PDA

View Full Version : Possible new wrinkle from UCONN

gaylordfan1
12/30/2010, 10:50 AM
So, I got to thinking the other night.... This may have been mentioned before, I haven't been able to read all the threads and pages discussing UCCON because of work. What are the chances we see plenty of wild-cat? We all know they are going to add something.... I just cant see them relying on their run game and nothing else.... unless it works :mad: . Seeing that Neb had success with this formation, I can see this coming. I don't know if Todman can run it as successful as Burkhead, or if he can even pass. What do you guys think?

AlboSooner
12/30/2010, 10:53 AM
then we win by only 15 points. I don't care what formation they use; OU has no business losing to that team.

rekamrettuB
12/30/2010, 10:54 AM
Be ready for any and everything. A 17 point underdog w/ nothing to lose and everything to gain will be putting in some major stuff and keep their fingers crossed that OU turns the ball over. If OU doesn't turn the ball over they won't have enough wrinkles to keep up.

Jello Biafra
12/30/2010, 11:00 AM
Be ready for any and everything. A 17 point underdog w/ nothing to lose and everything to gain will be putting in some major stuff and keep their fingers crossed that OU turns the ball over. If OU doesn't turn the ball over they won't have enough wrinkles to keep up.

i suspect we may see the A11 formation and we still win by 14...

85sooners
12/30/2010, 11:36 AM
Ou hangs 50 mark it down

BoulderSooner79
12/30/2010, 12:17 PM
I don't expect them to stray from their bread and butter run game too much; I'm sure they will have a few wrinkles. I expect they will have more success running and moving the chains than most folks here think. But it shouldn't be enough to hang with us even on their best day (unless it's OUr worst day).

Sooner_Tuf
12/30/2010, 02:14 PM
They won eight games with an offense they have practiced for years. They may have a new play or two but they are not going institute a new offense in a month.

I would expect more new looks on the other side of the ball than on their Offense. I suspect Venables will show some new looks on D as well since they don't have any real passing game.

Jello Biafra
12/30/2010, 02:16 PM
I don't expect them to stray from their bread and butter run game too much; I'm sure they will have a few wrinkles. I expect they will have more success running and moving the chains than most folks here think. But it shouldn't be enough to hang with us even on their best day (unless it's OUr worst day).

agreed.... if thier defensive backfield is as bad as they look, they could run to the tune of 250 yards and still lose the game by 21....

Cornfed
12/30/2010, 02:17 PM
I think they will line up and run it off tackle about 60 times.
They have no reason to think they will not be able to run the ball on us.

Jacie
12/30/2010, 02:44 PM
So we do or do not expect to see a flea-flicker or statue-of-liberty kind of play, not to mention (assuming they score) an onside kick?

Cornfed
12/30/2010, 02:53 PM
So we do or do not expect to see a flea-flicker or statue-of-liberty kind of play, not to mention (assuming they score) an onside kick?

After we get a head a bit I think they will begin getting desperate.

usaosooner
12/30/2010, 02:58 PM
They are going to throw the kitchen sink at us

BoomerJack
12/30/2010, 03:10 PM
They'll run it to the left, then run it to the right. Then run it up the middle and fight, fight, fight.

Okie35
12/30/2010, 03:23 PM
They are going to throw the kitchen sink at us

Pretty much and right from the beginning too. I'm sure they would love to get ahead.

Jello Biafra
12/30/2010, 03:23 PM
is it wrong that everytime i scan the thread title i keep reading penis wrinkle blah blah UConn?

gaylordfan1
12/30/2010, 08:15 PM
is it wrong that everytime i scan the thread title i keep reading penis wrinkle blah blah UConn?

There might be something wrong if you see the word penis in everything you read....:D