PDA

View Full Version : so now that you have seen yukon,

cantwait48
1/2/2011, 12:41 PM
where do you think they would have finished in the big12 south?/north?

Overall I say they would be no worse than 3rd in north and maybe 4th in south ahead of BU and TTU? they would crush texas ofcourse. I think they beat everyone in the north except neb and mu.

thoughts?

Memtig14
1/2/2011, 12:43 PM
Sounds OK to me.

I think normally they come in 5th in the South.......ahead of baylor.

hawaii 5-0
1/2/2011, 12:45 PM
I think Baylor woulda beaten them.

5-0

Leroy Lizard
1/2/2011, 12:59 PM
A Baylor/Uconn game would be a pretty good match, with UConn favored to win by maybe 3.

delhalew
1/2/2011, 01:02 PM
What I think is that long lay offs help teams like Uconn and hurt teams that rely so much on rhythm like us.

I think Uconn would be a Big12 cellar dweller.

Therealsouthsider
1/2/2011, 01:12 PM
....without a month to prepare they would have more resembled Iowa St.

Jacie
1/2/2011, 01:16 PM
What I think is that long lay offs help teams like Uconn and hurt teams that rely so much on rhythm like us.

I think Uconn would be a Big12 cellar dweller.

This version of panting canines could have handled this year's whorns but not much else in the South Division . . .

Eielson
1/2/2011, 01:18 PM
UConn didn't score an offensive touchdown, and we could've easily been in the 50's, maybe even the 60's if it wouldn't have been considered running up the score.

delhalew
1/2/2011, 01:23 PM
Has anyone seen Uconn fan reaction to the game? I'd like to have something to go with the pregame silliness.

OUthunder
1/2/2011, 01:35 PM
They have a solid D, just no speed. I'd say they'd finish between 4-6 in the south, between 1-3 in the North. Well coached, hard nosed team.

cvsooner
1/2/2011, 02:01 PM
They actually beat Baylor a couple of years ago.

Okie35
1/2/2011, 02:41 PM
UConn didn't score an offensive touchdown, and we could've easily been in the 50's, maybe even the 60's if it wouldn't have been considered running up the score.

Yea well if we take away the 6 from the 2 field goals in the redzone and add them as 2 TDs we'd have 56.

fadada1
1/2/2011, 02:46 PM
looking at it from another perspective.... iowa state may have made a run for the big east title.

OUNC06
1/2/2011, 02:54 PM
UCONN did beat South Carolina in a bowl game last year so they would be competitive in the SEC. :D

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2011, 02:59 PM
They would have beaten TT and Baylor because they could have scored on those guys and had a much better defense. Probably would have beat the horns - certainly in the latter part of the season after the horns gave up. They could have scored on the pokes, but not out-scored. aTm's defense would have stuffed them.

Sooner_Tuf
1/2/2011, 03:32 PM
Has anyone seen Uconn fan reaction to the game? I'd like to have something to go with the pregame silliness.

There are some long threads on their Scout Board that are worth reading. There is one particularly good part where one of our posters from here goes over there to gloat about playing a "perennial powerhouse". They all told him where to stick it. I chuckled pretty good.

I think there is a first half thread, a half time thread, and a second half thread. All in all the don't know a lot about football (kinda like osu fans) but they are very honest with themselves about what they need to get better. Seem like a decent bunch of people though.

There is no way an OU Fan can post there without looking like a doosh at this point but it is worth reading if you have the time.

delhalew
1/2/2011, 03:36 PM
Yeah. I have no interest in twisting the knife. I just wondered what they took away from their first game against a traditional powerhouse on a big stage.