freeman's.

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 10:57 PM
Gabbert's arm is no where close to Freeman's.

I've always thought that was Gabbert's best attribute. I've always been high on him. Scouts gave him a first round grade too. You're probably right as I didn't really watch too much KState football when Freeman was there

Okie35
1/3/2011, 10:57 PM
Who is this guy. To be honest I haven't really heard of him.

He's on the NFL network. Unlike those other scouts he's pretty respected because he's actually played football in the NFL.

Okie35
1/3/2011, 10:58 PM
I've always thought that was Gabbert's best attribute. I've always been high on him. Scouts gave him a first round grade too. You're probably right as I didn't really watch too much KState football when Freeman was there

I've seen him in person at KSU games. He made mistakes but he made a lot of NFL throws and was pretty accurate deep. He didn't have any weapons besides Figures and Nelson.

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 11:00 PM
I've seen him in person at KSU games. He made mistakes but he made a lot of NFL throws and was pretty accurate deep. He didn't have any weapons besides Figures and Nelson.

O ok. Yea the only game I think I watched of him was when they played in Stillwater for homecoming when he was a sophomore I think. Jordy went off on us

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 11:01 PM
He's on the NFL network. Unlike those other scouts he's pretty respected because he's actually played football in the NFL.

O ok. I'll have to look into him and see what he says

bigfatjerk
1/3/2011, 11:17 PM
Josh Freeman is a freak of an athlete. He's like 6-5 250 and can run and throw real well. The reason why he wasn't a first pick was because he was on terrible teams and put up average numbers. He may have been the best QB of that class looking back. Way better than Stafford and probably better than Sanchez

Blaine Gabbert is just a good spread type QB. I don't think he's much different from the guys Tech's had over the years.

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 11:28 PM
Josh Freeman is a freak of an athlete. He's like 6-5 250 and can run and throw real well. The reason why he wasn't a first pick was because he was on terrible teams and put up average numbers. He may have been the best QB of that class looking back. Way better than Stafford and probably better than Sanchez

Blaine Gabbert is just a good spread type QB. I don't think he's much different from the guys Tech's had over the years.

If Stafford can stay healthy then I think that he will be the best of the bunch but yea, Sanchez not so much

bigfatjerk
1/3/2011, 11:33 PM
Stafford has never been healthy though and I'm not sure he can be Josh Freeman good. Freeman just lead a terrible Tampa team to 10 wins.

bluedogok
1/3/2011, 11:38 PM
Both are on ESPN, therefore both suck :D

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 11:39 PM
Both are on ESPN, therefore both suck :D

Good call :D ;)

Okie35
1/3/2011, 11:57 PM
Stafford has never been healthy though and I'm not sure he can be Josh Freeman good. Freeman just lead a terrible Tampa team to 10 wins.

Aye I'm a Tampa fan. The team isn't terrible just young. :mad: We've also had 7 starters get injured.

CowboyMRW
1/4/2011, 12:09 AM
Aye I'm a Tampa fan. The team isn't terrible just young. :mad: We've also had 7 starters get injured.

Mike Williams is a beast. Blount seems to be a great pickup also

SoonerLB
1/4/2011, 12:21 AM
Mayock is the only one for me, he does his homework. Anyone that has watched the Combine or Draft should be familiar with him, he's generally on top of things.

Okie35
1/4/2011, 12:34 AM
Mayock is the only one for me, he does his homework. Anyone that has watched the Combine or Draft should be familiar with him, he's generally on top of things.

Yup he knows his stuff.

BigJerm7
1/4/2011, 07:19 AM

As in Snead decided to leave early, and that didn't pan out so well.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/4/2011, 09:35 AM

Disagree on Gabbert....Gabbert has more arm strength, quicker release, and better feet than anybody that has played at tech or Mizzou for that matter...He came out of high school a better pro prospect than any of those guys....

OUmillenium
1/4/2011, 09:40 AM
Gabbert' pretty good. Great when you sit back in a zone and give his receivers time to find the holes (Venables Fail - 2010 exhibit G).

I was hoping he would come to Norman for a severe beating in 2011.