PDA

View Full Version : A little Blakey Blake for ya

oudavid1
12/29/2010, 05:08 PM
http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2010/12/29/blake-bell-talks-about-his-future/

Video of the Oklahoman's Jake Trotter talking to OU's true freshman QB Blake Bell.

Mad Dog Madsen
12/29/2010, 06:00 PM
Good post! I'm glad he shut down the transferring rumors. (for now) I'd love to see what this kid can do. Landry still has 2 years of eligibility left. Think he can stick with it for that long???

OUmillenium
12/29/2010, 06:41 PM
It would be great if we had a bad to the bone offense and LJ was done most games next year in the mid 3rd qtr and Blake got lots o snaps.

Thats my New Years wish anyway!

badger
12/29/2010, 06:47 PM
John Blake = Boo

Blake Bell = Yay

Please differentiate the two in all future football forum references to "Blake"

rush4life
12/29/2010, 06:49 PM
I think landry is done after next season and i think Bell knows that. Nothing wrong with sitting and learning for a couple of seasons. I just hope with the qb's they recruit that they keep competition going for blake no matter what. I just have a feeling they are gonna make Kendall Thompson a receiver which will lighten the competition a little. I hope i''m wrong though.

colinreturn
12/29/2010, 06:50 PM
I think landry is done after next season and i think Bell knows that. Nothing wrong with sitting and learning for a couple of seasons. I just hope with the qb's they recruit that they keep competition going for blake no matter what. I just have a feeling they are gonna make Kendall Thompson a receiver which will lighten the competition a little. I hope i''m wrong though.

why would landry be done after next season.

THE-JROD
12/29/2010, 06:54 PM
Sure hope he sticks around....if he dont start till landry is gone...his experience getting to know the system will be unreal!

rush4life
12/29/2010, 06:58 PM
why would landry be done after next season.

This based off if Landry progresses to be better next yr and if they win a nat'l championship. If this happens Why stay?? what else would he have to prove? he is a great kid and may wanna set records and finish school but looking at it from a pro side of things he could be a 1st rnd pick if he improves from this yr which statistically he had a great yr!

THE-JROD
12/29/2010, 07:02 PM
This based off if Landry progresses to be better next yr and if they win a nat'l championship. If this happens Why stay?? what else would he have to prove? he is a great kid and may wanna set records and finish school but looking at it from a pro side of things he could be a 1st rnd pick if he improves from this yr which statistically he had a great yr!

Sorry to ruin your parade...Landry is a good college player...he will never be a 1st round pick.

rush4life
12/29/2010, 07:14 PM
Sorry to ruin your parade...Landry is a good college player...he will never be a 1st round pick.

not ruining my parade bro... i'm not the biggest landry fan but the truth is with his size and if he can develop a consistent deep ball and continues improves overall, why wouldn't a team get him the 1st rnd? that is if the luck and newton leave early which i think they will.

THE-JROD
12/29/2010, 07:18 PM
not ruining my parade bro... i'm not the biggest landry fan but the truth is with his size and if he can develop a consistent deep ball and continues improves overall, why wouldn't a team get him the 1st rnd? that is if the luck and newton leave early which i think they will.

That is a lot of ifs...im sayin right now a lot is gonna have to happen...at the NFL level, things happen a lot faster and Landry still struggles with reading receivers at the college level.

rush4life
12/29/2010, 07:37 PM
That is a lot of ifs...im sayin right now a lot is gonna have to happen...at the NFL level, things happen a lot faster and Landry still struggles with reading receivers at the college level.

I agree alot has to happen for sure. there is that possiblity though

prrriiide
12/29/2010, 07:58 PM
Plus, LJ has already stated his intent to be come a man of the cloth. Not saying a preacher can't play in the NFL (Reggie White, anyone?), but at this point LJ is nowhere near the elite player that White was.

Jason Alexander
12/29/2010, 08:01 PM
John Blake = Boo

Blake Bell = Yay

It doesn't matter which Blake, I'm still going to click on the thread.

