PDA

View Full Version : MVP

Leroy Lizard
1/2/2011, 03:36 AM
I'm a big Jones supporter, but I really felt the MVP should have been Cam Kenney. Agree? Disagree?

sooner59
1/2/2011, 03:39 AM
I pondered this as well, but in the end, Landry tossed those passes to Kenney. Cam had a hell of a game and he will be appreciated. Landry narrowly nudged him in this game, IMO. It was close, but Landry, aside from one brain-fart, had a terrific game. Congrats to Cam, though. Hell of a Sooner.

Leroy Lizard
1/2/2011, 03:49 AM
I pondered this as well, but in the end, Landry tossed those passes to Kenney. Cam had a hell of a game and he will be appreciated. Landry narrowly nudged him in this game, IMO. It was close, but Landry, aside from one brain-fart, had a terrific game. Congrats to Cam, though. Hell of a Sooner.

I think the only mishap was the missed pass to Kenney near the goal line. The INT was no one's fault. Kenney (or was it Stills?) simply got held up in his route.

jumperstop
1/2/2011, 03:49 AM
This is why receivers don't win the heisman. Cam had a great game not only tonight but the last few games. It could have gone either way but it'll be good for Landry next to have the Fiesta Bowl mvp under his belt.

Sooner_Tuf
1/2/2011, 04:01 AM
Landry earned it but I would be tempted to give it to someone on the D. Maybe Fleming or Lewis.

sooner59
1/2/2011, 04:03 AM
Lewis said he was taking that trophy ball home. Someone should make a pole over whether he actually did. :pop:

cvsooner
1/2/2011, 01:53 PM
I think the only mishap was the missed pass to Kenney near the goal line. The INT was no one's fault. Kenney (or was it Stills?) simply got held up in his route.

Stills.

Okie35
1/2/2011, 01:54 PM
Co-MVPs ... While Landry was throwing to Cam it was Cam that had to put moves on the DBs. He ran a couple of double moves for deep balls and he shook them on some slants. It kind of hard to do all that when the Uconn corners were jamming him at the line a few times.

cvsooner
1/2/2011, 01:54 PM
You could also argue for Broyles, maybe more convincingly.

I have no problem with Jones getting it...but would like to have seen it go to a senior (Kenney) or probably-played-his-last-game Broyles.

swardboy
1/2/2011, 01:57 PM
SoonerFans.com....Obviously Josh has been listening to our rants on playcalling

Okie35
1/2/2011, 01:57 PM

I have no problem with Jones getting it...but would like to have seen it go to a senior (Kenney) or probably-played-his-last-game Broyles.

True. I'd give it to Cam over Broyles though Cam was on the whole night while Broyles turned on later in the game.

StoopTroup
1/2/2011, 02:04 PM
Landry hands down. The numbers he amassed this year are Bradford numbers. Thanks to Cam he was able to acheive greatness. It's tough that Cam didn't get a Co-MVP I guess because as a Senior he'll not ever get one. For a Juco Tranfer to acheive what he did was due to his hard work...but our Freshman turned Sophmore QB Landry has improved so much and is totally deserving of the Award. It would be a punch in the face if he wasn't our MVP.

The Stache is teh bomb and Kenney really made the most out of his realationship with Landry. He's going to get a decent Draft because of Landry's Throws.

We saw some great football from both these guys.

MsProudSooner2
1/2/2011, 02:30 PM
Most of the time, the voters on MVP simply look at stats, so I understand why LJ got it. But if Cameron Kinney hadn't stepped up the last 3 games of the year, we wouldn't have been in a BCS game at all. He's my MVP.

StoopTroup
1/2/2011, 02:30 PM
You just can't overlook stuff like this.....

Sooners quarterback Landry Jones finished with a school bowl-record 426 yards passing, going 33 for 48 with three touchdowns and one interception, and was named the game's offensive MVP

68%....

That run of completions at the beginning of the game really was something.....

Leroy Lizard
1/2/2011, 02:31 PM

It works out better for it to be Landry, since it boosts the confidence of a player coming back next year.

Leroy Lizard
1/2/2011, 02:32 PM
SoonerFans.com....Obviously Josh has been listening to our rants on playcalling

:confused: