PDA

View Full Version : updated jan 2, 2011

Jello Biafra
1/3/2011, 10:21 AM
just in case anyone forgot about our orange peeps down south of the red river....

i know i will never give up this fight....

http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~trj/comparing_ou_ut.html

sooneron
1/3/2011, 10:49 AM
He did get one wrong- * has 2 conference titles since 2000.

Jello Biafra
1/3/2011, 11:19 AM
He did get one wrong- * has 2 conference titles since 2000.

its still a page worth printing out and throwing at a head to head recruit...

Widescreen
1/3/2011, 11:25 AM
Good info.

For some reason I was thinking we had more than a 1 game winning streak, though. ;)

Unfortunately, I think

UT has more active players in the NFL (46 to 31)

carries more weight than a lot of the other stuff.

josh09
1/3/2011, 11:57 AM
I think I'm going to save this link for awhile....this is great!

Jello Biafra
1/3/2011, 11:58 AM
Good info.

For some reason I was thinking we had more than a 1 game winning streak, though. ;)

Unfortunately, I think

carries more weight than a lot of the other stuff.

how many of ours were first rounders compared to thiers? ;)

ocsooner
1/3/2011, 05:12 PM
Nice work. I love objective instead of subjective analysis.

MyT Oklahoma
1/3/2011, 07:41 PM
This is so cool.

Leroyt
1/3/2011, 08:46 PM
As far as trending programs, that's a lot of yammering to get to what most of us know (I'm a tx fan), that ou has a better football program right now. That said, objective? As far as head to head (the name should be somewhat definitive), to say that it's a tossup because post 1970 ou has won two more games than tx... crimson colored glasses. The margin of victory stats are interesting, but really don't prove much more than a win or loss, you still only get to count it once, and for that one year. It's also hard to believe that vy wasn't a "top 10 player" whatever that means, or that Bradford wasn't either, for that matter. This reads like a guy that needs to do some more homework if he wants to be truly objective. The "tradition" section in particular is just a waste of space.

SoonerMom2
1/3/2011, 11:57 PM
At the Fiesta Bowl we would hear Boomer answered by Sooner and then Texas immediately following answered by SUCKS! It was AWESOME!

bullnoob
1/4/2011, 03:04 AM
Wow, what a great read! If only there was some way to make it required reading for all male athletes in Oklahoma and Texas. Think Shaggy would like to link to it? :)

Sooner_Tuf
1/4/2011, 03:26 AM
LeroyT - You really don't think margin of victory doesn't matter in Dallas each year? What games do remember most?

Leroy Lizard
1/4/2011, 03:49 AM
As far as trending programs, that's a lot of yammering to get to what most of us know (I'm a tx fan), that ou has a better football program right now. That said, objective? As far as head to head (the name should be somewhat definitive), to say that it's a tossup because post 1970 ou has won two more games than tx... crimson colored glasses.

I think that there are only three time spans that are worth mentioning:

1. All-time (UT wins this one)
2. Post-war (the age of modern football, probably a tossup)
3. Post-1982 (the typical recruit's lifetime. Probably a slight edge to OU.)

Just state the facts; let the recruits draw their own conclusion.

cleller
1/4/2011, 09:08 AM
Where did this study originate? What's the Stanford connection (in web address)?

Maybe I just missed something.

SoonerFaninAZ
1/4/2011, 10:52 AM
His point 5.13 is incorrect. In UT's favor.

DeLassus actually has OU ranked #4 and Texas ranked #7. He sorted on schedule points rather than total points.

Not that it matters. But, you know.