StoopTroup
12/29/2010, 08:07 PM
Can't a Man of the Cloth be a Saint?

AlbqSooner
12/29/2010, 08:48 PM
So I guess Drew Allen is just S.O.L.?

swardboy
12/29/2010, 10:45 PM
Interesting comment that he felt Josh was calling a lot of the plays this year.

melrosebeach
12/29/2010, 10:55 PM
John Blake = Boo

Blake Bell = Yay

I thought it was about Robert Blake

yankee
12/29/2010, 10:59 PM

mark.

rekamrettuB
12/29/2010, 11:01 PM
Can't a Man of the Cloth be a Saint?

Who Dat?

oudavid1
12/29/2010, 11:13 PM

See Josh Heupel

bigfatjerk
12/29/2010, 11:23 PM
Landry is a damn good QB. He isn't Bradford good, but he'll play in the NFL and probably start. He has everything you want in an NFL QB. Size, arm strength, great accuracy. There probably isn't a QB at the college level as accurate as Landry is right now. He's not Bradford, but Bradford is a legend.

THE-JROD
12/29/2010, 11:24 PM
Landry is a damn good QB. He isn't Bradford good, but he'll play in the NFL and probably start

He will never be a starting qb in the NFL!

achiro
12/29/2010, 11:26 PM
There probably isn't a QB at the college level as accurate as Landry is right now.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

bigfatjerk
12/29/2010, 11:26 PM
He will never be a starting qb in the NFL!

Why? He's not even a finished college project right now and he's got a ton of OU records already. He'll end up with more than 10,000 yards in 3 years at the college level. If he stays all 4 years he may end up with 15k. I think the guy he's a lot alike at the NFL level right now is Phillip Rivers. And I remember people in college saying he was never going to make the NFL.

bigfatjerk
12/29/2010, 11:54 PM
By the end of next year Landry will likely have 100 TDs and it'll be after his junior year. Bradford put up better numbers in his time and is a better player. But what Landry is going to do with the numbers will be hard for any QB to ever touch at OU.

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/30/2010, 12:46 AM
I think he has the skills to be NFL type QB, but I just don't know if he has the leadership to do it at the NFL level.

SCOUT
12/30/2010, 12:49 AM
Landry's ability to stay calm under pressure is what worries me about his ability to play in the NFL. He is a great passer when he has the time, but quickly devolves when his protection fails.

I hope he can continue to develop in this area. If he can, he could definitely play in the NFL IMO. If not, his days of preaching are not far away.

kelloggOUballa
12/30/2010, 01:24 AM
Landry will be a first round pick in the 2012 or 2013 NFL Draft, whichever he chooses.

Salt City Sooner
12/30/2010, 01:31 AM
Fiesta Bowl notebook: Former OU coach Barry Switzer gives Landry Jones a first-round draft grade

Bob Stoops raved even more about Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones on Wednesday during Fiesta Bowl Media Day. “He has a chance to be one of the elite guys,” Stoops said.

Stoops relayed a story from August workouts, when Barry Switzer watched part of a practice with Stoops.

“He evaluates talent pretty well,” Stoops said. “He sits there half an hour and says, ‘Bob, this guy has a chance to play in the NFL. He's going to be a first-round draft pick.'”

Jones has produced a solid season — 35 touchdown passes, 11 interceptions, 65.3 completion percentage. “Hopefully, he keeps developing that way,” Stoops said.

Read more: http://newsok.com/fiesta-bowl-notebook-former-ou-coach-barry-switzer-gives-landry-jones-a-first-round-draft-grade/article/3527686#ixzz19ZeaHl2N

kelloggOUballa
12/30/2010, 01:39 AM
He evaluates talent pretty well,” Stoops said. “He sits there half an hour and says, ‘Bob, this guy has a chance to play in the NFL. He's going to be a first-round draft pick.'”

Fact.