PDA

View Full Version : An Aggy saw it coming first

oudavid1
1/3/2011, 05:29 AM
My former manager, an OK State grad(very reasonable though) and a closet OU fan brought this up after the Missouri loss.

He said no matter happens, OU is gonna be ranked #1 next year. I sat there and thought about it, and he was right (at the time at least). I dont know who else has enough coming back and a strong finish like Oklahoma. I dont much care for rankings, especially preseason. I just hope that the conference re-alignment dosnt hamper OUr ability to make war in the BCS next year.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2011, 09:52 AM
Hard to say he saw it first. There have been posts on this board about the prospects for the '11 season well before the '10 season started. But I give your OK State grad friend props anyway :)

sooner518
1/3/2011, 09:54 AM
all youve got to do is look at our team this year, look at who's coming back and its pretty easy to see how we will be ranked in the top 5 at least.

jumperstop
1/3/2011, 09:58 AM
That's my only concern. How will no championship game hurt us? People say well it didn't hurt tOSU, but that was when only half of the AQ conferences had one. Now that the other top AQ conferences have one and four of the six overall, I think it might affect our chances more than most people on here would believe. We'll just have to wait and see though. As far as starting number one I hope not, but were going to win em probably anyways. It's just harder with a target on your back and the expectations of starting the season number one.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2011, 10:04 AM
So, you used to work at McDonald's?

sooner28
1/3/2011, 11:04 AM
So, you used to work at McDonald's?

+1

SunnySooner
1/3/2011, 12:24 PM
If we start with a high preseason ranking, it might help us in the 'puters later if the lack of a CCG becomes an issue. Would also help if FSU wins out after we thump 'em again.

KantoSooner
1/3/2011, 12:30 PM
Ponder is a SR this year, right? I will feel a lot better about starting the season late and against FSU if they have to start an underclassman.

PDXsooner
1/3/2011, 01:05 PM
Is your source all 52 AP voters?