PDA

View Full Version : Any News on Ronnell Lewis?

SOFSooner
1/2/2011, 09:34 AM
I saw him being taken off the field on a backboard, and then saw the ambulance taing hm to the hospital. Does anyone know about his situation? The announcers were the worst ever, they were always giving man love to the uconn running back and didn't even mention that OU had an injured player on the field, wouldn't even known it if the camera hadn't shown it. AFN is showing the game again, I love it. But watching with sound off.

colleyvillesooner
1/2/2011, 09:38 AM
It was reported last night that it was just a mild concussion.

SOFSooner
1/2/2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks, didn't read the previous threads or I would have known this. Game ended here at around 0845 this morning and slept most of the day.

TMcGee86
1/2/2011, 09:52 AM
I saw him being taken off the field on a backboard, and then saw the ambulance taing hm to the hospital. Does anyone know about his situation? The announcers were the worst ever, they were always giving man love to the uconn running back and didn't even mention that OU had an injured player on the field, wouldn't even known it if the camera hadn't shown it. AFN is showing the game again, I love it. But watching with sound off.

This. It was freaking unbelievable how bad they were going on and on about the flipping uconn rb like it was the greatest story evar and showing his family for about 5 mins straight all the while they are putting Lewis on a backboard and carting him off. And then when they finally wake from their uconn fap fest they have no idea what happened to him and they start wildly speculating that it's some sort of neck injury and that they have to notify the family before telling anyone what it is.

I knew the second I saw Matt Millen's fat face that we were in for a horrible broadcast but espn even exceeded my lofty expectations of suckitude.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/2/2011, 10:21 AM
I knew the second I saw Matt Millen's fat face that we were in for a horrible broadcast but espn even exceeded my lofty expectations of suckitude.

Come now, he built a team here where I live that had an unblemished record

Lawton4Life
1/2/2011, 10:31 AM
95% of the broadcast was about how great all of our players were and they said several times that the UCONN receivers just didnt have any kind of talent. The praised Jones, Broyles, Carter and Beal early and often. There was one piece about their RB when he finally got it going. was probably the most pro ou broadcast I have ever heard on national tv.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/2/2011, 10:37 AM
95% of the broadcast was about how great all of our players were and they said several times that the UCONN receivers just didnt have any kind of talent. The praised Jones, Broyles, Carter and Beal early and often. There was one piece about their RB when he finally got it going. was probably the most pro ou broadcast I have ever heard on national tv.

this.

sooner518
1/2/2011, 10:47 AM
Thought the announcers were fine. Todman is a good player and they talked about it. They praised us more than uconn I thought.

delhalew
1/2/2011, 10:55 AM
I don't think anyone was complaining about the fact that were giving Todman love. I think it was that while they were busy blowing him they missed a development on the field. A common problem with these broadcasts.

kc sooner
1/2/2011, 11:14 AM
this.

Yeah I couldn't believe an announcer would pretty much say their receivers suck, that was pretty bad.

TMcGee86
1/2/2011, 11:17 AM
I don't think anyone was complaining about the fact that were giving Todman love. I think it was that while they were busy blowing him they missed a development on the field. A common problem with these broadcasts.

exactly. it's the problem I have with most broadcasts, they spend too much time on stupid side stories thought up by some producer who doesn't like football and meanwhile they miss things actually happening on the field.

chuckrollz
1/2/2011, 12:13 PM
Neck Injury, similar to what Brody Eldridge had last year. thats according to Coach V

OU-HSV
1/2/2011, 12:30 PM

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with them talking about Todman...he's a good player and from what they all say he's a good kid. He's had two great seasons in a row and will likely be playing in the NFL someday soon. He looked small to me though, so I just looked and he's listed at 5'-9" 193 lbs. Of course that's not to say smaller backs don't make it in the NFL...there are several that seem to be making an impact for their teams across the league.

But I do agree, I get sick of them holding the camera away from the gameplay/field so long that we either miss plays or parts of plays. They could have talked about Todman without holding the camera on his guardians and friends forever.

But mostly I get tired of them talking about other teams and upcoming games instead of focussing on the game at hand.

btb916
1/2/2011, 12:39 PM
Yeah I couldn't believe an announcer would pretty much say their receivers suck, that was pretty bad.

That made everyone at my watch party do the double-take. Pretty crazy they came right out and said that.

yankee
1/2/2011, 01:53 PM

they were in a press box, a bit of a ways from the sideline where we first learned of Lewis's injury. It's not like Ronnell was just laying on the field and the announcers never acknowledged it, he walked off. I was shocked when they showed him on a backboard, because I never recalled seeing him injured. It happens.

ictsooner7
1/2/2011, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I didn't have a problem with them talking about Todman...he's a good player and from what they all say he's a good kid. He's had two great seasons in a row and will likely be playing in the NFL someday soon. He looked small to me though, so I just looked and he's listed at 5'-9" 193 lbs. Of course that's not to say smaller backs don't make it in the NFL...there are several that seem to be making an impact for their teams across the league.

But I do agree, I get sick of them holding the camera away from the gameplay/field so long that we either miss plays or parts of plays. They could have talked about Todman without holding the camera on his guardians and friends forever.

But mostly I get tired of them talking about other teams and upcoming games instead of focussing on the game at hand.

