PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta Pre-Game Film Study

PLaw
12/31/2010, 07:15 PM
In the past, Stoops has shown game from historical OU victories.

Man, I think the game of choice for tonight is the OU - Arkansas Orange Bowl from Jan 1, 1978.

Switzer and the rest of the world thought all they had to do was show up and collect another MNC. Holtz suspends several starters for the game and the Hogs run wild. Again, OU is heavily favored and the opposition has a key suspended player.

If that won't get your attention, then you are probably so high that nothing matters.

Not sure I can handle another melt down in the desert snake pit.

BOOMER

Flagstaffsooner
12/31/2010, 08:28 PM
You just had to bring that up didnt you?

cccasooner2
12/31/2010, 08:34 PM
Another Debbie Downer. :)

King Crimson
12/31/2010, 08:34 PM
Roland Sales.

that game and the 84 game against UW, pretty lousy performances from Barry's guys with a potential MNC on the line.

OUinFLA
12/31/2010, 08:36 PM
you are probably so high that nothing matters.

one can only wish

StoopTroup
12/31/2010, 08:39 PM
I've still got a bunch of those 7-up pop bottles from that era. I think two of them are unopened. I've thought about shooting them a few times for target practice but since we live so close to Arkie...I figured someone might give me a buck or two for them someday....

BajaOklahoma
12/31/2010, 09:32 PM
I hated that game - it was the last OU bowl game we've attended. We are willing to jinx other teams, not ours.

There was also the matter of having the wrong cleats for field conditions. Now we bring everything, including the kitchen sink.