PDA

View Full Version : Where's Trey Millard?

brown town sooner
1/1/2011, 11:42 PM
Did I miss something? Where's Millard?

Memtig14
1/1/2011, 11:44 PM
Good question

Memtig14
1/2/2011, 12:05 AM
He is there.

Okie35
1/2/2011, 12:09 AM
Out there showing his mad blocking skills. We were pretty vanilla today. I think we wanted to stick to the basics and not try to do too much.

SoonerReverend
1/2/2011, 12:13 AM
Vanilla except the fake punt

CU Sooner
1/2/2011, 12:53 AM
I kept asking the same question all night. One reason, we kept running out of the pistol. I hate that, have we ever had a big rush out of that formation. Not enough snaps under center. I hope this isn't a sign of the future with no fb. I liked the passing game being more vertical but there were several times they should have checked out of the pistol run and to the quick bubble screen. Hard to be upset with 500+ yds though, i can live with it.

cleller
1/2/2011, 08:24 AM
Dave Sittler's column in the Tulsa World mentioned that Millard might have been a little sick or hurt, but also Josh had gone with 5 receivers alot. Suggested this was similar to the Leach wide open scheme, and not consistent with Stoops emphasis on a balanced attack. Something to debate in the off season.

I thought Millard being out seemed to change the flow of the game some. Something was just a little different. Still hoping he keeps improving as a receiver, and we continue to see him get a few rushes.

lexred
1/2/2011, 08:54 AM
I kept asking the same question. Overall I was pleased with Josh' play calling and it is hard to be too critical with a good win. All that said, I have been impressed with Millard and think he adds a lot blocking, receiving and occasionally running the ball. Our run game still needs a lot of work and Millard is a tough kid. I just kept thinking that UConn really sucked on D, even though that was supposedly their strong point.

SunnySooner
1/2/2011, 09:15 AM
Maybe he was sick--I read somewhere UCONN had the stomach flu earlier in the week, that stuff is easier to catch than the clap on spring break, so it's very possible he was under the weather.

Wasn't Broyles hurling on the sidelines between series? Sounds like he had it too--which makes his performance last night even more amazing. I just want to crawl into a hole and die when I have that junk, can't imagine playing a freakin' football game. That bug usually involves a bowl, alright, but not a BCS one.:eek: :eek: :eek:

swardboy
1/2/2011, 09:24 AM
I have seen so many great performances by "sick" athletes. Something kicks in, adrenalin I guess, that overcompensates for their weakness at the moment. It's an amazing thing to see.