Funny how these inner city black kids these well to do white suburbanites take in and raise are all great football players, see The Blind Side, while they claim over and over it has nothing to do with their ability to play football. You don’t see them taking in some kid who can’t run, catch, throw, block or tackle.

Sooner in Tampa
1/2/2011, 05:36 PM
Funny how these inner city black kids these well to do white suburbanites take in and raise are all great football players, see The Blind Side, while they claim over and over it has nothing to do with their ability to play football. You don’t see them taking in some kid who can’t run, catch, throw, block or tackle.
Really? ****ing Really?

It happens dumb ***, it just doesn't make the news...or a movie...pretty broad and uneducated statement.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2011, 05:38 PM

They took in Todman at age 8. Yes, he was playing pee wee football, but there is no way they could have even imagined he would grow into NFL talent.

delhalew
1/2/2011, 05:57 PM
they were in a press box, a bit of a ways from the sideline where we first learned of Lewis's injury. It's not like Ronnell was just laying on the field and the announcers never acknowledged it, he walked off. I was shocked when they showed him on a backboard, because I never recalled seeing him injured. It happens.

Don't defend them. I still haven't seen a broadcast team that can get back to the action before we snap the ball. They go off on their BS tangents and forget that we run the fastest offense in the NCAA.

MeMyself&Me
1/2/2011, 05:59 PM

You don't see it because the story isn't as interesting. That is all. It DOES happen.

Dumb!

LRoss
1/2/2011, 10:15 PM
That made everyone at my watch party do the double-take. Pretty crazy they came right out and said that.

That was Matt Millen. As I Lions fan, I have good information that he's something of an expert when it comes to receivers who aren't good.

OU-HSV
1/3/2011, 12:32 AM
They took in Todman at age 8. Yes, he was playing pee wee football, but there is no way they could have even imagined he would grow into NFL talent.

Exactly

CowboyMRW
1/3/2011, 01:43 AM
Hopefully the guy is ok. I didn't really know what happened to him when it happened.

T's & P's with him

TheHumanAlphabet
1/3/2011, 10:30 AM

Espin suck donkey turds. CBS is the greatest and then Fox. Espin is like the lowest common denominator and they happen to own the market. Suckage and suckitude will prevail...

That man-love for Uconn and the RB was gross. Nice story, but not to break in and say there i saction on the Sooner sidelines was terrible. I guess they were afraid to go to the sideline babe because she might report them for offensively calling on her with a breaking story...

prrriiide
1/3/2011, 10:40 AM
Espin is like the lowest common denominator and they happen to own the market.

ESPiN: The Wal-Mart of the sports world.

sooneron
1/3/2011, 10:43 AM
The second that I saw McDonough and Millen, I knew I was in for a big bowl of meh.

dynersooner
1/3/2011, 10:55 AM
GREAT THREAD ON THE WELL-BEING OF RONNELL LEWIS!

THANKS!!!

TMcGee86
1/3/2011, 10:57 AM
Don't defend them. I still haven't seen a broadcast team that can get back to the action before we snap the ball. They go off on their BS tangents and forget that we run the fastest offense in the NCAA.

Exactly. The whole point of a sideline reporter should be to clue us into things like that happening off the field. Otherwise they are just annoying eye candy that bothers the coach on his way into the lockerroom.

FirstandGoal
1/3/2011, 11:07 AM
So.... has anybody heard an update on Ronnell?

olevetonahill
1/3/2011, 11:26 AM
Heres all i can find .

Sophomore defensive end Ronnell Lewis, who was carted off the field on a stretcher Saturday night with a neck injury, was still at a Phoenix-area hospital Sunday morning as doctors continued to run tests.

Lewis is believed to have suffered an injury similar to what former Sooner Brody Eldridge did last season. After wearing a neck brace for several weeks, Eldridge made a full recovery and is now playing in the NFL.

“He should be able to recover from it and be OK,” coach Bob Stoops said. “It's just going to take a little time.”

Read more: http://newsok.com/ou-football-notebook-ronnell-lewis-should-recover/article/3528868#ixzz19zRnTmEf

TheHumanAlphabet
1/3/2011, 01:44 PM
GREAT THREAD ON THE WELL-BEING OF RONNELL LEWIS!

THANKS!!!

Quick recovery from me to Ronnell...

usaosooner
1/3/2011, 02:40 PM
He is coming back today. He has a strained neck, a concussion and a stringer... great news

KantoSooner
1/3/2011, 03:14 PM
Did anyone get a look when it happened? As I recall the replays, he dipped his head, but only a bit, then got somebody's thigh (maybe one of our guys, I forget) or knee to the side of the head/neck.
It really didn't look that bad, but then he started coming loose on his way back to the sideline.
glad to hear he's going to be okay.

homerSimpsonsBrain
1/3/2011, 03:49 PM
Not to defend the ESPN idiots but the way Ronnel went down (walking off the field and then just starting to stagger till help got there) seems like they didnt notice what happened. Still thought it was goofy that they never even mentioned that he was being strapped down. They showed Fleming being helped off but then started on the story about Todman and never explained why the delay. Not sure you blame the reporters as much as the production team. Somebody should have been telling the announcers that there was a problem they needed to relay to the viewers.