PDA

View Full Version : One of the coolest Christmas Gifts...

StoopTroup
1/3/2011, 09:33 AM
I got for the Wife. She at first thought "MEH". Sunday morning we had the muffins, eggs, sausage/Canadian Bacon and cheese all ready to check this baby out.

It is teh Win! She loves it....the kids love it! McDonalds at Home without the grease. Poaches the egg hard or soft, warms the meat up and times the muffin toasting to go along with the finishing of the egg...keeps it all warm...add cheese slap it together and start another one while your eating the first one. Even wrap it up in a paper towel and warm it in the microwave when you get to work.

Thing was $20 at Dillards

http://www.appliancist.com/egg-muffin-toaster.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 09:34 AM
warms the meat you say

StoopTroup
1/3/2011, 09:43 AM
Oh yeah....

jumperstop
1/3/2011, 09:45 AM
My brother got one of those a few years back.

jumperstop
1/3/2011, 09:46 AM
Also Troup, sometimes I think you and STEP might be gay lovers.

StoopTroup
1/3/2011, 09:52 AM
We enjoy meat....You vegetarians always get confused.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 10:08 AM
Also Troup, sometimes I think you and STEP might be gay lovers.

I don't understand why you would think that

JohnnyMack
1/3/2011, 10:14 AM
STEP, is there something you need to tell me?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 10:15 AM
STEP, is there something you need to tell me?

Ive got something to show to you

StoopTroup
1/3/2011, 10:19 AM
Meat cleaver?

jumperstop
1/3/2011, 10:25 AM
That burger in you avatar STEP makes me still wish we had big ed's in okc.

StoopTroup
1/3/2011, 10:27 AM
Someone likes the big meat STEP....

JohnnyMack
1/3/2011, 10:31 AM
STEP:
http://www.hamovhotov.com/fun/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/tiny-hamburger.jpg

Aldebaran
1/3/2011, 10:48 AM
You should always buy your wife Christmas presents that reaffirm her role in the kitchen. True story.

3rdgensooner
1/3/2011, 11:01 AM
STEP:
http://www.hamovhotov.com/fun/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/tiny-hamburger.jpgThose are some nasty fingers.

Cheez-It
1/3/2011, 11:28 AM
I would be LIVID if I had recieved that for Christmas. That is an every day purchase, not one to tell the love of your life on Christmas "Hey, while you are at it....can you make me a hot sammich??"

jumperstop
1/3/2011, 11:32 AM
I would be LIVID if I had recieved that for Christmas. That is an every day purchase, not one to tell the love of your life on Christmas "Hey, while you are at it....can you make me a hot sammich??"

Some of us like practical gifts....and can't afford 52 inch flat screens, Lexuses, or trips to Maui.

Aldebaran
1/3/2011, 11:37 AM
Some of us lack imagination and hardly even know our wives because we spend more time on a message board than we do talking to them....and can't afford 52 inch flat screens, Lexuses, or trips to Maui, but we sure like McDonalds. It's freaking McDonalds at home!!

No doubt, man... No doubt.

FirstandGoal
1/3/2011, 11:45 AM

Well I would love it.

Any gift with a meat warmer= win

cantwait48
1/3/2011, 11:47 AM
troup, where do you put your meat?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 11:48 AM
obviously in the warmer

Breadburner
1/3/2011, 02:15 PM
I'm a Vagitarian......

2121Sooner
1/3/2011, 02:32 PM
My butler makes fresh eggs benedict when I want them.

StoopTroup
1/3/2011, 02:40 PM
My butler makes fresh eggs benedict when I want them.

We gave one to each of the maids. The Butler got fired. I didn't trust him.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 02:47 PM
Im so proud of where this thread went

AlbqSooner
1/3/2011, 08:11 PM
I'm a Vagitarian......

Vaginatarian ya nimrod!

