PDA

View Full Version : did anyone else think this?

RADsooner
12/29/2010, 10:46 PM
On blackmon's long td catch..... that was really classless? Of course he is a poke........

agoo758
12/29/2010, 10:51 PM
If i were the 40-year-old man, I would have tore him a new one. That **** can cost you points.

Bud_Wilkinson
12/29/2010, 10:52 PM
It's not just on that catch, it has been all season long. As good as he is, glad Bob didn't offer him.

yankee
12/29/2010, 11:08 PM
what'd he do?

StoopTroup
12/29/2010, 11:10 PM
Who the hell is blackman?

oudavid1
12/29/2010, 11:11 PM
what'd he do?

He just wanted attention.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/29/2010, 11:12 PM

Is that what your source said?

oudavid1
12/29/2010, 11:16 PM
Is that what your source said?

lol she/he is not watching the game.

oudavid1
12/29/2010, 11:18 PM
this is what i thought when i saw it.

http://i51.tinypic.com/34s45sg.jpg

usaosooner
12/29/2010, 11:19 PM
^ thats good

CowboyMRW
12/29/2010, 11:21 PM
It's not just on that catch, it has been all season long. As good as he is, glad Bob didn't offer him.

Has it now. Can you point out some specific instances of this?

Not saying it wasn't classless. I just want to know what else has rubbed you wrong

Jason
12/29/2010, 11:22 PM
Ironic post of the day. :D

OUthunder
12/29/2010, 11:23 PM
Personally, he can pull his pants down and **** in the end zone after a TD, I just don't give a damn.

sooner518
12/29/2010, 11:24 PM
On blackmon's long td catch..... that was really classless? Of course he is a poke........

no.

this thread is something they would have on OP.com

SoonerinLondon
12/29/2010, 11:27 PM
I think it was classless and it's good for him that his coach is not Bob Stoops. With the way Bob got in Stills' grill for his spike, I suspect he'd have lit up JB...even if he didn't get a flag.

CowboyMRW
12/29/2010, 11:28 PM
no.

this thread is something they would have on OP.com

Actually they do

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=112983

85sooners
12/29/2010, 11:32 PM
F all poke fans!

CowboyMRW
12/29/2010, 11:33 PM
F all poke fans!

That's not very nice :O

(goes and cries myself to sleep)

StoopTroup
12/29/2010, 11:51 PM
Homey....Should have gone with dickweed.

jumperstop
12/30/2010, 12:42 AM
I just can't believe the announcers said nothing about it.

mgsooner
12/30/2010, 12:44 AM
Pretty sure the announcers did say something about it. And I am shocked that the refs did not throw a flag. I think this will be something the "rules committee" addresses in the offseason.

FirstandGoal
12/30/2010, 01:26 AM
Meh, I don't think it was against any kind of rules. If they stop him, then it never happens.
Personally, I think instead of being classless it was more a case of being clueless. I would be embarrassed if I were a poke (well.... that's a given anyway because a would be a poke and that would be.... embarrassing)

What was my point? Oh yeah, I would be embarrassed because it was blatantly obvious that Blackmon has never been there, done that.

AlboSooner
12/30/2010, 01:38 AM
They were just happy to finally beat a Stoops.

SoonerLB
12/30/2010, 02:00 AM
Pretty sure the announcers did say something about it. And I am shocked that the refs did not throw a flag. I think this will be something the "rules committee" addresses in the offseason.

Yessir, I agree he should have been flagged, and I HOPE the rules committee addresses that kind of crap. He would not have played another down if I was the coach! :mad:

jumperstop
12/30/2010, 02:00 AM
Meh, I don't think it was against any kind of rules. If they stop him, then it never happens.
Personally, I think instead of being classless it was more a case of being clueless. I would be embarrassed if I were a poke (well.... that's a given anyway because a would be a poke and that would be.... embarrassing)

What was my point? Oh yeah, I would be embarrassed because it was blatantly obvious that Blackmon has never been there, done that.

So taunting isn't against the rules?

pappy
12/30/2010, 02:05 AM
Yessir, I agree he should have been flagged, and I HOPE the rules committee addresses that kind of crap. He would not have played another down if I was the coach! :mad:

Flagged for running across the goaline? Its not illegal b/c it shouldn't be illegal. If it had been the last play of the game and him doing what he did ran the clock the rest of the way out people would be praising him for winning the game but b/c of what time it took place everyone is being whiney babies about it.

