PDA

View Full Version : Good girls vs TCU

btk108
1/2/2011, 11:26 AM
Sooner Sports says this is on TV on the MTN network, any clue what the heck they're talking about?

Bourbon St Sooner
1/2/2011, 02:21 PM
I get MTN on directv. It's one of the regional sports networks.

stoopified
1/2/2011, 02:26 PM
I get MTN on directv. It's one of the regional sports networks.Thaqt's what I was afraid of.

badger
1/2/2011, 07:18 PM
I hear ya man. I've only been able to see two games on TV this year - New Mexico (win!) and Arkie (loss). NP and I have already got tix (lower bowl, in your face, yellow shirts!) for the weekend in February where we host Kansas (men) and Baylor (women) so we'll make it back to Norman soon if TV won't bring Norman to us.

I just checked the box score - Whitney started and already has 19 points. We're up by one with 12 minutes left in the game, 43-42. Yes, Whitney has like half of our points so far - they are playing in her home town and all.

tash0310
1/2/2011, 08:06 PM
You could actually watch the game on TCU's all-access page there was a link on soonersports.com, but the game is over now... And we lost but Whit had her first double-double in her career and career high points with 24...

Chuck Bao
1/3/2011, 03:22 AM
What is wrong with this team? It seems like there is so much talent. But, the chemistry or consistency or consistency of chemistry is just not there.

I had assumed that Coach Sherri is just experimenting with the lineup during the non-conference schedule and the team would be ready for Big XII play. OU just lost to a 6-6 TCU team and Big XII conference play starts this Saturday.

Anyway, welcome back Miss Hand.

fwsooner22
1/3/2011, 03:40 PM
I live a mile from TCU we go to lots of games. Actually have an acquaintance on the team. TCU is not that good. We didn't match with the very big girl from Iceland (forget me trying to spell that name). We played too much one on one. We had three of our "big" girls foul out. Whitney had great looks to keep us in the game late but none went down. Can't fault her for not having late game legs at this point. It was a good effort. This is not one of Coach C's best teams. they are fun to watch but lack an inside offense.

Maybe it'll get better in conference. TCU is big if nothing else.

Aldebaran
1/3/2011, 05:26 PM
Hand coming back creates a huge change in the team chemistry. I'm not surprised that we struggled. Everyone's role shifts with her in the line-up, and it will take a few games for them to figure out how the pieces fit again. That, and it seems like Coale's teams often go through a trial by fire over the winter break. I'm sure they'll come out stronger on the other side of this.

mfreemba
1/4/2011, 11:03 AM
Our two good freshman both really struggled shooting vs TCU...collectively they were 3-21 for 8 points. We need them to score as they are our now our 3rd and 4th scoring options; hopefully no more games the rest of the year where they both are cold. It did appear Whitney got tired and lost her shooting legs late in the game...she still has to get her game shape. I would think this team will improve as they get used to playing with Whitney and Aaryn/Morgan improve...however this team is not as good as the last two.

TopDawg
1/8/2011, 10:00 PM
I got to watch part of it while having some Boomma-Q! Thanks, Billy!

StoopTroup
1/8/2011, 11:15 PM
WWLJD?