PDA

View Full Version : AD just passed Greg Pruitt

stoopified
12/28/2010, 09:29 PM
As the leading Sooner rusher in NFL history.Pruitt ruhed for 5672 yards in his career,Ad came in at 5632,40 yards back.AD has gained 52 yards so far in tonite's game.It would have been really cool if AD had done this on Sunday when Bradford became leading Sooner NFL passer.

JLEW1818
12/28/2010, 09:30 PM
BOOMER!

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 09:31 PM
I thought this way about a celebrity IROC Race.

http://jollinger.com/marbles/pics/iroc.jpg

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2010, 10:00 PM
Why are we happy when one Sooner passes another in the record book? Do we have something personal against Greg Pruitt?

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 10:12 PM
Recruiting? Recruits probably don't know who Pruitt was but since AD is an active NFL Superstar....having him beat an old record by a past Superstar is proof that OUr Football Program is for real and a place you can come and get a huge contract in the Pros?

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2010, 10:55 PM
Recruiting? Recruits probably don't know who Pruitt was but since AD is an active NFL Superstar....having him beat an old record by a past Superstar is proof that OUr Football Program is for real and a place you can come and get a huge contract in the Pros?

A bit of a stretch there, Stoop. Every recruit knows we put players in the pros.

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 11:00 PM
Well considering the experts said he wouldn't make it in the NFL because he was injury prone and that Sam was way to big a risk with the injuries he had.....I'm sure you're right as always about this. LMFAO....

stoopified
12/28/2010, 11:05 PM
Why are we happy when one Sooner passes another in the record book? Do we have something personal against Greg Pruitt?I started tracking AD's march up the Sooner NFL rushing stats since his rookie year.Why you ask? For the same reason AD was measured against Washington,Pruit,Sims, et al while at OU ; it is a standard to measure greatness against.Now that AD has become the all-time NFL Sooner runner I will measure him against the best in NFL history.For the record he is currently 83rd.

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2010, 11:09 PM
Well considering the experts said he wouldn't make it in the NFL because he was injury prone and that Sam was way to big a risk with the injuries he had.....I'm sure you're right as always about this. LMFAO....

Have you taken up olevet's drinking habit? That post made no sense whatsoever.

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2010, 11:11 PM
I started tracking AD's march up the Sooner NFL rushing stats since his rookie year.Why you ask? For the same reason AD was measured against Washington,Pruit,Sims, et al while at OU ; it is a standard to measure greatness against.Now that AD has become the all-time NFL Sooner runner I will measure him against the best in NFL history.For the record he is currently 83rd.

I realize why we track it. It's interesting to note. But why are we happy when he breaks it? The old record owner was a Sooner, too.

ocsooner
12/28/2010, 11:13 PM
Just happy to see sooners do well...

85sooners
12/28/2010, 11:26 PM
Shssss

Collier11
12/28/2010, 11:28 PM
I realize why we track it. It's interesting to note. But why are we happy when he breaks it? The old record owner was a Sooner, too.

well me personally, its just neat to see guys that I watched while I was in college or just out of college who are now tearing it up in the NFL, I didnt see many of the guys for OU who did anything in the NFL previously play

yermom
12/28/2010, 11:28 PM
it's a kinda interesting tidbit, but things like Sam breaking the NFL rookie record is way cooler than Sooner NFL records IMO

i hate half agreeing with Leroy :mad:

sooner518
12/28/2010, 11:30 PM

No one said they were happy about it until you brought it up.

stoopified
12/28/2010, 11:35 PM
I realize why we track it. It's interesting to note. But why are we happy when he breaks it? The old record owner was a Sooner, too.I thought that is a fairly simple thing to understand in that it means AD is moving up in the NFL tecordbook.While I am not already thinking about AD possibly catching Emmit, I'm looking forward to seeing him become the first Sooner to crack 10,000 yards in The League.If he does that I will track his stats as he (hopefully) closes in on Emmit. Adrian had no shot at that until he passed Pruitt. At some point in the future I hope to watch another Sooner pass whatever maeks that Peterson establishes in hHIS career.

picasso
12/29/2010, 12:28 AM
Leave it to Leroy to doosh it up once again.

CrimsonRez
12/29/2010, 12:29 AM
holy ****, just be happy for the guy

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2010, 12:52 AM

Never mind. Whatever.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/29/2010, 01:30 AM
Why are we happy when one Sooner passes another in the record book? Do we have something personal against Greg Pruitt?agreed. An announcer said that Sammy is close to beating Peyton Manning's rookie record for passing yardage. It's likely he will beat Manning's record next Sunday against seattle.

HOW COOL IS THAT!

yankee
12/29/2010, 02:27 AM
"Good for AD", that way I don't hurt Greg Pruitt's feelings or Leroy's feelings.

d.stOUgh
12/29/2010, 02:42 AM
Why are we happy when one Sooner passes another in the record book? Do we have something personal against Greg Pruitt?

