PDA

View Full Version : Our Opponents

Leroy Lizard
1/2/2011, 03:45 AM
Gutty bunch who never quit. Considering their lack of talent, they played hard and did about as well as any team could have been expected to under the circumstances. I think they did their home fans proud.

Their QB is no great shakes, but after watching the bowls this season I would prefer him over half the QBs out there. Just watching Penn State's QB throw four INTs will make anyone appreciate Frazer's performance. His picks were not really his fault and he was a threat to complete a pass at any time. Overall... not bad.

His WRs did him no favors.

Todman? Meh. Not impressed. Sure, he had 122 yards but he was given the ball over 30 times. He doesn't come across as a breakaway threat. He's somewhat tough to bring down, but NFL lines will have no problem with that. In fact, I don't get what the NFL sees in him. Murray has a few more tools at his disposal, IMO, including the ability to catch the ball.

yankee
1/2/2011, 03:48 AM
I was also impressed with UCONN. Tough, well coached group of kids. They play clean (from what I could see) and hard.

Sooner_Tuf
1/2/2011, 04:14 AM
Their Offense sucked a nut but overall I am very impressed with them. They played a good physical game. Twenty points is pretty impressive when your offense can't find the end zone.

biscuitralph
1/2/2011, 07:15 AM
Really i can give props but were talkimg a team that came in w 4 loses and played a meaningless schedule. How good can they be they couldnt hang with our speed couldnt penetrate our OL and minus the pic six the didnt impress. OU is tops always and the win column grows for us.

cleller
1/2/2011, 08:17 AM
Thought their D was very good. The plays we made were never easy. The D-line hurried Landry and got after Demarco all night.

They showed up to play, durn Yankees.

btb916
1/2/2011, 12:28 PM
I was also impressed with UCONN. Tough, well coached group of kids. They play clean (from what I could see) and hard.

I felt the same way.

texaspokieokie
1/2/2011, 12:31 PM
i thot they played very well, & MAINLY,they never quit !!!

cantwait48
1/2/2011, 12:51 PM
their D gave up a ton of yards but we do that to everyone it seems. I think they did a pretty good job on D. We really helped their qb out by dropping his passes, they were lucky we did not run away with it in the first half but we couldn't hold on to the dad gum ball.

slh1234
1/2/2011, 12:53 PM
Any time a team has won their conference, especially by surging late in the season, I expect them to come to play, and to never quit. I thought UConn fit that perfectly.

slh1234
1/2/2011, 12:55 PM
their D gave up a ton of yards but we do that to everyone it seems. I think they did a pretty good job on D. We really helped their qb out by dropping his passes, they were lucky we did not run away with it in the first half but we couldn't hold on to the dad gum ball.

I think the "They were lucky" argument can be made by both teams in 99% of the games. Missed plays are a part of the game, too. Both teams will have them.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2011, 12:55 PM
Their 4 losses came early in the season and are not as relevant as the 5 wins in a row coming into this one. That's the team we played. They did to us just what they did to other teams - scrap together 20 points with defense, special teams and FGs. It's just that they couldn't hold us to 20 points like they could the other guys. They are well coached and they won't be able to hold onto Edsel for long.

delhalew
1/2/2011, 01:10 PM
I think they are well coached. Edsall seams to be taking care of business.

SoonerLB
1/2/2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah, they were so nice we donated 14 points to 'em. ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2011, 02:41 PM
Thought their D was very good. The plays we made were never easy. The D-line hurried Landry and got after Demarco all night.

They showed up to play, durn Yankees.Right on

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2011, 02:43 PM
re UConn...They are well coached and they won't be able to hold onto Edsel for long.Maryland bound, as of now.

StoopTroup
1/2/2011, 02:44 PM
They tried to take it to the next level and failed. Losing their Coach Today has to be a huge blow to the players there. I feel bad for them as they poured their hearts out for Edsall.

Okie35
1/2/2011, 02:52 PM
I think they are well coached. Edsall seams to be taking care of business.

This and about Todman their line was really no match for your d-line when it came to running the ball. He could have a good NFL career w/ a good line.

Leroy Lizard
1/2/2011, 02:57 PM
This and about Todman their line was really no match for your d-line when it came to running the ball. He could have a good NFL career w/ a good line.

Disagree. He can break a few tackles, but other than that I saw nothing special in him. I think he mostly benefited from playing against weak competition and getting the ball 30 times per game. I certainly never felt that he was a threat to bust a big gain against us last night. He just doesn't have much speed or any moves. If he was a receiving threat I could see it.

StoopTroup
1/2/2011, 03:01 PM
I see a bit of "Q" in him. He's a small guy with a big heart. He might find a place in the NFL. He'll need to really have a great combine if he wants more than a Special Teams job there IMO.

bluedogok
1/2/2011, 05:48 PM
I think he can have a successful career in the NFL, I don't think star level but a back like the ones always in demand especially since so many teams are using multiple backs.