Someone brought up what stills did as a comparison and that's a horrible comparison what stills did was illegal and he deserved to be yelled at...what blackmon did was stupid but not classless.

jumperstop
12/30/2010, 02:10 AM
Flagged for running across the goaline? Its not illegal b/c it shouldn't be illegal. If it had been the last play of the game and him doing what he did ran the clock the rest of the way out people would be praising him for winning the game but b/c of what time it took place everyone is being whiney babies about it.

Someone brought up what stills did as a comparison and that's a horrible comparison what stills did was illegal and he deserved to be yelled at...what blackmon did was stupid but not classless.

Say what you want about your player not being classless to make you feel better that one of your players is a jackass. There is no reason to do that except to taunt, period. I've seen players get flagged for high stepping into the endzone and that actually helps you avoid getting tackled.

Sooner_Tuf
12/30/2010, 02:11 AM
Didn't bother me. Let them have fun. It wasn't in your face taunting but it doesn't look very mature.

BigJerm7
12/30/2010, 02:16 AM
If Broyles did that in Stilly they would be all fired up about it.

I like how they said it was payback for basketball lol.

LiveLaughLove
12/30/2010, 02:17 AM
Classless. .

jumperstop
12/30/2010, 02:17 AM
Didn't bother me. Let them have fun. It wasn't in your face taunting but it doesn't look very mature.

I don't care about any taunting or celebration really. What I don't like is the rule is in place and others have gotten a flag on a lot less that what blackmon did. Penalize one, penalize all. What bugs me more is it appeared the coaches didn't even say anything to him. I only saw high fives and congratulations.

soonerhubs
12/30/2010, 03:24 AM
Wow! This thread seems very Aggie.

pappy
12/30/2010, 03:51 AM
Say what you want about your player not being classless to make you feel better that one of your players is a jackass. There is no reason to do that except to taunt, period. I've seen players get flagged for high stepping into the endzone and that actually helps you avoid getting tackled.

I do know Blackmon personally I used to whip him in basketball growing up. I wouldn't really call him "My" player though. If Broyles did the exact same thing I would have the exact same opinion, but you wouldn't you would be talking about how great Broyles did.

Oh and I did say that what Blackmon did was stupid and I would say the same thing if Broyles did it. Again you would only say things like classless, jackass, taunt if it is a player who doesn't play for OU.

swardboy
12/30/2010, 07:36 AM
I do know Blackmon personally I used to whip him in basketball growing up. I wouldn't really call him "My" player though. If Broyles did the exact same thing I would have the exact same opinion, but you wouldn't you would be talking about how great Broyles did.

Oh and I did say that what Blackmon did was stupid and I would say the same thing if Broyles did it. Again you would only say things like classless, jackass, taunt if it is a player who doesn't play for OU.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. I was as pissed as hell the second Stills spiked the ball 'cause I knew what was coming...kickoff from the 15 yard line. And I was overjoyed to see Stoops in his grill over it.

I think I speak for 99.9% of OU fans 'cause....I'm omnipotent and stuff, and can guess what someone else is thinking....like you can.

AlbqSooner
12/30/2010, 07:39 AM
It was my understanding that the "excessive celebration" rule was enforced if the player engages in actions which are designed to draw attention to himself, and which are not otherwise within normal football activity. ( that is a synopsis, not a quote)

That was blatantly designed to draw attention to himself. Normal football activity would be to take the most direct, unfettered, route to the end zone.

Classless and a flag should have been thrown. If it were an OU player I would say the same thing.

ashley
12/30/2010, 07:41 AM
Totally legal.

cleller
12/30/2010, 08:08 AM
He's an OSU dork.

batonrougesooner
12/30/2010, 08:53 AM
How do you make a rule against it?

"The player must take the most direct route to the endzone"?

I thought it was a dumb move because he could have gotten blindsided and fumbled but I don't quite think it's to the level of unsportsman like conduct. Just silly.

texaspokieokie
12/30/2010, 08:56 AM
BRS
agree !!!

mgsooner
12/30/2010, 09:14 AM

But you see it wasn't the last play of the game, rendering your entire point worthless.

texaspokieokie
12/30/2010, 09:17 AM
point is, you can't outlaw it, because late in the game, it can be valuable.

turned out, it was valuable. helped to get a dull game over more quickly.

well not really. it only effected the 1st half.

mgsooner
12/30/2010, 09:19 AM
You don't have to specifically "outlaw" it. The officials do have brains of their own and should be able to make a judgement call on what is taunting and what is not. This was most definitely taunting and should have been flagged.

Eielson
12/30/2010, 09:20 AM
OSU basically has the same thing on their hands with Blackmon as we do with Broyles.

PhiDeltBeers
12/30/2010, 09:44 AM
How is what Blackmon did any different than Broyles flipping or diving into the endzone and getting flagged for it? They are both not needed in those situations and both deserve to be flagged.

SoonerNutt
12/30/2010, 10:15 AM
I don't care about any taunting or celebration really. What I don't like is the rule is in place and others have gotten a flag on a lot less that what blackmon did. Penalize one, penalize all. What bugs me more is it appeared the coaches didn't even say anything to him. I only saw high fives and congratulations.

Because if they yell at him, he might leave?

Sooner in Tampa
12/30/2010, 10:22 AM
pokes + classless = redundant

And who gives two ****s what the aggroids do? I didn't even watch the game cuz they were playing.

SoonerPride
12/30/2010, 10:22 AM
For those that didn't bother to watch the game, would someone please recap exactly what he did?

From reading the thread I gather he slowed down as he approached the endzone?

...did he run backwards?
...run parallel to the goal line and hold the ball out towards defenders?

I don't watch osu football so I have no idea if what the poke did was taunting or just lame.

Please describe this action to me.

Thanks.

Memtig14
12/30/2010, 10:35 AM
You don't have to specifically "outlaw" it. The officials do have brains of their own and should be able to make a judgement call on what is taunting and what is not. This was most definitely taunting and should have been flagged.

I agree.

Memtig14
12/30/2010, 10:38 AM
For those that didn't bothhr to watch the game, would someone please recap exactly what he did?

From reading the thread I gather he slowed down as he approached the endzone?

...did he run backwards?
...run parallel to the goal line and hold the ball out towards defenders?

I don't watch osu football so I have no idea if what the poke did was taunting or just lame.

Please describe this action to me.

Thanks.

He was running free down the right sideline with no one within 20 yards of him. When he got to the goal line he ran parallel to the line all the way acroos the field before he stepped over the line.

It easily could have (and should have) been flagged for taunting. Very classless.

AlboSooner
12/30/2010, 10:40 AM
He was running free down the right sideline with no one within 20 yards of him. When he got to the goal line he ran parallel to the line all the way acroos the field before he stepped over the line.

It easily could have (and should have) been flagged for taunting. Very classless.

I would say this even if he was my brother: classless.

SoonerPride
12/30/2010, 11:01 AM

Thanks for the description...

Oh I see.
Yes, that is taunting and should be flagged.

AlboSooner
12/30/2010, 11:13 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303630012

tcrb
12/30/2010, 11:28 AM
I was not surprised in the least by Balckmon's stunt, or by the reaction of his teamates, coaches and fans. After all, they are all aggies aren't they?

GDC
12/30/2010, 11:50 AM
Didn't we get a penalty for just saluting the crowd after a touchdown against Air Force? What game was it when Stoops reamed out Kenny Stills for some kind of taunting?

picasso
12/30/2010, 11:55 AM
OSU basically has the same thing on their hands with Blackmon as we do with Broyles.

Our coach put a stop to his hot dogging.

fwsooner22
12/30/2010, 11:57 AM
There's no penalty for being a jacka$$ except for the fact that because your are a jacka$$ you end up playing at OSU. That's penalty enough.

soonerhubs
12/30/2010, 12:00 PM
:rolleyes: You guys left out the part where he grabbed a litter of kittens and punted them into the stands. Hypocritical whiners! You're making our fanbase look bad. Real bad.

Sooner in Tampa
12/30/2010, 12:05 PM
:rolleyes: You guys left out the part where he grabbed a litter of kittens and punted them into the stands. Hypocritical whiners! You're making our fanbase look bad. Real bad.
Sorry hubs...I agree with the majority of what you post, but Blackmon's schtick was disrespectful to the game and the opposing team. I would be just as livid if one of our players did the exact same thing.

BTW...thank you Desean Jackson

Eielson
12/30/2010, 12:07 PM
There's no penalty for being a jacka$$ except for the fact that because your are a jacka$$ you end up playing at OSU. That's penalty enough.

I know there was at least talk of enforcing celebration penalties from the spot of the foul, which would've given the Cowboys a first down on the 16 yard line. That's a bit stiff, and I'm glad that they don't do that. At least I'm assuming they didn't follow through with that. I guess they didn't throw a penalty at all? That's lame, and I'm almost certain that there is a rule in place to penalize that.

Okie35
12/30/2010, 12:07 PM
Sorry hubs...I agree with the majority of what you post, but Blackmon's schtick was disrespectful to the game and the opposing team. I would be just as livid if one of our players did the exact same thing.

BTW...thank you Desean Jackson

He's in the NFL you can get away w/ it. Kids in college should know better.

Eielson
12/30/2010, 12:09 PM
Our coach put a stop to his hot dogging.

Blackmon didn't do it again, did he?

SoonerOX
12/30/2010, 12:11 PM
I have no clue why he ran along the goal line. Not that the game was close, but had it been, why run off precious time?

BoulderSooner79
12/30/2010, 12:12 PM
It was just his way of telling poke fans that he will soon be joining DeSean Jackson in the NFL.

jumperstop
12/30/2010, 12:15 PM

Making our fan base look bad? I'm confused, I thought this was a football discussion board. We can talk about football here right? :confused:

Eielson
12/30/2010, 12:17 PM
Making our fan base look bad? I'm confused, I thought this was a football discussion board. We can talk about football here right? :confused:

Whining over little stuff like this is childish. Did he look stupid? Yeah, but thanks to this thread so do we. It's not like he was stealing gas.

StoopTroup
12/30/2010, 12:24 PM
If guys were running into the EZ and exposing themselves to the opposing crowd/fans...i'd consider it taunting. The fun of making it to the EZ has been taken away IMO. I think most fans that are on the winning side would think this has gone to far but if your team got a steady diet of "IN YOUR FACE"....I guess we'd have to expect the ruling to come about.

In the NFL I think they decided to do it so they didn't have to stop the game and clean off the field after the fans chunked beers and crap at them.

It has to be regulated and if the fans had chunked a bunch of crap at him...it would have been funny. However...these days you go to jail and he might get a flag.

Yeah...the refs need to look at this one IMO and put an end to it.

jumperstop
12/30/2010, 12:31 PM
Whining over little stuff like this is childish. Did he look stupid? Yeah, but thanks to this thread so do we. It's not like he was stealing gas.

whining? I don't feel like I look stupid, but if you feel that way don't post in this thread or read it. All you stupid ****ers who are concerned what the osu trolls are going to say on Op.com must have very ****ty lives.

jumperstop
12/30/2010, 12:40 PM
If guys were running into the EZ and exposing themselves to the opposing crowd/fans...i'd consider it taunting. The fun of making it to the EZ has been taken away IMO. I think most fans that are on the winning side would think this has gone to far but if your team got a steady diet of "IN YOUR FACE"....I guess we'd have to expect the ruling to come about.

In the NFL I think they decided to do it so they didn't have to stop the game and clean off the field after the fans chunked beers and crap at them.

It has to be regulated and if the fans had chunked a bunch of crap at him...it would have been funny. However...these days you go to jail and he might get a flag.

Yeah...the refs need to look at this one IMO and put an end to it.

I'm all for celebrating, but sometimes the refs throw stupid flags. Like the tOSU game where the player was showing his special nike gloves with an O on it to the crowd and got a flag. Taunting on the other hand has no place in the game. Broyles at tech last year deserved a flag, blackmon last night deserved a flag. Make your play and celebrate, don't rub it in the other team's face.

picasso
12/30/2010, 01:03 PM
Blackmon didn't do it again, did he?

It's the last game of the year smart guy.

How far back do you have to go to find Broyles doing it? Same goes for Stills.

You're the one who mentioned we have the same problem with Broyles.

Eielson
12/30/2010, 01:09 PM
You're the one who mentioned we have the same problem with Broyles.

And? You countered by saying that it wasn't a continuous thing. It hasn't been a continuous thing with Blackmon, either. I actually believe that Broyles did have two separate instances of showboating.

picasso
12/30/2010, 01:18 PM
And? You countered by saying that it wasn't a continuous thing. It hasn't been a continuous thing with Blackmon, either. I actually believe that Broyles did have two separate instances of showboating.

