PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Oklahoma Lite

BigRed47
12/30/2010, 12:57 AM
Congrats to the Cowboys for winning 11 games for the first time in their history. A really great season when just 4 months ago everyone thought that 7 wins was the best they could hope for. Tulsa has won, OSU has won. Now it is OU's turn to win and make it 3-0 for the state of Oklahoma in the bowls.

OU yes, now MG has a win over a Stoops.

CowboyMRW
12/30/2010, 12:58 AM
Thanks man :)

Aldebaran
12/30/2010, 01:41 AM
OSU fans will fantasize over "Could have beens" with regards to this season.

AlboSooner
12/30/2010, 01:42 AM
They are Alamo Bowl World Champs.

Get your t-shirts now!!!

Frozen Sooner
12/30/2010, 01:43 AM
Oklahoma State invented the Alamo Bowl. Every other team that ever plays in the Alamo Bowl from here on out is just copying them.

SoonerLB
12/30/2010, 01:44 AM
The Big 12 needed a mark in the win column after that egg Baylor laid today!

ouwasp
12/30/2010, 01:52 AM
The Big 12 needed a mark in the win column after that egg Baylor laid today!

yeah, and after Mizzou literally threw their game away against Iowa...

pappy
12/30/2010, 02:07 AM
Congrats to them...Now lets go do the same thing to Uconn!

Sooner_Tuf
12/30/2010, 02:13 AM
They played a good strong game. I was impressed. Still hate their fans.

MamaMia
12/30/2010, 02:19 AM
Next year in Stillwater, Bob will enact the proper revenge for his brothers loss. The aggies will be stunned......once again. :stunned:

Sooner91ATL
12/30/2010, 09:48 AM
I like Ostate because I am an Oklahoman and most of their fans are ok and have suffered for a long, long time. Nice for them to get the win. I always want them to win every game each year except ours. I dislike their numbskulls fans on the internets, but that can be said of many teams, including our own.

ouwasp
12/30/2010, 09:53 AM
I dislike osu because I'm an Oklahoman and thus subjected to their jacka$$ fans that have suffered from little bro syndrome for a long, long time...yada,yada,yada...

dwarthog
12/30/2010, 09:58 AM
Good to see one in the win column for the BIG12-2!

oumartin
12/30/2010, 10:08 AM
**** Okie State.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/30/2010, 10:15 AM
**** Okie State.

This! Also, this was OSUcks first 11 win season, while Bob Stoops has 9 alone!

Oh, and **** OSUcks

badger
12/30/2010, 10:15 AM
I bet they're now chanting "remember the alamo" till november... because unlike last time they were in san antonio, they now have a positive reason to remember.

texaspokieokie
12/30/2010, 10:28 AM
you're often coming up with dumb things that they could say.

very original !!

XingTheRubicon
12/30/2010, 10:40 AM
I like Ostate because I am an Oklahoman and most of their fans are ok and have suffered for a long, long time. Nice for them to get the win. I always want them to win every game each year except ours. I dislike their numbskulls fans on the internets, but that can be said of many teams, including our own.

Does the ATL mean Atlanta in your username? It's different when you actually live around them. They're like cockroaches with bull horns.

devOUt
12/30/2010, 10:40 AM
OSU fans will fantasize over "Could have beens" with regards to this season.

and spin them into "wait until next year" with regard to next season.

tfoolry
12/30/2010, 10:49 AM
Watch out. Team on the Rise.

LakeRat
12/30/2010, 11:11 AM
For the first time ever, I might be also chanting the wait til next year slogan. I know it has been chanted since the 70's, but this could be it. (Just woke up to realize we are talking the choking pokes)

Congrats on the good season.

badger
12/30/2010, 12:38 PM
http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/1316606/medium
Gundy apparently doesn't have MAN arms - looks like he's really struggling to hold up the trophy ;)

mdklatt
12/30/2010, 12:48 PM
Watch out. Team on the Rise.

As soon as their shares in T. Boone's wind farm take off they're going to get an indoor practice facility, and then we'll really be in trouble.

CowboyMRW
12/30/2010, 12:48 PM
I bet they're now chanting "remember the alamo" till november... because unlike last 2 time they were in san antonio, they now have a positive reason to remember.

FIFY. :D

Purdue was even worse than Ohio State it seemed, but looking at past scores Ohio State definitely beat us worse.

CowboyMRW
12/30/2010, 12:50 PM
Oklahoma State invented the Alamo Bowl. Every other team that ever plays in the Alamo Bowl from here on out is just copying them.

