PDA

View Full Version : Our Jerseys

okie52
1/3/2011, 12:24 PM
Maybe this has already been discussed but why have we used what look to be faded Jerseys all year long?

They don't even match our helmets which is what I would prefer them to do.

rekamrettuB
1/3/2011, 12:31 PM
We were saying the same thing Saturday night. They looked like the away jerseys ended up with a red sock in the washer.

CrimsonRez
1/3/2011, 12:44 PM
Ya I have noticed that this year. I don't understand it either. However its not as noticeable as Tennessee's Mustard Yellow/Orange jersey's with their poke orange helmets.

Leroy Lizard
1/3/2011, 12:57 PM
Old school tear-away look!

booomer
1/3/2011, 01:04 PM
I told my husband during the game that the jersey's looked pink and have all year long. I don't like it.....bring back the crimson!

TheUnnamedSooner
1/3/2011, 01:06 PM
They've had the faded look for a few years now, I think 2006.

Jacie
1/3/2011, 01:07 PM
They were looking a little . . . dingy.

As for the hole in the shoulder of Broyle's jersey, I thought that occurred during the bowl game but maybe it was just from excessive wear and washing.

SoonerLB
1/3/2011, 01:12 PM
Now that we have won a bowl game, maybe we can get some new ones. ;)

Leroy Lizard
1/3/2011, 01:27 PM
Now that we have won a bowl game, maybe we can get some new ones. ;)

And jinx it?

OK2U
1/3/2011, 01:33 PM
One of Dermarco's OU helmet decals pealed half-off and was just blowin in the wind.

starrca23
1/3/2011, 01:50 PM
I think it has to do with the material Nike started using. It is supposed to "perform" better.

jumperstop
1/3/2011, 01:59 PM
Pics for comparison? I've noticed this too, but they don't look as faded as the 2008 Jerseys

SpankyNek
1/3/2011, 02:13 PM
OU set an official color for its products several years ago.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff457/spankynek/Logo.jpg

As seen in this example provided by the licensing department, the jerseys are pretty much in line with the designated color.

Others that use PanTone 201 are Stanford and South Carolina.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/3/2011, 02:14 PM
I thought they just put a Fiesta bowl sticker on our old uni's. That's how bad they looked. Note to Stoops, get the color better next year...

Boomer.....
1/3/2011, 02:15 PM
One of Dermarco's OU helmet decals pealed half-off and was just blowin in the wind.

I could not believe that happened. How cheaply done.

SpankyNek
1/3/2011, 02:17 PM
The center swatch shows our official Crimson (Included are RGB and HTML codes).

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff457/spankynek/SherwinWilliams.jpg

The above right quadrant shows the closest paint commercially available that matches our official Crimson...Sherwin Williams "Radish."

SteelClip49
1/3/2011, 02:28 PM
I like HEARTTHROB :)

okie52
1/3/2011, 02:43 PM
The center swatch shows our official Crimson (Included are RGB and HTML codes).

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff457/spankynek/SherwinWilliams.jpg

The above right quadrant shows the closest paint commercially available that matches our official Crimson...Sherwin Williams "Radish."

Then we ought to get the Helmet to match the jersey...whether that is red, heartthrob, poinsetta.

Hard to believe that can't mix colors to get us crimson.

kelloggOUballa
1/3/2011, 02:46 PM
I don't notice anything...

thecynic
1/3/2011, 02:46 PM
FIRE THE EQUIPMENT MANAGER!!!

bluedogok
1/3/2011, 03:03 PM
Then we ought to get the Helmet to match the jersey...whether that is red, heartthrob, poinsetta.

Hard to believe that can't mix colors to get us crimson.
It is pretty hard to match paint (or molded in color) and textile colors. Most teams colors between helmets and jerseys don't match very well.

SoonerReverend
1/3/2011, 04:23 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with the way the lights and the cameras make it look. They look a lot better in person.

