PDA

View Full Version : We cut our own Christmas tree this year

MamaMia
12/30/2010, 03:37 AM
We had so much fun! :D

My Virginia Pine tree is still so fresh and its been 10 days. Its a very beautiful tree. We also saturated it with water in the back yard for 2 days. I don't know if that helped with keeping it fresh, but I thought it would at least make it clean. I also sprayed it with Wilt Proof. I had never been to a tree farm or cut my own tree before. Have any of you? If so, where do you go?

Leroy Lizard
12/30/2010, 05:17 AM
Uhhh, Christmas was like five days ago.

So you had no need for artificial sap or plastic popcorn? How about fiberglass candy cane?

WA. Sooner
12/30/2010, 06:06 AM
Here in Washington $10.00 will get you a permit to cut one down in the Forrest.
Every Friday after Thanksgiving my son and me go cut one down.

TUSooner
12/30/2010, 08:41 AM
Uhhh, Christmas was like five days ago.

So you had no need for artificial sap or plastic popcorn? How about fiberglass candy cane?

That was mean.

OUmillenium
12/30/2010, 09:40 AM
Where you gonna put a tree that size Griswold?

oumartin
12/30/2010, 09:49 AM

his respons is my favorite thing to give when asked questions.

rekamrettuB
12/30/2010, 10:26 AM

Bend over and I'll show ya.

I wasn't talking to you.

AlboSooner
12/30/2010, 11:19 AM
I don't cut trees just to put ornaments on it. If I want to keep a tree fresh I leave it rooted to the ground.

StoopTroup
12/30/2010, 01:11 PM
Okie Bug here in Tulsa used to accept Old Christmas Trees that they would take out to the lakes so that the fish would have more places for spawning etc....If you look around....there is always someone who can put something to good use....

When we used to do real trees...I'd haul it over there.

Johnson Park used to do a huge burning of the trees. I don't know if they still do that anymore...

jumperstop
12/30/2010, 01:18 PM
Okie Bug here in Tulsa used to accept Old Christmas Trees that they would take out to the lakes so that the fish would have more places for spawning etc....If you look around....there is always someone who can put something to good use....

When we used to do real trees...I'd haul it over there.

Johnson Park used to do a huge burning of the trees. I don't know if they still do that anymore...

They say the same thing when they sink ships in the ocean. It's just a way to make you feel like you're not littering. :D

StoopTroup
12/30/2010, 01:27 PM
I think the amount of plastic out in the ocean trumps Christmas Trees and Ships

stoops the eternal pimp
12/30/2010, 01:44 PM
i just pooped a christmas tree with yellow ornaments

Leroy Lizard
12/30/2010, 02:02 PM
That was mean.

You obviously don't watch Green Acres. One of the funniest episodes was Oliver wanting to chop down his own Christmas tree for the rustic feel of it, only to find that the local custom is to buy plastic trees that ooze artificial sap.

olevetonahill
12/30/2010, 02:03 PM
I aint had a Tree up or any other Christmas decorations in years
Dont really GAS either

stoops the eternal pimp
12/30/2010, 02:24 PM
BOO!

olevetonahill
12/30/2010, 02:40 PM
BOO!

:P :D

soonersweetie
12/30/2010, 10:35 PM
Careful Olevet, I swear I was Ms. Claus in a former life, lol. Christmas is a good thing. Don't go hating on Christmas and decorations and Jesus birth and Santa and all.

"Christmas is not just a day, it's a frame of mind"

I love real trees and decorating and dressing up the house.

olevetonahill
12/30/2010, 11:51 PM
Careful Olevet, I swear I was Ms. Claus in a former life, lol. Christmas is a good thing. Don't go hating on Christmas and decorations and Jesus birth and Santa and all.

"Christmas is not just a day, it's a frame of mind"

I love real trees and decorating and dressing up the house.

I aint hating at all
I live alone in the ****in woods, why cut a tree and drag it in the house just to drag it back out . Plus who in hell gonna see any of it?

AlboSooner
12/31/2010, 01:19 AM
Here's a fresh tree on Imhoff
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/albosooner/tree.png

Flagstaffsooner
12/31/2010, 09:58 AM
My tree is in my front yard. It is covered with snow and gives birds a place to live in the summer. If I had a tree in the house the katz would have it down in 5 minutes.

soonersweetie
12/31/2010, 04:17 PM
I aint hating at all
I live alone in the ****in woods, why cut a tree and drag it in the house just to drag it back out . Plus who in hell gonna see any of it?

LOL, I understand your point. But I still would want a tree indoors. I bet it is gorgeous out there when it snows.

thesnowbishop
12/31/2010, 04:41 PM
I think I still have residual welts from assisting my grandfather in cutting his annual red cedar. The most memorable fresh cut tree for me came a few years ago (my grandfather's next to last) when he couldn't see; his best friend couldn't hear. The duo managed to cut off the top 1/4 of the tree instead of the bottom 1/4 when it came trimming time. I managed to salvage the top for the most part, but the family did wonder about the brown tinted top just after Christmas. I also unplugged the uppermost tier of lights for good measure.