PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst non-Sooner Bowl Moments

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/3/2011, 10:14 AM
Best: Watching the Big 10 Champ getting beat in the Rose Bowl again.

Worst: Watching the Big 10 go 0-5 on 1/1/11. That was an ugly performance!

Aldebaran
1/3/2011, 10:20 AM
Wait... Isn't that two bests?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/3/2011, 10:31 AM
I see your point.

FirstandGoal
1/3/2011, 11:22 AM
Still waiting for the worst...

:D

OUmillenium
1/3/2011, 11:25 AM
Ohio St hasn't played yet

limey_sooner
1/3/2011, 11:27 AM
Best: Watching the giant ball of suck that is the huskers humiliate themselves on their way out the door

Worst: The fact that quarters aren't 30 minutes instead of 15 so i could watch the giant ball of suck that is the huskers humilate themselves a little longer

jumperstop
1/3/2011, 11:27 AM
Worst: MSU's depantsing by Alabama

SpankyNek
1/3/2011, 11:36 AM
There have been other bowl games?

TheLadiesMike
1/3/2011, 01:03 PM
Worst: The penalty call on the salute

sooner59
1/3/2011, 01:04 PM
^ Yep.

Followed by the NC-Tenn ending.

Leroy Lizard
1/3/2011, 01:05 PM
Worst: The hail of yellow laundry that dominated some of the games, especially the Nebbish and Vol games. "For the umpteenth time, there was a personal foul, 15 yards."

SoonerLB
1/3/2011, 01:25 PM

I'm torn between the salute and Florida winning, but an Ohio State loss would really ease the pain. ;)

badger
1/3/2011, 02:48 PM
Good: SEC getting exposed before New Year's Day. They can suck in bowls too.
Bad: Big 12 North getting exposed.
Ugly: The Big Ten on New Year's Day. Oh man, what a letdown for those guys. Even Nebbish couldn't get a win for their future home.

Good: OU winning a bowl
Bad: Them talking about UConn player's adoptive family while two of our players are down. Seriously. Do your puff pieces during one of your stupid commercial breaks - an actual timeout, not an injury timeout.
Ugly: Stoops' initial reaction to getting Gatorade doused. If looks could kill... :D

Good: The entire state of Oklahoma winning their bowl games. Go us!
Bad: The ref calls at the end of games that spoiled what should have been good endings, regardless of who you cheered for.
Ugly: Seeing other players get away with tons of "unsportsmanlike conduct" in other games while getting flagged in others. There is no consistency and never will be. The end.

SoonerStormchaser
1/3/2011, 02:56 PM
Best: Big whatever falling flat on their *** on New Years...will be complete when tOSU gets raped by the piggies.

Worst: Baylor lost their bowl game...

Salt City Sooner
1/3/2011, 03:08 PM
I'm torn between the salute and Florida winning, but an Ohio State loss would really ease the pain. ;)
I'm wayy on the other side of this. ANY hit the SEC can take is just fine by me as I'm beyond tired of all the love they get, & even if tOSU does win, the B10's bowl record is still going to be sub-.500, so that difference is negligible, IMO.

I Am Right
1/3/2011, 03:11 PM
Wathcing Blackmon act like a punk!

MamaMia
1/3/2011, 03:21 PM
The worst..TGOWWDNS. Drove home with our tailpipe tucked between the tires, wanting to jump off the Tallahatchie Bridge.

The best? I shared my feelings about that not to long ago. This is what I said...
The OU/Washington State Rose Bowl experience was the most fun because we won. It was all in the winning. They were pretty hateful toward everything and everybody OU. The day it was announced that we were coming, it started. They even tried to prevent the Schooner from coming, as not to damage their field. To me, those were fightin' words! :mad:

Their conference officials were not one bit happy about the Sooner fans or our football team coming there to sully their field, and they weren't shy about saying so...all over the media. The whole "Grand Daddy of them all" thing was so pronounced. They were very angry that match up was not going to be the Big 10/PAC 10 game they had hoped for. They said OUs presence was "interfering with their tradition." :rolleyes:

Their reporters were saying things like helicopters spotted us coming down the highway in our bare feet, wearing overalls, loaded up in our combines, wagons and stage coaches moving west. They were pretty hard on us and even resorted to name calling. Yes, they called us hillbillies too, but this was before we liked it. :P

It got so bad that Coach Stoops even commented on national TV that yes, he knew we weren't getting a polite welcome from them. He addressed that issue by saying that we were coming anyway, whether they liked it or not, and that we were bringing the Schooner with us. He chuckled and said "If they don't want the Schooner to hurt their grass, then they better keep us out of the end zone". He said that we deserve to be there and the players earned that spot. A couple of days later in another interview he said..."OU doesn't have a Rose Bowl trophy. One of those would look real nice in our trophy case." He even said "If they don't want to play us in The Rose Bowl, thats fine. We'll play them in the parking lot." :D As a result, some conference representative of theirs or some parade person, gave Coach Stoops a bunch of roses at half time during a basketball game and said our Schooner was welcome too, to try to make amends. Coach Stoops was very gracious but by then the game was on, like Donkey Kong! :P