Atlsooner
1/3/2011, 04:34 PM
They did look that way in HD. But went to the back room with about 5 mins. left in the game, turned on my reg TV and the helmets and jerseys were a perfect match. I think it has something to do with HD. Not positive.

Rocko
1/3/2011, 04:35 PM
It is officially the off-season.

Boomer38Sooner
1/3/2011, 04:44 PM
I really wish that we would maybe install a white helmet occasionally...

In 2003 we had some pretty sweet throwbacks and the helmets were very similar to the ones we wore last year. I just think that would be cool if we wore them more often.

ocsooner
1/3/2011, 04:47 PM

He had it replaced in the second half...

SpankyNek
1/3/2011, 04:54 PM

In 2003 we had some pretty sweet throwbacks and the helmets were very similar to the ones we wore last year. I just think that would be cool if we wore them more often.

I would like to see use use Cream instead of White in our uniforms.

Athough, the All White visitors uni's are pretty sweet.

okie52
1/3/2011, 04:55 PM
They did look that way in HD. But went to the back room with about 5 mins. left in the game, turned on my reg TV and the helmets and jerseys were a perfect match. I think it has something to do with HD. Not positive.

You may be right. Watched the game in HD and noticed the contrast. Look at pics of the game and they look like a much better match.

Don't know why HD would cause that distortion.

virginiasooner
1/3/2011, 04:59 PM
I thought that the tops looked particularly beat up. I never noticed before the repairs from previous rips. Maybe Bob was trying to preserve good mojo from the last home win against Baylor.

cmoneyou
1/3/2011, 05:13 PM
At the game they looked right, but on tv they looked pink.

stoopified
1/3/2011, 05:37 PM
I can't believe Nike can't can't match our helmet better than that..I know their jerseys are made of new material but it looks bad.Stoops was concerned enough about jersey and helmet matching in 2000that he had the helmets changed.Time to chnge them again or the jerseys.

cccasooner2
1/3/2011, 05:40 PM

Now it's time to determine the width of the pants stripes and the colors of the shoes. High-top or low-top can come into consideration also.

SunnySooner
1/3/2011, 05:50 PM
There is no standardization of colors for OU stuff. All of my stuff is the official license crap, and it ranges from aggy maroon to bugeater red.

REALLY ANNOYING when you're decorating a boy's room with comforters, throw pillows and such. But I digress.

They looked OK on my HDTV. Except for the DM7 sticker, that was just embarrasin'.

silverwheels
1/3/2011, 05:50 PM
I thought that the tops looked particularly beat up. I never noticed before the repairs from previous rips. Maybe Bob was trying to preserve good mojo from the last home win against Baylor.

We beat Baylor in Waco, unless you meant those are the same jerseys from 2009's game against Baylor, which would be hilarious.

And what bothers me more than the slight color mismatch is how low the neckline drops down on the front of the jersey. A switch to the Pro Combat jersey template would take care of that.

silverwheels
1/3/2011, 05:54 PM
They looked OK on my HDTV. Except for the DM7 sticker, that was just embarrasin'.

Just means he's playing hard.

ouleaf
1/3/2011, 06:18 PM
If they are showing up "Pink" to you, you might need to check the contrast/brightness settings on your TV.

Look pretty good to me, I think it's just the Helmet and Jersey not matching 100%. Also probably something to do with the Helmet being reflective and the Jersey is not. It's just going to be one of those things though, as long as they go with Red Helmets and Red Jerseys they will always look a little different.

SpankyNek
1/3/2011, 06:33 PM
There is no standardization of colors for OU stuff. All of my stuff is the official license crap, and it ranges from aggy maroon to bugeater red.

REALLY ANNOYING when you're decorating a boy's room with comforters, throw pillows and such. But I digress.

Only the logos have to be exact in color (Most just use a white logo on whatever background).

There are officially licensed thread colors. (Again these apply to official logos only) the logo can be put on a flame orange camo for example (Barf).