Texas Tech invented everything so there is no way that we could have invented the Alamo Bowl ;)

OhU1
12/30/2010, 02:09 PM

I agree. Congrats little brother.

To me it makes our win in Stillwater all the more impressive. For an OSU fan they can look back at all their best years - 84, 87, 88, 10 and they STILL lost to OU those years! :stunned: It's a reminder that occasionally OSU can have a very good year but they will still lose to OU. [hairGel]

Cornfed
12/30/2010, 02:15 PM
Congrats Orange you handled Arizona quite nicely.

OUthunder
12/30/2010, 02:20 PM

I'm ok with there win, but would have still found it funny if they had lost. Congrats to oSu.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/30/2010, 02:34 PM
most of their fans are ok and have suffered for a long, long time.

Most of them are not ok and they haven't suffered long enough in my opinion.

badger
12/30/2010, 02:43 PM

Agree- if one losing season in the last five years, coupled with ranked teams, bowl wins and competing for the conference deep into the season is SUFFERING, if losing to your rival but beating everyone else (well, cept Nebbish, hehe) is SUFFERING, if being able to witness All-Americans (plural!) and future first-round draft picks (PLURAL!!!) at your college is SUFFERING, then maybe you'd like to trade mens basketball teams with us.

As for their fans, sure, they do the windshield wiper thing after TDs, add "State!" to the end of the song "Oklahoma!" and wear blinding orange but... well, they're our neighbors and most are Oklahomans too (not Boone and his fourth wife, but OTHERS)

TheHumanAlphabet
12/30/2010, 05:31 PM
The Hedgehog won a bowl game, big wooo.

picasso
12/30/2010, 05:35 PM
http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/1316606/medium
Gundy apparently doesn't have MAN arms - looks like he's really struggling to hold up the trophy ;)

Guy in the middle is a convict.

Sooner91ATL
12/30/2010, 06:12 PM
Does the ATL mean Atlanta in your username? It's different when you actually live around them. They're like cockroaches with bull horns.

I lived in Oklahoma for 23 years, got two degrees at OU. Had a roommate and at one time (not the same person) a girlfriend who were rabid osu fans. Aside from the delusion that they would win our game every year, they were pretty much ok even though they did give me a ton o crap during the blake years. I mean, I don't like jerk osu fans, but the very jerkiest of them don't compare to the average freckle-faced texas fan with a redbone tan. WTF

CowboyMRW
12/30/2010, 06:16 PM
Guy in the middle is a convict.

For some reason I didn't think he was ever convicted. Although I may be wrong. I thought I heard charges were dropped

King Barry's Back
12/30/2010, 06:20 PM
This! Also, this was OSUcks first 11 win season, while Bob Stoops has 9 alone.

Haha. Thanks for putting it in perspective. It's so funny when they make fun of us for losing 5 of the 7 BCS games we've been in. Seven more than them!

badger
12/30/2010, 06:23 PM
:stunned: Another O-Lite please?

:hot: Would you like more talent or less talent?

:stunned: Doesn't matter.

:hot: Fine (hands over Oklahoma Lite) but when you man up and stop wearing that funny orange everywhere, come back and I'll give you Ohio Lite.

;)

King Barry's Back
12/30/2010, 06:24 PM

Just a rhetorical question here -- Did the pokes suffer more in, say, the 70s -- when a 3-win season and four TD-loss to OU was the norm?

Or are they suffering more now, when they win much more and produce all-americans, but are just oh-so-close but still so far away from any real prizes (conf championships and beating OU).

KC//CRIMSON
12/30/2010, 06:25 PM
Congratulations, Aggy. In your best season ever, you managed to not win your own conference and then go on to win the Alamo Bowl. Awesomeness.

CowboyMRW
12/30/2010, 06:30 PM
:stunned: Another O-Lite please?

:hot: Would you like more talent or less talent?

:stunned: Doesn't matter.

:hot: Fine (hands over Oklahoma Lite) but when you man up and stop wearing that funny orange everywhere, come back and I'll give you Ohio Lite.

;)

That's a good one lol

badger
12/30/2010, 06:49 PM
That's a good one lol

So you're being a good sport about this whole resident opposing fan thing, eh? A much better sport than Blackmon running into the endzone! :D

;)

That was mean. I'm sorry :(

CowboyMRW
12/30/2010, 06:54 PM
So you're being a good sport about this whole resident opposing fan thing, eh? A much better sport than Blackmon running into the endzone! :D

;)

That was mean. I'm sorry :(

Meh, it's not my teams board so I expect a lot of ribbing or poking fun at me (no pun intended)

Badger's got jokes for days.