PDA

View Full Version : Things that impressed me about the game.

SoonerLB
1/2/2011, 11:15 AM
1. Only one penalty! Amazing! Well done gentlemen!
2. No antics! Thanks for being gentlemen! Nice to see players hand the ball to the refs and act in a business-like manner, very impressive! (Could it be that the refs were impressed too? See #1 above)
3. Playing the game as a team with a purpose! Well done gentlemen!
4. Winning with style! Good job gentlemen, and nice job on the interviews, ya done good!
5. The 2010 Sooner Football Team! Classy showing fellas, you're a source of pride for the Sooner Nation, congrats!
6. And last but not least, that monkey getting knocked off of Bob Stoop's back! Goodbye monkey, go find some other coach to torment! (You might want to check out some guy named Brown down around Austin . . . just sayin'!)

Leroy Lizard
1/2/2011, 12:21 PM
It was just a good, clean game... like the old days.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/2/2011, 12:37 PM
Leroy, I didn't recognize you. You're green again.

olevetonahill
1/2/2011, 01:03 PM
Leroy, I didn't recognize you. You're green again.

No hes not, Ya must be color blind ;)

kelloggOUballa
1/2/2011, 01:11 PM
Only antics I saw was Broyles inexplicably hot-dogging on the 30 yard line on the big punt return and losing the football... He sure made up for it though!

delhalew
1/2/2011, 01:13 PM
I couldn't believe Broyles did that. He knew they were closing in, and didn't even try to tuck the ball away. He seemed to learn from it.

StoopTroup
1/2/2011, 01:17 PM
I couldn't believe Broyles did that. He knew they were closing in, and didn't even try to tuck the ball away. He seemed to learn from it.

Looking back at it...I think he thought he'd blown by the guy on his left and had no idea he was coming from behind....he saw the guy on his right and thought he was OK. I do think he should definitely know better...but I don't think he was hotdogging...I think he was getting ready to try and shake off the guy on the right and continue to the EZ. He didn't switch hands and wave it at the guy on the right....

opksooner
1/2/2011, 01:18 PM
Only antics I saw was Broyles inexplicably hot-dogging on the 30 yard line on the big punt return and losing the football... He sure made up for it though! He was NOT hot-dogging. He was trying evade but did not secure the ball. He felt a presence to his right and was holding the ball in his left hand. Big mistake but not "hot-dogging. He shoulda tucked and protected the ball.

SoonerLB
1/2/2011, 01:35 PM
He had just switched the ball from his right hand to his left and it looked to me as if he just didn't have time to get it tucked away before the guy hit it from his blind side. I don't think he was hot-dogging at all.

BigTip
1/2/2011, 01:38 PM
Looking back at it...I think he thought he'd blown by the guy on his left and had no idea he was coming from behind....he saw the guy on his right and thought he was OK. I do think he should definitely know better...but I don't think he was hotdogging...I think he was getting ready to try and shake off the guy on the right and continue to the EZ. He didn't switch hands and wave it at the guy on the right....

This. He didn't hear or see the guy on left and he was trying to stiff arm the guy on his right.

He still needs a stern talkin' to though! ;)

StoopTroup
1/2/2011, 01:39 PM
He was NOT hot-dogging. He was trying evade but did not secure the ball. He felt a presence to his right and was holding the ball in his left hand. Big mistake but not "hot-dogging. He shoulda tucked and protected the ball.

Agreed....some folks in the game thread went crazy and popped off some **** about him. Ryan is a great player and I'd like to see him back next year but if decides to move on...I bet he makes us proud in the NFL. He's come a long way and learned to be a really good guy from the days when we concerned he was a talented problem. It was mentioned at least once last night during the game. I hope he never goes through that again in his life.

slh1234
1/2/2011, 01:40 PM
I'm hoping that monkey will be wasting his time with that coach named Brown. I don't want that guy in a BCS bowl game, especially since that would mean that OU has a good chance of not being in the BCS. I'd rather the monkey see more potential for productivity with another coach.