Greg Priutt was a great running back for the Sooners, however, I met him at a charity golf game in Montgomery, Al. around 1994 and he was very rude.

I lived in OKC for 15 years from 1971 to 1985 (Prattville, Alabama, home town) and got to know many players and Coach Switzer. Many of those players came to my house for a 'home cooked meal'. I played in a band and would always ask the doorman/bouncer and bartenders to let me know when any Sooner players came in and I would invite them over to my house. That was the greatest period in my life. I played in Coach Switzers favorite country singer Henson Cargills' band. The first college football game I ever attended was the 1971 OU/nebraska game...I was hooked from then on.

I have The Decade of the 70's wall plaque (along with the 1980 through 1985 plaques issued through the then 'Sooners Monthly" magazine) Pruitt was there with Joe Washington.

I asked for his autograph (on the Decade of the 70's plaque) and it seemed to me that he really didn't care if he signed it or not (he did).

When I met Joe Washington (at the same event) he was incredibly Honored to sign it. He even took the time to go over every game he played in and talked about his teammates and coaches...a class act! He posed for a picture with me and my then, 6 year old son, now 22.

Greg Pruitt was one of the Sooners finest running backs, but the Pruitt i met that day was very rude and acted like I was imposing by asking for his autograph on the plaque.

It seems to me that the majority of former Sooners players that I have met are very thankful for the recognition of their talents and of the Sooners...Greg Pruitt was not one of them.

Maybe he had a bad day at the golf game...but when one Sooner surpasses another Sooner at the same position, that should be a proud moment just showing how Great the Sooners are!

Is anyone upset about Demarco beating Steve Owens (autograph also on plaque) career TD record? I hope not!

Steves' record lasted 41 years! Do you think he has anything personal against Demarco?

I wasn't Sooner Borne or Sooner Bred, but when I die, I'll be Sooner dead!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Dave Stough (d.stOUgh)

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2010, 03:21 AM
Greg Priutt was a great running back for the Sooners, however, I met him at a charity golf game in Montgomery, Al. around 1994 and he was very rude.

I lived in OKC for 15 years from 1971 to 1985 (Prattville, Alabama, home town) and got to know many players and Coach Switzer. Many of those players came to my house for a 'home cooked meal'. I played in a band...

http://stash.norml.org/wp-content/uploads/polka-band.jpg

jkjsooner
12/29/2010, 10:47 AM
I'll give a couple of reasons why this is something to celebrate:

1. OU is underrepresented in the NFL HOF compared to programs of similar stature. (We have 2 HOF'ers or 3 if Aikman is counted.) To get guys in the HOF their stats will need to surpass those of previous Sooner greats. We've had several RB's who were on their way to HOF careers only to see their careers shortened by injury. Obviously we don't want that to happen to Peterson...

2. If current and future players never break records set by previous players then that implies that our program has declined or that we've never reached the heights set by previous generations. (I know we're talking NFL here but Leroy's argument would apply to college records as well.) I'd love to see OU's program get better and better. I'd love to see us break the 47 game winning streak.

badger
12/29/2010, 11:10 AM
big congrats to AD on his successful pro career. You'd think they'd learn to call him AD by now with as often as they're saying his name. Ay-dee. It's not that hard.

i just feel bad that he's not on a team bound for the playoffs this year. i know it isn't like college football, where you have an expectation to make the postseason every year when you have top players and top coaches (unless you're texas, nyuck nyuck), but when you nearly make the super bowl last year with almost the same exact team, it sucks

cvsooner
12/29/2010, 12:39 PM
Yep. And though it was only one game, if Webb continues to develop, they just might have found their next QB.

King Crimson
12/29/2010, 12:43 PM
Pruitt averaged like 9 yards per tote in 71 or 72.

that is sick. Sims was a freak (and much better than Charles White, if he scores and doesn't fumble at NU in 77 he wins the Heisman twice (and we win the NC)) averaging about 7.2.

9!

12/29/2010, 12:44 PM
Yep. And though it was only one game, if Webb continues to develop, they just might have found their next QB.Dude looked like Cam Newton out there. Wonder why Auburn didn't buy er, ah, recruit him out of HS?

stoopified
12/29/2010, 02:55 PM
I realize why we track it. It's interesting to note. But why are we happy when he breaks it? The old record owner was a Sooner, too.Pruitt's been retired for 25 years,he won't add to his stats,why wouldn't you want another Sooner to do better?

I was happy when Ryan started resetting all the recieving ecords at OU,when Murray broke the TD record,when Sam reset OU passing records last year I was thrilled.It is only natural to take note and be excited when OU players do well,even if it means pssing other great Soners for school,NCAA,or NFL marks.AD is the only OU RB who is playing and I want to watch him set records if he can. If someone else comes from OU and breaks any marks AD sets I am fine with that too.

