PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy being everyone's darling, Tee Cee You

Jacie
1/2/2011, 01:22 PM
. . . because you are losing your 44-game winning QB. Remember what happened to another team from the state of Texas that graduated the winningest QB in that program's history? From playing for it all to FAIL in one season would seem inconceivable except it played out just like that for them.

And have fun as the western-most member of the Big East. I am sure they are gonna love you!

slh1234
1/2/2011, 01:23 PM
You know you're becoming successful when you start accumulating haters.

yankee
1/2/2011, 01:46 PM
Gary Patterson has more coaching ability in his left testicle than Mack Brown does in his entire body. You won't see the kind of drop-off that the whorns had this year, no way.

Sooner Suzie
1/2/2011, 01:54 PM
Gotta agree with Yankee ... Patterson is a great coach. Maybe next year they won't be a top 5 team, but I still expect them to be a top-25 for sure with a better-than-average chance to be top-10. They are far more than a QB. Their best asset is their outstanding D ... that's Gary Patterson and he's not going anywhere. And their move to the Big East makes for a little tougher schedule, but not a whole lot. They should be in contention for their championship as long as Patterson stays.

StoopTroup
1/2/2011, 01:54 PM
Gary Patterson has more coaching ability in his left testicle than Mack Brown does in his entire body. You won't see the kind of drop-off that the whorns had this year, no way.

I'll agree with you on that...but you won't see them pull an undeafeated Season again once they've walked away from the Mountain West either.

As long as they are able to keep Patterson there...they will be a contender. As a TCU Fan....traveling to the East for those games is gonna suck.

Top 25 next years end? It's possible as they'll get a decent spot in the polls for this finish. If they lose 3....their out though

mgsooner
1/2/2011, 01:57 PM
. . . because you are losing your 44-game winning QB. Remember what happened to another team from the state of Texas that graduated the winningest QB in that program's history? From playing for it all to FAIL in one season would seem inconceivable except it played out just like that for them.

And have fun as the western-most member of the Big East. I am sure they are gonna love you!

This reads like something that would be written by an Aggy.

Okie35
1/2/2011, 01:59 PM
I really have no hate at all for TCU. I disliked them for a while though but now I'm neutral and glad they beat Wisconsin.

slh1234
1/2/2011, 02:03 PM
Just a neutral observation - no emotions attached. It seems to me that the better TCU recruits in Texas, and the more they are considered a premier program in Texas, the more it hurts Texas' recruiting.

I suppose it could work against OU as well, but OU recruits outside of Texas seemings a lot better than Texas does.

Sooner_Tuf
1/2/2011, 03:21 PM

Losing Colt McCoy is not what destroyed Texas' Football Program. Putting Will Muschamp in a position to run off most of the coaching staff is what destroyed the Texas Program.
Basically Dodds and Mack paid a guy a lot of money to destroy their program and then watch him leave. I'll be curious to see what he does with Florida's program with control there. I have a sneaking suspicion it won't be pretty.

StoopTroup
1/2/2011, 03:41 PM
My Uncle had a Sports Goods store right off the TCU Campus. He did pretty good but it took every thing to please those folks. When I visited him...you could tell he was irritated most of the time. Customers in the area had their Land Rovers parked in front of his store so they could hang out and look cool. They were disruptive and difficult to deal with. They had a sense of being better than you. I don't think he liked them very much but the money evidently was worth putting up with the Skip and Muffy's. As I grew up as a kid around him, I knew a guy that was very cordial and willing to help people find something that fit their need or taste....when he moved there...I saw he'd had to change and hire Students who could put up with the eliteness it took to hold them by the hand to find a pack of tube socks.

Eielson
1/2/2011, 04:17 PM
Andy Dalton wasn't even that good.

rekamrettuB
1/2/2011, 04:30 PM
As long as they are able to keep Patterson there...they will be a contender. As a TCU Fan....traveling to the East for those games is gonna suck.

They gotta travel a good deal west right now. I guess the weather might be an issue later in the season but it's not like they stay in Texas in the MWC.

