PDA

View Full Version : Do you think 10 years from now...

Therealsouthsider
1/1/2011, 04:06 PM
...that the media will still be talking about how long UCONN has been playing division 1 football or is it just because they're facing Oklahoma? Just wondering

OUinFLA
1/1/2011, 04:09 PM
how much else can you discuss about uconn?

jumperstop
1/1/2011, 04:10 PM
how much else can you discuss about uconn?

Women's basketball?

ouwasp
1/1/2011, 04:14 PM
Just because they're facing OU... now in the improbable instance that UConn is playing for the MNC someday, then ESPN will spout the short history..,

But tonight it's all about attracting viewers by using the David & Goliath angle.

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2011, 04:54 PM
I think we're getting a tad bit oversensitive.

StoopTroup
1/1/2011, 04:59 PM
Just because they're facing OU... now in the improbable instance that UConn is playing for the MNC someday, then ESPN will spout the short history..,

But tonight it's all about attracting viewers by using the David & Goliath angle.

You can start getting a sense of the National Media's interest in this game is really just to see if UConn can make a game of it and possibly beat us. It's a tough spot to be but what most folks don't understand is that most of us would be back there next year even if we were to lose tonight. All the Big Game Bob BS is designed to make OU fans Crimson Blood Boil. My guess is that this ends tonight and there might be your occasional "I see Bob finally won a Game" comment....but that should be well handled with a quick throat punch.

Therealsouthsider
1/1/2011, 05:05 PM
You can start getting a sense of the National Media's interest in this game is really just to see if UConn can make a game of it and possibly beat us. It's a tough spot to be but what most folks don't understand is that most of us would be back there next year even if we were to lose tonight. All the Big Game Bob BS is designed to make OU fans Crimson Blood Boil. My guess is that this ends tonight and there might be your occasional "I see Bob finally won a Game" comment....but that should be well handled with a quick throat punch.

...I love the throat punch, it isn't employed nearly as often as it should (e.g. I want to 'throat punch' Craig James)

Flying Scotsman
1/1/2011, 07:03 PM
Who is "Jenny Craig James"?.....Sorry....Who cares about Craig James?

pappy
1/1/2011, 07:20 PM
I don't think they're making a big deal about how short their football history is b/c they're play OU necessarily...I think its more b/c they haven't been a major div 1 football program for very long and are playing in their 1st bcs bowl game.

pappy
1/1/2011, 07:21 PM
I think we're getting a tad bit oversensitive.

this.

StoopTroup
1/1/2011, 07:23 PM
Can you really say "We're getting a Tad oversensitive" if you aren't one of us?

Discuss (4-5 pages minimum please)

FtwTxSooner
1/1/2011, 07:30 PM
UCONN started playing FCS football long after I stopped giving a damn what the media says about the program. They can go ahead and run the Boise highlights every 10 minutes, and keep an 0-5 in the last 5 BCS games stat fixed on the screen the for t he entire game.

I don't give damn anymore. I've stopped allowing what the media says affect on how I feel about the current state of OU football.

Crimson Kid
1/1/2011, 08:22 PM

Last 2 FB they did the same thing. sick of it.