It's no biggie but since you're the one whining about the actual whining in this thread I will suggest you go back and watch some Blackmon highlights from this season and try to make a better judgement.
Me? I could care less.

OUNASH
12/30/2010, 01:25 PM
Classless+Blackmon= OsU

mgsooner
12/30/2010, 02:23 PM

Who is "whining", exactly? Is making a simple statement that it was taunting and should have been flagged "whining"? Also why is this a comparison between Blackmon and Broyles? This has nothing to do with Broyles, we're talking about Blackmon. However if Broyles did the same then you're damn skippy I would say it should be flagged. I don't see how it "makes our fanbase look bad" because somebody says it was taunting. Morever I guess I just don't give a s**t what a bunch of clowns in Stoolwater think of our fanbase. With 8 in a row and no end in sight it's not like they have anything to say anyways.

sooner n houston
12/30/2010, 02:28 PM
If he decides to go pro this year, this will hurt him. Pro's will be concerned about a guy who acts this way, especially when he had a DUI earlier this year.

Jacie
12/30/2010, 03:09 PM
I thought an official was in Gundy's face following the play and since nothing else happened it had to be about controlling his player's behavior or they'd get flagged. Apparently, the ref's warning was lost on Mikey. "I don’t like to taunt,” Gundy said. “But he cut across the field and was having a little fun, and proving his ankle was back to normal.”

The poke who did get flagged (two 15-yard penalties in the first half), Markelle Martin, should have been ejected, imo. That guy plays right on the edge and sometimes over the line of being dirty.

CowboyMRW
12/30/2010, 05:28 PM
I thought an official was in Gundy's face following the play and since nothing else happened it had to be about controlling his player's behavior or they'd get flagged. Apparently, the ref's warning was lost on Mikey. "I don’t like to taunt,” Gundy said. “But he cut across the field and was having a little fun, and proving his ankle was back to normal.”

The poke who did get flagged (two 15-yard penalties in the first half), Markelle Martin, should have been ejected, imo. That guy plays right on the edge and sometimes over the line of being dirty.

Are you being serious right now. Plays dirty?? His first one was a good hit i thought. The guy was ducking down as he caught it and kel went parallel with the ground. I know in this day and age that it'll draw a flag though. The second one was a horse collar which we all know why that penalty is enforced today. But on the positive side the horse collar didn't affect the carrier's knees.

Markelle is not a dirty player at all

CowboyMRW
12/30/2010, 05:42 PM
Also it has come to my attention that he ran to where his friends and family were sitting. As he crosses the goal line he runs directly to the corner of the EZ to be with his friends and family in the stands

olevetonahill
12/30/2010, 05:43 PM
MR you musta been watchin with yer orange glasses on . That defender Lowered his head and went in helmet 1st
Re watch it

olevetonahill
12/30/2010, 05:45 PM
Also it has come to my attention that he ran to where his friends and family were sitting. As he crosses the goal line he runs directly to the corner of the EZ to be with his friends and family in the stands

Now thats weak Dude, he could have just as easily ran there from anywhere inside the EZ .

CowboyMRW
12/30/2010, 05:45 PM
MR you musta been watchin with yer orange glasses on . That defender Lowered his head and went in helmet 1st
Re watch it

Alright I will. Live it looked bad but when they slowed it down it looked like a good hit. 2 years ago we'd all be praising about how he brought the wood. It seems football is being sissified but if it helps players when they quit playing then I'm for it

CowboyMRW
12/30/2010, 05:46 PM
Now thats weak Dude, he could have just as easily ran there from anywhere inside the EZ .

He could have, no doubt. I'm just telling you what I've been told

olevetonahill
12/30/2010, 05:51 PM
IMHO it was taunting, He dint get a flag so I dont really GAS

olevetonahill
12/30/2010, 05:52 PM
Oh and Im all for taunting, If ya dont like being made fun of, then shut em down , Simple

CowboyMRW
12/30/2010, 06:04 PM
Oh and Im all for taunting, If ya dont like being made fun of, then shut em down , Simple

Fair enough. That's kind of how I've felt but people nowadays want class from you. People that holler for class to me are just perennial losers

olevetonahill
12/30/2010, 06:18 PM
Fair enough. That's kind of how I've felt but people nowadays want class from you. People that holler for class to me are just perennial losers

Heh, They the ones who got their lunch money stolen :D