PDA

View Full Version : Met some uconn fans...

Soonerus
1/1/2011, 03:50 AM
They suck....

jumperstop
1/1/2011, 04:02 AM
Walked around Tempe all day, only saw two.

SoonerBread
1/1/2011, 04:08 AM
They suck....

SoonerKnight
1/1/2011, 04:15 AM
please explain Rus!?!?!?!?!

cleller
1/1/2011, 08:37 AM
Can we paak arr kaa heyah?

1890MilesToNorman
1/1/2011, 08:59 AM
Another damn Yankee bashing thread I see? :D

85sooners
1/1/2011, 10:04 AM
They are scarce

texas bandman
1/1/2011, 10:07 AM
Yankee bashing is perfectly acceptable...I bet they think we only wear shoes and shirts on special occasions. :D

1890MilesToNorman
1/1/2011, 10:11 AM
Yankee bashing is perfectly acceptable...I bet they think we only wear shoes and shirts on special occasions. :D

They would too except for the snow and cold. :P

We have a new neighbor from Kalifonicatya and this is his first winter in Maine, he looked like a deer in the headlights during our blizzard the other day. Called looking for a snow blower and I said go buy a few shovels rookie. :D

MO_Sooner
1/1/2011, 10:36 AM
What's the outlook on Sooner fans out there? Does it look like there are a lot? Hope we have a good crowd. Haven't heard any updates on the number of tickets OU has sold lately.

Widescreen
1/1/2011, 10:42 AM
UConn has football fans?

olevetonahill
1/1/2011, 11:30 AM

Hell I only wear clothes when I have to go to town :D

OU_Sooners75
1/1/2011, 11:52 AM
What's the outlook on Sooner fans out there? Does it look like there are a lot? Hope we have a good crowd. Haven't heard any updates on the number of tickets OU has sold lately.

I bet it is close to being a sell out. The ticket sells you hear about are calculated from what what tickets are sold through the schools. Which btw are generally 20% higher than ticket sources like stubhub or ticketcity.

Also if you are in Tempe, then you are in the wrong part of the valley. The game is in Glendale now.

TMcGee86
1/1/2011, 12:13 PM
They suck....

both of them?

prrriiide
1/1/2011, 12:22 PM
I live in east Tennessee, and I can tell you this: there are just as many yankee rednecks as there are southern, but the yankee ones are more extreme.

StoopTroup
1/1/2011, 12:47 PM
Yankee Rednecks make the really good Nazi Meth.

SoonerMom2
1/1/2011, 01:06 PM
Met some CT fans yesterday when we were over in Scottsdale and they were stuckup! Not impressed. Soonerfans are all over our hotel in Glendale along I-10 and over at Westgate area north of the stadium yesterday afternoon, we saw a few CT fans and a lot of Soonerfans. In fact at our hotel, an older couple said all they are seeing are Soonerfans. We noticed a huge increase here yesterday. We came in a day early because of the snow in Flagstaff which we got through right before they closed the roads.

Cold in Phoenix although nicer today as the wind is not close to as biting as it was yesterday. Game is inside the dome so it will be nice. Tailgate for Fiesta Bowl will be cold the way it looks unless we get a warm-up.

Locals we have met in this area are all supporting the Sooners! We are going to win this one!

Boomer Sooner!

StoopTroup
1/1/2011, 01:15 PM
Awesome....early reports were that the Sooner Nation wouldn't show up because they were tired of losing in the Fiesta. I knew that was some BS as soon as I heard it but it's cool to hear you all support that it was BS prior to the Game beginning. This should be a Home Game for us sOUnds like.

Have fun ! ! !

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

FirstandGoal
1/1/2011, 01:20 PM

Well in all fairness, Vet doesn't even wear pants when he posts.

Soonerfan88
1/1/2011, 01:31 PM
Had several on my flight yesterday (8-12 wearing gear) and they were either nice/polite or didn't say anything at all.

jumperstop
1/1/2011, 01:35 PM
I bet it is close to being a sell out. The ticket sells you hear about are calculated from what what tickets are sold through the schools. Which btw are generally 20% higher than ticket sources like stubhub or ticketcity.

Also if you are in Tempe, then you are in the wrong part of the valley. The game is in Glendale now.

Stayed in Glendale two times ago, not much to do out there. Tempe is really nice, especially around the campus. Just cause the game is in Glendale doesn't mean you have to stay there... :confused:

mightysooner
1/1/2011, 02:14 PM
Ran into one about an hour ago and he walked up and wished me a good game. Seemed like an alright guy....

StoopTroup
1/1/2011, 02:16 PM
Ran into one about an hour ago and he walked up and wished me a good game. Seemed like an alright guy....

Shoulda gone with ****OFF DIP****!

;)

mightysooner
1/1/2011, 02:19 PM
Shoulda gone with ****OFF DIP****!

;)

I considered it but there were kids around and jesus was listening.

SoonerLB
1/1/2011, 02:46 PM
Had several on my flight yesterday (8-12 wearing gear) and they were either nice/polite or didn't say anything at all.

They's prolly skeered since they rarely venture into the hinterlands. :D

SPuL
1/1/2011, 04:38 PM
Can we paak arr kaa heyah?

Dude, that's Massachusetts. Boston to be more exact. Not Connecticut.

Trust me, I've lived in both places.

Therealsouthsider
1/1/2011, 04:53 PM
They suck....

.... You'll have to forgive them, they haven't been D1 fans for very long

Judge Smails
1/1/2011, 04:56 PM
I accidently kicked my date (girl from Conn) in the face with a boot on our first and only date. :O

StoopTroup
1/1/2011, 05:01 PM
I accidently kicked my date (girl from Conn) in the face with a boot on our first and only date. :O

Guess you knocked enough ugly off her that she got popular after that. It's nice of you to be of such help IMO.