Just as there is no paint commercially available that matches our official RGB code, I am sure that there is difficulty matching a Nike jersey with a Schutt helmet.

BTW, it is the helmet that is the culprit, put this uniform next to the helmets from the 80s and 90s and it's a near exact match in color.

Harry Beanbag
1/3/2011, 06:47 PM
The wife mentioned something about this. I made something up about the lighting in an NFL stadium being brighter than we're used to seeing. :)

thesnowbishop
1/3/2011, 07:14 PM

Agree wholeheartedly.

Having said that, did anyone catch TCU's helmet design for the Rose Bowl? 'Twas pretty sweet...Horny toad clenching a rose in its jowls.

FtwTxSooner
1/3/2011, 07:23 PM
When Texas A&M switched to addidas, A&M rejected the coachs polo shirts and other stuff Adidas manufactured as the color of maroon was wrong. Addidas had to go back to its factories and redo it all.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2011, 07:39 PM

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff457/spankynek/Logo.jpg

As seen in this example provided by the licensing department, the jerseys are pretty much in line with the designated color.

Others that use PanTone 201 are Stanford and South Carolina.Soopigs' and Bammer's look very close in color to ours.

FtwTxSooner
1/3/2011, 07:52 PM
'Bama uses Pantone 201. Arkansas is actually cardinal, Pantone 200.

tulsaoilerfan
1/3/2011, 08:50 PM
Probably the same jerseys they wore all season so that could be why they looked a little dingy; as a jersey collector i noticed quite a few of the jerseys that looked really beat up

Radar's Left Hand
1/3/2011, 09:45 PM
They weren't pink. They were salmon.

E-Town
1/3/2011, 10:05 PM
I like the color combination of these jerseys......:)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/e-town_/OU-Unies.jpg

bluedogok
1/3/2011, 11:11 PM

I hate the white helmets, the crimson helmet is what I know and anything else looks odd to me. To me the white helmets remind me of UT, OSU and Penn State.....that just ain't right.

I also don't like the all white uniform but I know they have always had it but I would prefer a contrasting pant. What I don't want them to do is change uniforms ala Oregon or some of other teams. When my wife saw the Tech white helmets she hated them.

silverwheels
1/4/2011, 12:18 AM
The white pants are fine since we have a crimson helmet. If we had white helmets crimson pants with the away uniforms would be better.

And I wouldn't mind seeing the throwbacks come out once every few years.

BABoomer
1/4/2011, 12:25 AM
I noticed in the Nebraska game that the shirts and pants were different whites (I usually don't notice this stuff). The shirts looked dingy white and flat, but the pants were bright white.

picasso
1/4/2011, 12:47 AM
I think it has to do with the material Nike started using. It is supposed to "perform" better.

That plus the lighting. They don't look that way in the sun.

EatLeadCommie
1/4/2011, 01:32 AM
Our unis are the best in college football.

As somebody already said, it must be the offseason...

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2011, 03:58 AM

As seen in this example provided by the licensing department, the jerseys are pretty much in line with the designated color...

Hmmm... gauging the accuracy of pantone colors on a web browser... hmmm...

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2011, 04:00 AM
I noticed in the Nebraska game that the shirts and pants were different whites (I usually don't notice this stuff). The shirts looked dingy white and flat, but the pants were bright white.

Your fashion awareness is just FABULOUS!

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/00018643.jpg

biscuitralph
1/4/2011, 06:44 AM
I AGREE I THOUGHT MY TV WAS OFF ON COLOR AT FIRST

Okieflyer
1/4/2011, 08:28 AM
I noticed this as well. In the 70's it was the opposite. The jersey were darker than the helmets.
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/55/552785.jpg

RahOkU
1/4/2011, 09:28 AM
Nothing a little Tide with color brightners in the washing machine won't help......

OUmillenium
1/4/2011, 09:33 AM

Heh!