PDA

View Full Version : Look at this amazing info about Bradford

Collier11
12/30/2010, 10:14 PM
Bradford has 18 touchdowns, with 14 interceptions, but he's thrown a whopping 554 passes, an interception ratio of just 2.52. For comparison sake, Peyton Manning threw 28 picks in 575 attempts as a rookie in 1998, a 4.86 interception ratio. Bradford is so good at taking care of the football that in one six-game stretch this season he threw just one interception, to go with 11 touchdowns. Add it all up, and Bradford is a no-brainer as the league's best offensive rookie.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/12/30/2010-nfl-awards/index.html#ixzz19ehISxXE

BigJerm7
12/30/2010, 10:15 PM
John Gruden and Trent Dilfer = excellent evaluators of talent.

Soonermagik
12/30/2010, 10:16 PM
Good find. He's the best rookie QB to come into the league in a long time. The Rams only won one game last season. People griped and complained how much he was paid, but he's earning his money.

Soonermagik
12/30/2010, 10:17 PM
John Gruden and Trent Dilfer = excellent evaluators of talent.

I'm a huge bucs fan. Gruden was a moron on evaluating talent. This is the guy who drafted Michael Clayton from LSU... can you say bust?

CrimsonRez
12/30/2010, 10:19 PM
Dude is a beast, IMO he has a chance to be very Brady like. He's done a lot with a little. You can not deny he is the reason the Ram's are in the playoff hunt.

SoonerBread
12/30/2010, 10:20 PM
Sam Bradford will never be as good as Tebow. Or McCoy. Or Clausen. Or XXXX.

SunnySooner
12/31/2010, 08:26 AM
The media may be surprised, but we ain't. We all knew he was special, not just a gifted athlete, but a big brain, a cool hand, and leadership skills to go with it. You don't see too many of those guys. I wish him many more years of health and success. I do hope the Rams find some better oline peeps (I've seen him take some nasty hits this year) and oh yeah, a coupla receivers would be great. Sam throws such a catcheable ball, he could turn another team's 2nd or 3rd best receiver into a pro-bowler.

stoopified
12/31/2010, 08:47 AM
Bradford has 18 touchdowns, with 14 interceptions, but he's thrown a whopping 554 passes, an interception ratio of just 2.52. For comparison sake, Peyton Manning threw 28 picks in 575 attempts as a rookie in 1998, a 4.86 interception ratio. Bradford is so good at taking care of the football that in one six-game stretch this season he threw just one interception, to go with 11 touchdowns. Add it all up, and Bradford is a no-brainer as the league's best offensive rookie.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/12/30/2010-nfl-awards/index.html#ixzz19ehISxXEYeah evidently Sam is a helluva quick learner for a PROJECT. Somehow Sam was able to learn how to read defenses,go through his reciever progressions,figure out how to take snaps from under center,develop from an immobile pocket psser to be an athletic QB who can throw darts on the run,overcome his previous inability to deal with pressure in thepocket,and oh yeah,he's learned to take a hit. Damn shame he didn't learn any of this during his career at OU,he might have led the nation in passing efficency for two years,and maybe even be All-American and a Heisman CONTENDER. Naw, that was too much to hope for. :D

SoonerLB
12/31/2010, 09:20 AM
Sam Bradford will never be as good as Tebow. Or McCoy. Or Clausen. Or XXXX.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/timmylastsupperal-1.jpg

GKeeper316
12/31/2010, 09:22 AM
he's a three star recruit. chuck long just recruited him to run the scout team. he'll never amount to much...

o wate

Okie35
12/31/2010, 09:51 AM
he's a three star recruit. chuck long just recruited him to run the scout team. he'll never amount to much...

o wate

Ppl here said that? I don't think I was a member at the time but damn it makes me refer to C&C's quote that our fans are stupid lol.

stoopified
12/31/2010, 07:23 PM
Keith Nichol saw the handwriting on the wall.

Jason
12/31/2010, 07:28 PM
Keith Nichol saw the handwriting on the wall.
The handwriting was stating Sam's record breaking stats.

meandmybutt
12/31/2010, 09:57 PM
Another interesting point about Sam's INT's.....most of them come late when they were behind or on deep 3rd down passes. And two where that ****ty TE from OSU got lazy and didn't go get the ball (let the DB come around and take it).

If you are down late in the game, you have to take chances. The deep interceptions on 3rd down are not much different than a punt on 4th down. When you factor out the those, he has done a great job of managing the game and making the right decisions.....especially for a rookie.

pappy
12/31/2010, 10:49 PM
Once he gets some better talent around him they'll be competing for nfc title's and super bowls...its a quarterback's league and if you have a good one and he is a great 1 then you can compete for super bowl titles.

Okie35
12/31/2010, 10:58 PM
Once he gets some better talent around him they'll be competing for nfc title's and super bowls...its a quarterback's league and if you have a good one and he is a great 1 then you can compete for super bowl titles.

I don't think he's NFL great yet but he definitely will be.

SoonerDan74012
1/1/2011, 12:15 AM
The media may be surprised, but we ain't. We all knew he was special, not just a gifted athlete, but a big brain, a cool hand, and leadership skills to go with it. You don't see too many of those guys. I wish him many more years of health and success. I do hope the Rams find some better oline peeps (I've seen him take some nasty hits this year) and oh yeah, a coupla receivers would be great. Sam throws such a catcheable ball, he could turn another team's 2nd or 3rd best receiver into a pro-bowler.

Well it looks as if he will have Mark to throw to if you go by these comments from the Ram's GM. This was a Ram's fan asking if they will resign Mark and this was Bill Devaney's response.

Sam, St. Louis
2:09 PM CT
I know it was a small sample size but Mark Clayton was a great pickup. It's a shame he got hurt. My question is did he show you enough to want to bring him back next season potentially?

General Manager Billy Devaney, Stlouisrams.com
For sure. Mark made a great impression on everyone here on and off the field. We'd like for him to be part of this for a long time.

85sooners
1/1/2011, 01:42 AM
:pop:

winout
1/1/2011, 02:48 AM
http://images.starpulse.com/AMGPhotos/dvd/cov150/drt700/t798/t79829uii4u.jpg

OUTrumpet
1/1/2011, 03:45 AM
Ppl here said that? I don't think I was a member at the time but damn it makes me refer to C&C's quote that our fans are stupid lol.

I'll be honest. I didn't know much at all about him and I was hoping Nichol would be named the QB.

That about sums up my evaluation of talent back then :O

Granted I'm a bit better now :)

stoopified
1/2/2011, 10:19 PM
I never understood why so many people thought we were desperate for qb talent.Sam wasn't a Top 5 qb coming out of HS but he was Top20-25 .I'm not trying to say I knew he was A-A or Heisman caliber but I did think he would be productive.