PDA

View Full Version : Will the Huskies play dirty, and fake injuries, too?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/29/2010, 11:12 AM
From what I've read from their players, I believe they are going to employ "tricks"...such as possibly being extra physical. Also, the faking injuries thing, to slow the pace of OU on offense:
--------------------------------------------------------

“You can’t prepare for it,” Ryan Broyles said. “Guys are on the field and are like, ‘What are you doing? You are going too fast.’

“We run and gun and keep the pressure on the defense.”

There is only one way for the Huskies to stop that. The best way to slow down speed is for the defense to put a body on the receivers and skill position players.

Stopping speed is a simple concept that at times is impossible to execute.

“You have to be physical with them,” Reyes said. “If someone gets banged up they are not going to be running. That’s what we are going to do.”-from a Journal-Inquirer article 12-29-10

sooner518
12/29/2010, 11:35 AM
I have no doubt theyll pull the patented Florida/Von Miller - "injured every other play" defense.

AlboSooner
12/29/2010, 11:37 AM
Yes they will. Football is doing what soccer has done for a long time: fake injures in order to get an advantage. It's shameful.

85sooners
12/29/2010, 11:40 AM
Ou is gonna pound these uconn pu$$ies!!!!

SoonerNutt
12/29/2010, 11:40 AM
I don't see anything in that quote that suggests that they plan on faking injuries.

As far as being physical with our WR's...OK. Anyone who watches film could tell you that's what you need to try to do. aTm did it very, very well vs. OU. But not many other teams have had much success, not for lack of trying.

If you are too aggressive, you are going to get killed with pump fakes and screens, which we have become very good at. So, sure, be aggressive and see what happens. You have to be able to play assignment football and cover people as well.

badger
12/29/2010, 11:42 AM
Fake it, if we run misdirection
Fake it, cuz YOU DON'T BELONG, yeah
Fake it, you're a BCS infection
Whoa, you're such a football hypocrite

Joe
12/29/2010, 11:42 AM
Although they could employ that tactic, I took the quote to mean, "If we hurt their guys (by being physical) they won't be out there to kick our ***.".

fadada1
12/29/2010, 11:46 AM
OWWWWWW, MY EYE!!!!!!

rekamrettuB
12/29/2010, 11:50 AM
Playing physical isn't playing dirty. And faking injuries isn't illegal...unethical yes but w/in the rules. If OU can't win even if these guys fake injuries to slow down the game then they don't deserve to win.

fadada1
12/29/2010, 12:00 PM
Malingering in the Navy might get you thrown off the ship while at sea.

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 12:11 PM
"faking injuries" may hurt you in the long run. player has to sit out @ least one play.

12/29/2010, 12:27 PM
"faking injuries" may hurt you in the long run. player has to sit out @ least one play.FU and Lassie aggy both beat us, when they flagrantly did that.

Jacie
12/29/2010, 12:40 PM
If the mismatch atwixt OUr team and the panting canines is as large as the point spread . . . they won't be faking.

King Crimson
12/29/2010, 12:44 PM
buncha New England Liberals depending on the nanny state officials.....

12/29/2010, 12:46 PM
buncha New England Liberals depending on the nanny state officials.....Is that a prediction, or just a heads-up?

usaosooner
12/29/2010, 12:59 PM
John Hoover is reporting on Twitter that several members of Uconns team are sick

It's A Trap /Admiral Ackbar

King Crimson
12/29/2010, 01:00 PM
Is that a prediction, or just a heads-up?

flat out revelation and the will to be free is what i call it.

12/29/2010, 01:03 PM
flat out revelation and the will to be free is what i call it.Who or what revealed that info, and who is willing to be free from what? And, why do you call it that?

King Crimson
12/29/2010, 01:20 PM
parody mostly, my friend.

12/29/2010, 01:33 PM
parody mostly, my friend.Uh huh, you have second thoughts about revealing the source of that revelation, don't you?ARE YOU MESSING WITH THE REFS AGAIN?

12/29/2010, 01:37 PM
The refs are going to be from Lubbock, Eugene, Austin and Hartford. Not to worry. It's a multi-conference squad, that's bound to be fair.

SoonerLB
12/29/2010, 01:42 PM
Yes they will. Football is doing what soccer has done for a long time: fake injures in order to get an advantage. It's shameful.

That's why I have not watched a soccer game in ten years. And, it goes without saying, missed all three goals scored in that time period. ;)

Seamus
12/29/2010, 01:45 PM
Ziskey rates the Huskies:

Ou is gonna pound these uconn pu$$ies!!!!

http://www.morethings.com/fan/bill_murray/stripes/bill_murray-stripes1981-2240.jpg

sooner518
12/29/2010, 02:43 PM
From what I've read from their players, I believe they are going to employ "tricks"...such as possibly being extra physical. Also, the faking injuries thing, to slow the pace of OU on offense:
--------------------------------------------------------

“You can’t prepare for it,” Ryan Broyles said. “Guys are on the field and are like, ‘What are you doing? You are going too fast.’

“We run and gun and keep the pressure on the defense.”

There is only one way for the Huskies to stop that. The best way to slow down speed is for the defense to put a body on the receivers and skill position players.

Stopping speed is a simple concept that at times is impossible to execute.

“You have to be physical with them,” Reyes said. “If someone gets banged up they are not going to be running. That’s what we are going to do.”-from a Journal-Inquirer article 12-29-10

surely they wont be able to hurt our guys. i mean, we lift weights in the offseason. so this quote can only mean that they plan to play-dead/fake injury.

stoopified
12/29/2010, 03:44 PM
My sources say UConn won't have to FAKE injuries.

KantoSooner
12/29/2010, 03:53 PM
That's why it's so nice to have the Mark I R. Lewis 'Equalizer' on your side. Guaranteed to ensure that, if there's hurtin' to be done, your team won't be the last one to feel the pain.

BajaOklahoma
12/29/2010, 05:23 PM
"faking injuries" may hurt you in the long run. player has to sit out @ least one play.

FU and Lassie aggy both beat us, when they flagrantly did that.

Depth at each position would influence the decision to fake injuries.