PDA

View Full Version : Ronnell Lewis and the 50 Front Defense

cleller
1/3/2011, 09:04 AM
Read an article this morning that indicated Bob expected to continue with the 50 front defense next year, as it had worked well down the stretch this year.

Of course, I had to do a little internet research to read up on the matter, and came across this article.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FIH/is_1_71/ai_n18612238/

What jumped out at me was this passage:

"The biggest challenge has been at the defensive end position. Quickness, speed, and aggressiveness are now more important than size. The DE must always be on the move playing pass defense, rushing the passer or taking on a blocker. He must be an athlete who loves to play football."

Does that sound like Ronnell to you? Also reminds me some of Dan Cody, who came in unexpectedly in the Orange Bowl against Florida State.

Hopefully Ronnell will be just fine, and back to his spot next year.

KantoSooner
1/3/2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I 'm glad he has some time to heal. If the injury was 'stinger' type of thing that was reported, it's best to let it completely heal rather than re-aggravating it by coming back too early.

Now, why are so many players dropping their heads immediately prior to contact? That seems like a coaching 'drop' over their years in high school and college, no?