StoopTroup
1/2/2011, 04:51 PM
It might be better since things are tighter as far as major airports and if you can afford to fly...it might be even more fun I guess but when I think of a large fan base moving about the country for 3-4 months every year...I would be begging the Big XII to let me in if I were them....

BajaOklahoma
1/2/2011, 04:59 PM
As a TCU Fan....traveling to the East for those games is gonna suck.

You are apparently under the misconception that they actually attend the games now. Buy your ticket, get your beer (yes, they sell it at the stadium) and sit anywhere you want. Don't worry about crowding your neighbor, they are probably in the next section over.

rekamrettuB
1/2/2011, 05:14 PM
It might be better since things are tighter as far as major airports and if you can afford to fly...it might be even more fun I guess but when I think of a large fan base moving about the country for 3-4 months every year...I would be begging the Big XII to let me in if I were them....

Oh, ya...no doubt about it they would be better geographically in the Big XII but I bet they won't be holding their breaths waiting on that invite. I just don't think the Big XII would have invited them as they brought no new market and adding another Texas school would not sit well w/ non-Texas current members. It's obviously just my opinion but I think they would fail in the Big XII and go the way of Baylor. Now they can actually sell a BCS conference championship as a recruiting tool.

StoopTroup
1/2/2011, 05:28 PM
You are apparently under the misconception that they actually attend the games now. Buy your ticket, get your beer (yes, they sell it at the stadium) and sit anywhere you want. Don't worry about crowding your neighbor, they are probably in the next section over.

I've seen them travel to Basketball and Football Games. They have a decent Fan Base and it seems to have gotten larger over the years. No doubt they may not be a Sooner Type crowd...that's kind of what I allude to as far as my Uncles view of them. They'll go if Daddy or Momma will buy their way a put them up at a 5 Star Hotel and pick up their bar tab....but they have some real passionate fans/Alums too. I'll give them their due for the show of support they had at the Rose Bowl this year. I'm sure many of them will be talking about that one for years.

bluedogok
1/2/2011, 05:32 PM
Mack recruits stars, Patterson recruits better players. I think they will dominate the Big East, with Pitt in disarray and UCONN looking coach-less right now who does that leave? You have a few teams that can rise up every once in awhile but I think TCU can sustain their talent to the point of winning the Big East consistently for however long they remain in that conference. Maybe not remain a top 5 but definitely top 15.

winout
1/2/2011, 07:39 PM
Love seeing the Pac10 or Big 10 get punked in the Rose.

Leroyt
1/2/2011, 08:05 PM
The defense may be great this year, and Patterson's got skeelz, but...
They lose thre starters on both the ofeensive and defensive lines along with the qb, three of their top 4 receivers, two corners and two safeties. No chance they end up top 10. I don't hate 'em, I couldn't give two $h!+$ about the froggies, but good on them for handling the best the big 10 had to offer.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/2/2011, 08:32 PM
I'll agree with you on that...but you won't see them pull an undeafeated Season again once they've walked away from the Mountain West either.

Why not? This year's Big LEast would be a downgrade over this year's Mountain West.

I don't understand why people are all pissy about TCU. I rather appreciate the Froggies. Seems to me Patterson is a damn good coach and they are running a good program.

Heck, they may well have (I think most likely) whupped our butts if we had played them this year. JMO...

SoonerKnight
1/2/2011, 10:18 PM
I watched them against the cheese state school and no they would not have beat us. We would have shut their run down and force them to pass and our secondary would have at least 2 picks if not more in that game!!

SoonerDood
1/3/2011, 12:17 AM
Put em in a conference with Texas, A&M, and Oklahoma and they wouldn't win jack. Just like the Old SWC. Just like Rice baseball never did anything until they got away from the big boys.

rainiersooner
1/3/2011, 12:26 AM

Maybe, but which powerhouse in the Big East is going to beat them year in year out?

rekamrettuB
1/3/2011, 10:01 AM
Love seeing the Pac10 or Big 10 get punked in the Rose.

This is kind of funny...since the BCS started the Pac 10 or Big 10 have not won a Rose Bowl that didn't pair the two conferences.

2002 OU ov Wash St
2005 Texas ov Michigan
2006 Texas ov So Cal
2011 TCU ov Wiscy

I bet they are loving that, eh?