The smack talk coming from their fans before the game, at the stadium, was vicious. We sat down close on the 50 yard line, best seats in the place...right behind the Rose Bowl queen, her court and all the Rose Bowl officials. They were surrounded by Sooners. When we started winning the game soundly, people started chanting (screaming)..."Whos Your Grand Daddy Now?" Back and forth we chanted "Nate" and "Hybl" from one side of the stadium to the other, like we do with the words"Boomer" and "Sooner," of which they also got several incoming rounds. Then we also shouted Big" and "Twelve" back and forth, over and over and over again throughout much of the whole 4th quarter. It was nonstop! The Sooner fans went wild! Totally wild! Coach Stoops was lovin' it too. :D

The players gave hugs and high fives after the game to any Sooner fan that wanted one. Coach Stoops greeted us all saying "Thank you several times to the OU fans from the sidelines. The Sooner fans and players stayed in that stadium forever after the game celebrating together, like we owned it.

Afterward we went to the Beverly Hills Cheesecake Factory and had dinner with Renaldo Works. My husband knew his parents from when he use to practice in Tulsa. Renaldo was with some friends way back in the line. I saw him outside the window right after we were seated. We had 4 extra chairs, so I went and got them. :D

OUthunder
1/3/2011, 03:24 PM
Best: Seeing Wisconsin and there arrogant HC get beat, and then to see a football player cry like a bitch during a press conference.

Worst: Fiesta Bowl... I wouldn't pay to go back to that bowl unless it was against a football school with a great tradition and football history, or if it was for the National Title.

TahoeSOONER
1/3/2011, 03:31 PM
The best: Oklahoma

The worst: * (followed by repeated laughter)

Its been a good year.

SoonerLB
1/3/2011, 03:44 PM
I'm wayy on the other side of this. ANY hit the SEC can take is just fine by me as I'm beyond tired of all the love they get, & even if tOSU does win, the B10's bowl record is still going to be sub-.500, so that difference is negligible, IMO.

I think you missed my sarcasm, I despise the SEC and their false claims of being the best conference. One of my worst bowl moments was Florida winning, I wanted Penn St to 'moida 'em'. The pain I feel over them winning could be eased by Ohio St getting pounded into oblivion and joining the rest of the big 10 losers though. ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2011, 04:13 PM
Worst: The penalty call on the saluteThat ref oughta be fined...BIG! and maybe have to singlehandedly clean up the stadium after all KState home games next year.

Salt City Sooner
1/3/2011, 04:21 PM
I think you missed my sarcasm, I despise the SEC and their false claims of being the best conference. One of my worst bowl moments was Florida winning, I wanted Penn St to 'moida 'em'. The pain I feel over them winning could be eased by Ohio St getting pounded into oblivion and joining the rest of the big 10 losers though. ;)
That's where I meant that I fell on the other side of the arguement. I'm pretty much apathetic towards tOSU themselves, but if they lose, it'll be to an SEC team, & the next win they get this season (other than 'Bama, their fans were great when we had our home/home) will be one too many for me & that ESPECIALLY includes Arkansas. Their fans are beyond delusional, & unfortunately, my parents live down there so I have to encounter those fans if I want to see the folks. They're not bad people over in that neck of the woods until you mention OU & then it's like hitting a 180 degree button. A BCS win would send them through the roof even more than they already are.

budbarrybob
1/3/2011, 04:41 PM
Best: Oklahoma

Worst: Suspensions, er quasi-suspensions.
:pop:

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/3/2011, 05:06 PM
Wathcing Blackmon act like a punk!

tru dat!!!!

LiveLaughLove
1/3/2011, 05:40 PM
BEST - Seeing no burnt orange at any of them. Watching their fans having to resort to name calling on boards while OU collects another scalp.

WORST - Will be watching a Heisman winner get to play for it all when everyone and Michael Vicks dog knows he was bought and paid for.

Football Jim
1/3/2011, 07:45 PM
Lots of truth here guys. There are so many good points and bad points to choose from.
Of course OU winning is the best but I have to admit the fuskers getting owned by lowly Washington tickled me pretty good.

I am with you about the Cam thing. Something rotton there, but I just can't root for those ^&%$#@ ducks.

I am also upset over the KSU salute. What a lame call.

PLaw
1/3/2011, 08:26 PM
Best: Not having to hear about texass' bowl.

Worst: Not having the chance to see texas getting throttled.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/3/2011, 11:45 PM
Best: Not having to hear about texass' bowl.

Worst: Not having the chance to see texas getting throttled.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOSXOgytmug

King Barry's Back
1/3/2011, 11:50 PM
Worst: MSU's depantsing by Alabama

After Mich St whined for the past month about missing the BCS, to see them "depantsed" in their minor bowl was a "best" from my perspective.

The Big 10 sucks and I can't see Nebraska brings them anything to the table.

King Barry's Back
1/4/2011, 12:01 AM
I am with you about the Cam thing. Something rotton there, but I just can't root for those ^&%$#@ ducks.

Here's the win-win for us.

We cheer for Auburn to outscore Orygun in the game, thus the ducks lose their national championship.

Then, in a couple of years, after the NCAA has completed its investigation and announced sanctions against Auburn, and Cam has returned his Heisman "voluntarily," Auburn will be forced to vacate their national championship.

Then neither of these punk-asses gets anything.

SoonerMarkVA
1/4/2011, 12:19 AM

Winnah!