Joe
12/29/2010, 03:36 PM
Some gay ****.

I played in Coach Switzers favorite country singer Henson Cargills' band.

Dexter Manley ain't got **** on you, Leroid.

12/29/2010, 04:58 PM
Pruitt averaged like 9 yards per tote in 71 or 72.

that is sick. Sims was a freak (and much better than Charles White, if he scores and doesn't fumble at NU in '78 he wins the Heisman twice (and we win the NC)) averaging about 7.2.

FIFY

King Crimson
12/29/2010, 05:01 PM
FIFY

78 is right. outside of losing to Kansas in basketball in 88, that is my most painful sports memory. the move Billy puts on the blitzing LB is ridiculous....and then he fumbles.

of course, we crush them in Miami. it would take a lot to convince me Oklahoma wasn't the best team in the nation that year.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2010, 05:21 PM
Dexter Manley ain't got **** on you, Leroid.

You need to take some lessons from StoopTroup.

StoopTroup
12/29/2010, 07:16 PM
You need to take some lessons from StoopTroup.

Another top notch post Leroid....

****OFF DIP****!

Back to the topic at hand

A few other things to consider IMO....Pruitt was wasted and drafted to a Team that was never going to get to a Super Bowl not to mention Win won. Cleveland used him from 1973 to 1981 and finally he made it to a Team that had lots of weapons and was on the Super Bowl Winning LA Raiders. Marcus Allen ended up the MVP of that SB XVIII Game but another Sooner was a part of the Raiders winning that one...Kenny King from OU and Greg Pruitt. Kenny was a big part of the Raiders Offense then and Pruitt was a guy that was an IDOL to many Sooners. An IDOL. Kenny had a great career as a Sooner and got a really good break that Greg didn't. Kenny got picked up by a really good Raiders Team and worked his *** off for the PT he got. Pruitt's career was nearing it's end. Washington Redskins had another Great Sooner on their Team at the Time....Little Joe Washington. It was really cool to watch this Super Bowl as seeing so many great Sooner Players in the biggest Spectacle in Football just wasn't good for the guys in it....but it was good for OU. It doesn't take a brain Surgeon to figure out why. Merely mention those guys names back in the Big 8 days and your opposing Teams Fans remembered them well.

I guess that's really why a good portion of us cheer for guys like AD who continue to play in the Big Time and even though there have been great Players like Barry Sanders who held many records that fans of Detroit and in stoolwater continue to this day to be proud of. Our guys who move on to the NFL and break Records....even the records of past Sooner Greats.....they deserve to be noticed even if they aren't on our Favorite NFL Team and even if we don't care about the NFL anymore. We as Sooners saw them play their hearts out for us and we got to see them achieve their dream of playing in the NFL. To see them be in the next weeks headlines in the NFL is something that doesn't happen very much and to see guys like C.J. Ah You, Remi Ayodele, Mike Balogun, Sam Bradford, Jammal Brown, Chris Chester, Keenan Clayton, Mark Clayton, Jon Cooper, Brody Eldridge, J.J. Finley, Dominique Franks, Kelly Gregg, Jermaine Gresham, Nic Harris, Tommie Harris, Garrett Hartley, Juaquin Iglesias, Clint Ingram, Brian Jackson, Manuel Johnson, Davin Joseph, Malcolm Kelly, Phil Loadholt, Curtis Lofton, Gerald McCoy, Adrian Peterson, Brodney Pool, Duke Robinson, Reggie Smith, Jimmy Wilkerson, Roy L. Williams and Trent Williams on TV reminds many of us of the good times we had rooting the Sooner Teams they were on. Seeing some of them break records even each other's records is not something that just happens....it's another thing they achieve and it deserves notice from Sooner Fans IMO. I don't know how many of these guys who don't make it to the NFL say they are Sooners until the day they die. I know I'll be a Sooner Fan until I die. I'll be rooting everyone of them in the NFL on till the day I die....even if they aren't on the Rams.

12/29/2010, 07:21 PM
78 is right. outside of losing to Kansas in basketball in 88, that is my most painful sports memory. the move Billy puts on the blitzing LB is ridiculous....and then he fumbles.

of course, we crush them in Miami. it would take a lot to convince me Oklahoma wasn't the best team in the nation that year.I think they gave the title to both usuc and Bammer. It was split, if I remember right. We had the best team in both '77 and '78, but screwed up both years...just like in '71, '72 and'73.

We OWNED the '50's and '70's.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2010, 08:10 PM
Another top notch post Leroid....

Ehhh, I didn't put that much effort in it. Certainly far less than it took for you to write the Magna Carta response.

boomermagic
12/29/2010, 09:57 PM

Yeah and he called you WHATEVER..:D

boomermagic
12/29/2010, 10:00 PM
poor Leroy