PDA

View Full Version : Right now B12 sux in the bowls

BigRed47
12/30/2010, 09:03 PM
You know, I thought the B12 would do pretty good this year in the bowls seeing the matchups. I thought Mizzou would own Iowa. Ha. I knew Baylors defense was suspect but I thought their offense would enable them to be in the game against Illinois. Wrong. And I figured KState had a good chance because Syracuse has no offense. Right. Maybe they are right at UConn, the reason the offense in the B12 look so good is because no one in the B12 plays defense. Thank God for Okie State. The B12 is 1-3 and I thought they had a great chance going 7-1. I hope that my Saturday night is not going to be nerve wracking because from what I've seen it makes me think UConn could hang with us through 4 quarters. Please tell me it's not so. I don't think I could take another BCS loss.

85sooners
12/30/2010, 09:06 PM
:eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DominoMaximo
12/30/2010, 09:11 PM
You know, I thought the B12 would do pretty good this year in the bowls seeing the matchups. I thought Mizzou would own Iowa. Ha. I knew Baylors defense was suspect but I thought their offense would enable them to be in the game against Illinois. Wrong. And I figured KState had a good chance because Syracuse has no offense. Right. Maybe they are right at UConn, the reason the offense in the B12 look so good is because no one in the B12 plays defense. Thank God for Okie State. The B12 is 1-3 and I thought they had a great chance going 7-1. I hope that my Saturday night is not going to be nerve wracking because from what I've seen it makes me think UConn could hang with us through 4 quarters. Please tell me it's not so. I don't think I could take another BCS loss.

We are doomed.:rolleyes:

Mizzou loses by 3 points.
KSU loses by 2 points and a salute.
Baylor loses because they are Baylor.

Again, too much emphasis on Bowl games. The sky is not falling! If Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State were all to lose I would be concerned.

OUinFLA
12/30/2010, 09:14 PM
sexaT will not lose their................. oh, never mind.

King Crimson
12/30/2010, 09:14 PM
Baylor was always a loser. they got some "love" and being ranked after beating Texas ESPN love affair....but they were never very good. KSU is a 6 win team that lost to Colorado.

I had Pokey State winning big. Missouri crapped me out, but trusting Pinkel is a bullet to the head.

oumartin
12/30/2010, 09:20 PM
Nebraska? aren't they in the big 10?

DominoMaximo
12/30/2010, 09:22 PM
Baylor was always a loser. they got some "love" and being ranked after beating Texas ESPN love affair....but they were never very good. KSU is a 6 win team that lost to Colorado.

I had Pokey State winning big.

I wish I would have put my predictions up here, but I expected aTm, Baylor, and KSU to lose their games.

OSU, Nebraska, Mizzou, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma to win.

SoonerShay
12/30/2010, 09:25 PM
So if North Carolina wins, is the ACC awesome?

King Crimson
12/30/2010, 09:28 PM
So if North Carolina wins, is the ACC awesome?

by SEC fan blow job standards, sure.

oudavid1
12/31/2010, 03:31 AM
I gain nothing personally by the big 12 being good, so i never really cared.

gaylordfan1
12/31/2010, 03:35 AM
Well, if you look at it from a recruiting stand point.... it does look better for all others in our conference to lose and us win. But from a conference standpoint... not so much.

Okie35
12/31/2010, 05:59 AM
Nebraska? aren't they in the big 10?

Yes, they are.

Okie35
12/31/2010, 06:00 AM
I gain nothing personally by the big 12 being good, so i never really cared.

Same way I feel about it. I don't care at all. Ppl that care usually feed into the media.

usaosooner
12/31/2010, 07:37 AM
I don't have that SEC mentality. Lets just win.. That is all that matters

pappy
12/31/2010, 07:46 AM
How everyone else does means squat when it comes to what we do. We just need to go take care of business and we'll crush uconn.

swardboy
12/31/2010, 08:09 AM
How everyone else does means squat when it comes to what we do. We just need to go take care of business and we'll crush uconn.

Hear, Hear! I want to pillage the state of Texas for great recruits.

I said "pillage".

soonerfromgeorgia
12/31/2010, 09:13 AM
I think Uconn gives OU all they can handle. Big 12 has now shown how weak the conference was this year and the Sooners and Bob have underachieved vs. lesser opponents in recent BCS games.
I hope not, but I feel like OU will come out flat/unmotivated and could possibly be embarassed again.

Eielson
12/31/2010, 09:17 AM
I think Uconn gives OU all they can handle. Big 12 has now shown how weak the conference was this year and the Sooners and Bob have underachieved vs. lesser opponents in recent BCS games.
I hope not, but I feel like OU will come out flat/unmotivated and could possibly be embarassed again.

Lesser BCS opponents? Which ones are those? Which BCS opponents were we clearly better than that we lost to?

TUSooner
12/31/2010, 09:29 AM

Sorry to say it, but these thoughts have been creeping into my brain as the bowls reveal that the Used-to-be-big 12 is full of sucktacular overrated teams who get their butts kicked against other conferences. Especially after Washington busted Nebraska's chops last night. Of course, Nebraska has no QB's worthy of playing in the FBS but still, UW bitch slapped them. We have proven too many times that on any given day a motivated team can make us look stupid. That 17-point spread is deadly once it gets inside a player's head. UConn has nothing to lose, and we have little to gain and a lot to lose. Sure, on paper, we romp, but I've never seen a paper game.

Okie35
12/31/2010, 09:46 AM
Sorry to say it, but these thoughts have been creeping into my brain as the bowls reveal that the Used-to-be-big 12 is full of sucktacular overrated teams who get their butts kicked against other conferences. Especially after Washington busted Nebraska's chops last night. Of course, Nebraska has no QB's worthy of playing in the FBS but still, UW bitch slapped them. We have proven too many times that on any given day a motivated team can make us look stupid. That 17-point spread is deadly once it gets inside a player's head. UConn has nothing to lose, and we have little to gain and a lot to lose. Sure, on paper, we romp, but I've never seen a paper game.

Washington did exactly what Nebraska is terrible at (run defense). They also came out more motivated. Chris Polk now has like 350+yards the last two games. Nebraska's gameplan was terrible. Did they even run the wildcat a lot? I missed most of the game. All I know is Nebraska was stupid to think Washington wouldn't do anything other than run the ball.

rekamrettuB
12/31/2010, 09:56 AM
Lesser BCS opponents? Which ones are those? Which BCS opponents were we clearly better than that we lost to?

Yes, yes...I too would like to know who these "lesser" opponents were. If you want to say those teams had less tradition then about 99% of the teams OU could play wold fall under this category. Thanks for buying into the media spin.

Flagstaffsooner
12/31/2010, 10:09 AM
Well, TEXASS didnt lose a bowl game this year.:texan: :P

bluedogok
12/31/2010, 10:13 AM
I'm guessing Nebraska and really Tom Osborne is not a fan of bowl game rematches.....

I wonder if the phone call looked a bit like this...
O8tcxfQ3_bs