PDA

View Full Version : I understand the refs dont want to **** us off...

OU_Sooners75
1/1/2011, 11:10 PM
but jesus christ...at least they could do is call the game correctly...

numerous holds not being called...
2 step outs not reviewed or called...
and one pi not called!

not asking for favoritism, but am asking for some competency!

And these refs are keeping this game close thanks to there incompetence....almost like they bet against the spread or something.

OU_Sooners75
1/1/2011, 11:12 PM
There is another pi!

OU_Sooners75
1/1/2011, 11:14 PM
and since im on a bitch fest....

why arent we running the offense that got us here?

salth2o
1/1/2011, 11:15 PM
They are Pac 10 refs. They succ.

OU_Sooners75
1/1/2011, 11:17 PM
JESUS CHRIST!!!!

YOU CANNOT TELL ME NO REF DOESNT SEE THE HOLDS ON THE ENDS!!!!

soonerinabilene
1/1/2011, 11:24 PM

you serious, clark?

OU_Sooners75
1/1/2011, 11:42 PM
Our tight end was wearing a Uconn player before the ball got to him....yet no call!

"HEY UCONN YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU PLEASE WE WONT REVIEW PLAYS OR THROW FLAGS!!!!"
-Signed: PAC-10 REFS

OU_Sooners75
1/1/2011, 11:48 PM
you serious, clark?

Yes im serious...before the 4th qtr, how many catches did our #2 receiver (Murray) have this game? how many times have we thrown to him?

Howw many plays has Millard play so far?

Where is that diamond formation that has worked so well?

You cant say that offense left with KW because he is in the press box with Heupel.

Dont get me wrong, I like the mix up of plays, but it seems we are running a new offense entirely.

Okie35
1/1/2011, 11:55 PM
To be fair on that PI call Q Carter got away w/ a PI too.

brown town sooner
1/1/2011, 11:56 PM
Where is Millard? Has he played at all tonight?

Okie35
1/1/2011, 11:56 PM
Yes im serious...before the 4th qtr, how many catches did our #2 receiver (Murray) have this game? how many times have we thrown to him?

Howw many plays has Millard play so far?

Where is that diamond formation that has worked so well?

You cant say that offense left with KW because he is in the press box with Heupel.

Dont get me wrong, I like the mix up of plays, but it seems we are running a new offense entirely.

True but I think against Uconn JH realized we really didn't need to do all that. I for one hate that play action to Millard it usually gets intercepted.

OU_Sooners75
1/2/2011, 12:15 AM

At the time, that was one 9f the PIs i was talking bout.

ocsooner
1/2/2011, 12:53 AM
Some of the missing plays were because Finch was on the sidelines. He allowed Murray to go out in the slot, and the Diamond formation worked because we had him to fill one of the spots.

I think Josh called the game that fit the personel, and IMHO he did a great job.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2011, 01:02 AM
I thought the refs did a good job. Yes, the let some physical play go instead of flagging ticky-tack PI calls - but they did it consistently both ways. I only saw one close to out of bounds play that they didn't review on the Uconn
receiver. But unless they had a different angle they didn't show, there was no way that would have been reversed and it would have just slowed the game down. My only gripe is them calling Beal offside with 40 seconds left in the game to give us our only penalty. I mean just because he was clearly offsides, WTF? Dang pac10 refs.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2011, 01:07 AM
I thought the refs did a good job. Yes, the let some physical play go instead of flagging ticky-tack PI calls - but they did it consistently both ways. I only saw one close to out of bounds play that they didn't review on the Uconn
receiver. But unless they had a different angle they didn't show, there was no way that would have been reversed and it would have just slowed the game down. My only gripe is them calling Beal offside with 40 seconds left in the game to give us our only penalty. I mean just because he was clearly offsides, WTF? Dang pac10 refs.

OU_Sooners75
1/2/2011, 01:07 AM
I think Heupel called a damn good game too, but at times it felt like we were playing out of our comfort zone and it showed.

hawaii 5-0
1/2/2011, 01:15 AM
There were a lot of non calls that could have good for or against us.

Overall, I'm been way impressed with the lack of procedure penalties and motion penalties called on us this season. They used to be real drive killers. God, when Loadholt played you just knew he was good for jumping at least once per game. With the fast break offense, it's great to see it run so efficiently at times.

5-0

OUthunder
1/2/2011, 01:32 AM

Definitely, happened right n front of me. They misses two obvious off sides on UCONN.

Leroy Lizard
1/2/2011, 02:03 AM
I prefer it when the refs keep the flags in their pockets for the most part. I have no complaints.

And UConn fans are probably griping too. It all evens out.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2011, 02:07 AM
I prefer it when the refs keep the flags in their pockets for the most part. I have no complaints.

And UConn fans are probably griping too. It all evens out.

I prefer the "let 'em play" approach too, but it has to be consistent and it certainly was in this game. I saw a few holds by us that were not called and some physical pass coverage by our guys that is often flagged.

btb916
1/2/2011, 02:34 AM
I didn't have any complaints about the officiating. Thought it was spot-on. Never gonna be perfect.

Seamus
1/2/2011, 02:40 AM

Yeah, 524 yards succs.

85sooners
1/2/2011, 02:43 AM
:pop:
Yeah, 524 yards succs.

cleller
1/2/2011, 08:14 AM
I prefer the "let 'em play" approach too, but it has to be consistent and it certainly was in this game. I saw a few holds by us that were not called and some physical pass coverage by our guys that is often flagged.

I liked the way the game was called, too. Even the announcers were commenting on the "let em play" attitude. Toward the end, a false start was called on U-Conn, and I realized how few flags had been out. It was wonderful.

Both teams were covering guys up, playing all out. Nice change.

Shakadoodoo
1/2/2011, 08:38 AM
As fas as the pi calls - If the ref does not see it then it is not illegal. Jordan showed the world that when the beat the Utah Jazz in the championship. It may sound shi** but we were even taught that growing up as an athlete. Can you imagine all the illegal stuff going on in one of those fumble dog piles?

stoopified
1/2/2011, 10:55 AM
The refs let a lot of calls go without a whistle BUT at least they did it consistently for both teams. OUr DEs have been held all year with nary a holding call,so having no holds called on us was a welcome reief.I had reached the conclusion that the Big 12 had declared holding legal for all but OU linemen.

delhalew
1/2/2011, 11:00 AM
I had more of a problem with giving there a guy a first down even though he was CLEARLY out of bounds 5 yards back. They never even looked at it.

oumartin
1/2/2011, 11:20 AM
I had more of a problem with giving there a guy a first down even though he was CLEARLY out of bounds 5 yards back. They never even looked at it.

yes, but the next play Flemming took back to the house.

jumperstop
1/2/2011, 11:46 AM
yes, but the next play Flemming took back to the house.

That's the only reason my anger subsided so quickly about that. I was so pissed that they didn't even look at it before the interception.

GDC
1/2/2011, 02:02 PM
I thought the refs did a good job of letting them play, and being well-positioned and working together to get the calls correct.