PDA

View Full Version : Lt. Dan Band

StoopTroup
12/30/2010, 12:32 PM
...good stuff....I didn't know he was still doing this....

9C4PfkxJnyE

OULenexaman
12/30/2010, 12:45 PM
You can always catch them on weekends somewhere around Chicago....I have seen them several times down on Navy Pier...

StoopTroup
12/30/2010, 12:54 PM
Just caught him doing an interview at hte Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl. I liked him as an actor....like him even more now.

Dear friends,

To those of you who are signing on for the first time, Welcome to the Lt. Dan Band website! Here you will find historical information on the band, bios and photos and current updates about our recent and future activities. Enjoy. And to those of you who have been on the site before and who are on our mailing list, I want to personally thank you for all the support over these past years.

In 2003, I could never have predicted that this band would have traveled the world and performed for so many great people. Our performances for our service members on military bases around the globe have meant so much and each time we play a concert that is open to the public I am amazed at the outpouring of love and kindness. It has been a real treat to play with these fine musicians year after year and it looks like this year is shaping up to be just as fulfilling and fun as these past years have been. We have military shows scheduled for Hawaii, Arizona, Nevada, California, Missouri, Kansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia and once again we will travel to Europe for some summer shows there.

I want to let you know that even though we do get and read all the guestbook comments, due to the great number of entries we receive we cannot respond individually. Please know that we are grateful and that these comments mean a lot. It gives us a sense that people are aware of what we have been up to and that is always a great incentive to keep going.

Personally, I have made it a particular mission to do what I can to draw attention to our military service members, their families and our veterans and to make sure they know they are remembered and appreciated. Whether through performing with the band, supporting a military charity or visiting the war zones and hospitals to shake some hands and take some pictures, all of it helps them know that there are people out there who are aware of their sacrifices and understand the importance of keeping our military families strong in difficult times. It is important to remember that these defenders are volunteers. There is no draft. Military service is something that we all have a choice to do or not to do. And I am grateful that there are Americans that have made the choice to serve. Especially in such dangerous and uncertain times. What would we do if no one wanted to defend this great country?

So, if you see someone in uniform, just know that taking the time to thank them will mean a lot. They don’t ask much at all. They are just doing what they signed up to do. But that little gesture of gratitude from a stranger will make their day.

Once again, thanks to all of you for your support of the Lt. Dan Band. I encourage you to check out the calendar on the website to see if we will be playing near you in the coming year. If so, I hope you will come out and see us.

Have a great 2010.

Your pal,

Gary Sinise

http://www.ltdanband.com/ltdb_pages/message_from_gary.html