OUthunder
1/3/2011, 08:19 PM
in

achiro
1/3/2011, 10:41 PM
I like it. Enough that I just ordered the larger model, 4 slices of bread type stuff and 2 eggs.
http://www.ballerhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/egg-toaster.jpeg

2121Sooner
1/3/2011, 10:54 PM
I like it. Enough that I just ordered the larger model, 4 slices of bread type stuff and 2 eggs.
http://www.ballerhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/egg-toaster.jpeg

Kick it up a notch!!!!

http://www.celebchefs.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/bam.jpg

soonerinkaty
1/3/2011, 10:55 PM
Keepin' your female in line, i see.

SunnySooner
1/3/2011, 11:03 PM
Saaaweeeett!!!! I make breakfast sammiches all the time, my boys love 'em!!! I usually use "everything" bagels, though, ST. Are the toaster openings big enough for those? If so, that thing would make the whole cooking process bunches easier.

And I like practical gifts as well, as long as they're next to my impractical, probably-too-expensive, I-want-really-bad-but-will-never-buy-for-myself, gifts. ;)

ouwasp
1/3/2011, 11:13 PM
bagels...taste like cardboard...

achiro
1/4/2011, 10:48 AM
Saaaweeeett!!!! I make breakfast sammiches all the time, my boys love 'em!!! I usually use "everything" bagels, though, ST. Are the toaster openings big enough for those? If so, that thing would make the whole cooking process bunches easier.

And I like practical gifts as well, as long as they're next to my impractical, probably-too-expensive, I-want-really-bad-but-will-never-buy-for-myself, gifts. ;)

Yeah we do the breakfast sandwich thing for our boys quite a bit too. My 10 year old was pumped when he saw this thing. He's already creating his own recipes..."I can use a frozen blueberry waffle instead of bread and make a sandwich!":D
It says it will toast bagels on the description. Maybe not those huge Panera bagels but it should do the normal sized ones. :D

Boomer.....
1/4/2011, 11:01 AM
Seriously though, where does the meat go?

StoopTroup
1/5/2011, 06:58 AM
I'd buy the 4 holer for sure and to answer Sunny's question. I haven't tried a bagel yet but I do believe it will toast most bagels. Now....if it was one of those NYC feed a whole family on one bagels.....maybe not but I'm satisfied to safely think it will accept the store bought type bagels that come in packs of 6 or 8. I will take a measurement and go shopping for both kinds of bagels and let you know. For the price...these toasters are the bomb and even if it went out in a year....I'd buy two more.

Also...for those that want to know where the meat goes......

Ask STEP. :D

On a serious note....you put water in the chrome heating bowl below the egg, you then spray a bit of pam or some butter on the little egg pan and put your egg in it. Theres a black peice with holes in it that will allow the steam to rise upwards. You set the egg pan on that and then another black piece goes over the top of your egg. It had a kind of criss-cross pattern that allows even more steam to pass upwards past the egg. That's where you set the Canadian Bacon or pre-cooked sausage. It does a decent job of warming up the meat. :D A clear plastic Dome goes over the top of it all that has a hole the size of a dime or nickel in the top that allows the steam to pass through. It restricts enough steam to keep it warm enough to cook everything but not burn it all up. The little cup that comes with it has marks on it for the water amounts. Less water if you want it poached or soft, medium of HARD. Also the bottom of the cup has a needle that will allow you to poke a hole in the point of an egg and then you can set 2 in the tray with the hole upwards of coarse....and you can hard boil two eggs at once. Just another thing that adds to this thing IMO. We were talking that you could made a couple of quick deviled eggs put them in a container and when you got to work put them in the refrig and by lunch they'd be cooled and a nice addition to your lunch. "Deviled Eggs"!

The side of the toaster has buttons for making the egg and the toast or if you don't feel like a morning sammie you can just toast your muffin or your bagel or whatever.

Again...I think this might get more use than the toaster oven. Our old toaster oven will always be our place to re-warm our pizza slices....however he might get put under the counter because of this new baby. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/5/2011, 09:25 AM
Meat goes in the warmer.....

dwarthog
1/5/2011, 10:19 AM
We enjoy meat....You vegetarians always get confused.

This....

"If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?