PDA

View Full Version : bowl game intro video???

ouwino
1/2/2011, 08:45 AM
watching the telecast last night, after UConn entered the field, i could hear the familiar bells ringing. for those who were there, did they show an intro video as the sooners took the field??? if so was it different????

also, i liked the fact that the Schooner led the team onto the field. wish we could do that at home games as well.

yell4ou
1/2/2011, 09:12 AM
Yes, it was a new version of the "Only One Oklahoma" Video, I thought it was one of the better ones I've seen. It showed our Conference title, Heisman, & National Championship numbers and ended with Sam Brandford giving the "Only One Oklahoma." They showed UConn's too, right before they took the field...it was pretty lame. The bell that starts our video was very loud, intimidating, and timed perfectly to upstage UConn's entrance. It really made me appreciate and be more proud of OUr intro video. Our guys did/do an excellent job. JMO

ouwino
1/2/2011, 09:28 AM
i wonder if it can be found on line???? thanks for posting.

swardboy
1/2/2011, 09:47 AM
yell4ou....thanks for the report. Sounds like an allsome entrance.

How did the OU/Uconn attendance compare from seeing the colors in the stands?

yell4ou
1/2/2011, 10:27 AM
Before the game I spent most of my time at McFadden's Bar in Westgate and I was thinking... There are a ton of UConn fans that made the trip. They were loud, friendly, but not engaging(must be a East Coast thing), and they all like their booze and can drink!! But once we got to the game OU fans far more out numbered UConn's in the stands, it wasn't even close.

bonkuba
1/2/2011, 10:56 AM
Any link yet??:D

soonerboomer93
1/2/2011, 11:55 AM
Yes, it was a new version of the "Only One Oklahoma" Video, I thought it was one of the better ones I've seen. It showed our Conference title, Heisman, & National Championship numbers and ended with Sam Brandford giving the "Only One Oklahoma." They showed UConn's too, right before they took the field...it was pretty lame. The bell that starts our video was very loud, intimidating, and timed perfectly to upstage UConn's entrance. It really made me appreciate and be more proud of OUr intro video. Our guys did/do an excellent job. JMO

was it the one they used at the Big 12 Championship?
KZ528ckYMkc

cvsooner
1/2/2011, 01:50 PM
Soonersports.com on its blog estimated the crowd at 70/30 OU.

Soonerfan88
1/2/2011, 02:01 PM
It was a cut down version of #3 QVuJHqmnOS8

Used the first two crowd scenes, Travis' you-me-ball, the accomplishments, and Sam's ending.

ouduckhunter
1/2/2011, 03:58 PM
I loved seeing the Sooner Schooner leading the team out too!!! It made this old Okie proud! :)

2121Sooner
1/2/2011, 04:04 PM
OK, I clicked on the "Only One Oklahoma" and am already for September!!!!

That is the worst part of watching OU in a bowl game. That just means the football season is over.

SapulpaSooner
1/2/2011, 04:20 PM
OK, I clicked on the "Only One Oklahoma" and am already for September!!!!

That is the worst part of watching OU in a bowl game. That just means the football season is over.

But this year it is comeing off a win. a lot better than the other one. :hot: