PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weis? Really??

mgsooner
1/1/2011, 04:33 PM
Is it just me or would that be an odd hire for Florida's OC? How many NFL coordinators leave to take the same position in college? If you're Muschamp, why do you even want him after his "decided schematic advantage" was a colossal flop in South Bend? How many Florida fans are really excited about this potential hire?

OUinFLA
1/1/2011, 04:40 PM
as an OC he is great
as a HC he is spread too thin (no pun intended)
he will be a great recruiter for fla.
having years of NFL expeience, the players will listen to him

most of my fla buds were stunned, but then realized there are lots of advantages for them.

I think it will be an interesting thing to watch if WM can actually be the "head" guy with CW aboard.

soonerinabilene
1/1/2011, 05:42 PM
with the talent florida can get compared to what notre dame has been able to the last decade and a half, yeah i think he will suceed down there. i just dont understand him wanting to go from the nfl to college as an OC. maybe he just really like the college game.

sperry
1/1/2011, 05:49 PM
Notre Dame's offense was fine under Weis. It was the defense that was always a joke. It would be a very good hire for Florida, but I'm not sure Weis would take it.

Soonerjeepman
1/1/2011, 05:53 PM
word in KC is he and Haley did not get along at all...not sure if that was due to CW wanting to be HC or just a disagreement of style..

bluedogok
1/1/2011, 08:00 PM
word in KC is he and Haley did not get along at all...not sure if that was due to CW wanting to be HC or just a disagreement of style..
That's not a shock, does anyone get along with Haley? He seems like a tempermental sort.

The Weis and Crennel hires were all Scott Pioli's doing after the abysmal season they had in Haley's first year.