PDA

View Full Version : 25 Years Ago Tonight...

ouwasp
1/1/2011, 03:42 PM
I was in the Orange Bowl watching The King's Booming Sooners knock the he** outta Joe Pa's yankee team for the MNC. Whooping it up after Carr broke their backs late in the game = :D ...

Althought it's not for the mnc, let's hope another yankee team's beatdown provides quality entertainment for the Sooner Nation tonight. :)

p.s.- who woulda thunk Joe would still be on the sidelines all these years later? Or even above ground? Good to see ya in action today...

bringit
1/1/2011, 03:49 PM
I remember that game well. Keith Jackson's heroics and Lydell tearing it up. Good times.

cleller
1/1/2011, 04:16 PM
It was fun back when the stars had to align occasionally.

SoonerLB
1/1/2011, 04:26 PM
Yessir, fond memories! Hope another fond memory is made tonight! :)

Sabanball
1/1/2011, 04:28 PM
I remember it well. You guys were the only team to ever beat nittany lion qb John Schaeffer...including in HS.

SOFSooner
1/1/2011, 04:46 PM
Watching the 85 Orange Bowl on DVD right now, nothing I want to watch on AFN right now. I think I will follow it up with the 2000 Orange Bowl, that should send all the good vibes to the guys for the Fiesta Bowl.

Judge Smails
1/1/2011, 04:48 PM
Damn, that was 25 years ago? Feels like yesterday. I feel old. :(

FirstandGoal
1/1/2011, 04:50 PM
.... I was a senior in high school and looking forward to being a Sooner while enjoying watching us win our 6th NC. Didn't realize at the time that my college years would coincide with the Gibbs era, but it could have been worse. My little bro went there in the mid 90's. :(

ouwasp
1/1/2011, 05:15 PM
I remember it well. You guys were the only team to ever beat nittany lion qb John Schaeffer...including in HS.

heh... the next day we were visiting with some psu guys we'd made friends with... they had renamed their qb as John "Shi**y" ...they were also acting pumped about holding Holieway to a low rushing total, and making fun of a photo of Boz in the Miami paper...

We just chuckled along with 'em and wished them good luck next yr... and didn't realize how much we meant it either, as it took Penn St to knock off the hated Thug U...

PLaw
1/1/2011, 06:10 PM
Time flies . . . great memories.

But, it's time for another NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

BOOMER

Piware
1/1/2011, 06:41 PM
It was a great game. Hoping for OU to annihilate the yankees tonight!