PDA

View Full Version : Bowl layoff is to long, "some" Uconn fans are officially delusional.

SoonerShay
12/28/2010, 07:49 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6941919

There are Uconn posters in this thread questioning if we are any better than the South Carolina team they beat in their bowl last year. A USC team that was 1 game above .500, had a losing conference record. A team that scored 16 or fewer points 8 times!

Another says the talent gap is only sizable at quarterback. Everywhere else is close to even I guess? A Uconn program that this entire decade has less total draft picks than we have just 1st rounders. We don't even have to include any 2nd to 7th rounders.

Another finds comfort in OUr game with Stanford last year. Because we only beat them by 3, but decidedly outgained them in yardage.

Baylor also said their defense hits hard apparently? Yes, Baylor.

Prepare yourself for the eventual beatdown from the hands of the big boys from the BIGEAST!

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2010, 08:01 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6941919

There are Uconn posters in this thread questioning if we are any better than the South Carolina team they beat in their bowl last year. A USC team that was 1 game above .500, had a losing conference record. A team that scored 16 or fewer points 8 times!

Another says the talent gap is only sizable at quarterback. Everywhere else is close to even I guess? A Uconn program that this entire decade has less total draft picks than we have just 1st rounders. We don't even have to include any 2nd to 7th rounders.

Another finds comfort in OUr game with Stanford last year. Because we only beat them by 3, but decidedly outgained them in yardage.

Baylor also said their defense hits hard apparently? Yes, Baylor.

Prepare yourself for the eventual beatdown from the hands of the big boys from the BIGEAST!

We have more talent. We have played better. We should win.

Will we? We will just have to wait and see.

usaosooner
12/28/2010, 08:02 PM

THIS

silverwheels
12/28/2010, 08:04 PM
Doesn't matter what their fans think or what we think, anyway.

CrimsonRez
12/28/2010, 08:33 PM
The only question that remains is how bad Kenny Stills wants to bake their Corner.

AlboSooner
12/28/2010, 08:34 PM
Many of them are quite realistic.
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6932551

finster
12/28/2010, 08:36 PM
I can't pontificate with those guys, But I am glad we don't play Nebraska this year.
They sound tough.

Cornfed
12/28/2010, 09:16 PM
That was funny.

I allways like to be underestimated.

fadada1
12/28/2010, 09:26 PM
Doesn't matter what their fans think or what we think, anyway.
BLASPHEMY!!!!!
:D

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 09:27 PM
I hope they continue with the positive talk and the smack talk. I like it when we get no respect.

JLEW1818
12/28/2010, 09:28 PM
i wish we would be the ones for once killing somebody in the BCS

we should never ever step off the gas in this game. If we can score 100 points, do it.

soonerloyal
12/28/2010, 09:29 PM
I can't pontificate with those guys, But I am glad we don't play Nebraska this year.
They sound tough.

This. ^^^^ We're DOOOOOOOOOOOMED. :eek:

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 09:30 PM

we should never ever step off the gas in this game. If we can score 100 points, do it.

Your wish will be granted by the Heupel Genie in a few days.

DenverSooner751
12/28/2010, 09:43 PM

I'll take it.

Sooner95
12/28/2010, 09:46 PM
Ditto, if their was ever a time to run it up..this would be the game.

TheLadiesMike
12/28/2010, 09:53 PM
Nebraska has a better defense. Awesome.

BigBoomerInBigD
12/28/2010, 10:11 PM

YES!!
Boomer Sooner Forever.

BigBoomerInBigD
12/28/2010, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=TheLadiesMike;3097078]Nebraska has a better defense. Awesome.[/QUOTE

Pffffft

(that's a poot):D

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 10:17 PM
I hope UConn doesn't have any blackshirts.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/28/2010, 10:20 PM
UConn, what a fraud...

NCState beat Big Least CO-Champ WV handedly tonight, 'nuf said...

finster
12/28/2010, 10:44 PM
I don't mean to scare any SoonerFans but,
I heard they may.............................................TH ROW THE BONES!!!!!

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 10:49 PM
Better get my Tykoon Suit pressed....

VhDsEr6XhNQ

Sooner_Tuf
12/28/2010, 10:56 PM
Baylor and Iowa State :) Uconn fans are in for a big surprise come game time.

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 10:58 PM
Huge.

SoonerOX
12/28/2010, 11:28 PM
Just win and the yapping from those dogs will stop.

Midtowner
12/28/2010, 11:47 PM
Dear UCONN,

We realize that you actually beat South Carolina last year. We understand that your mighty team felled the great West Virginia and South Florida this year. We comprehend that last year's Stanford team was probably a lot like your team is this year and they hung right in there 'til the end. We also know this is a BCS bowl. The obvious conclusion is that we don't have a chance.

So please be nice to our players, they are mostly just a bunch of country boys from Oklahoma and Texas who don't know how awesome it is to live close to real cities. Unlike your players who will probably be working on Wall Street in the near term, our kids need to protect their bodies for potential future professional sports careers. Please be nice to us, don't injure our players, let us play you, lose as usual, collect our checks and retreat back to flyover country. Thanks.

pappy
12/29/2010, 05:22 AM

I like this attitude! I'm all for this!

bmjlr
12/29/2010, 09:18 AM
They state UConn will be the best defense we have played all year? :gary:

TUSooner
12/29/2010, 09:25 AM

Hear this!

w0lfe
12/29/2010, 09:55 AM
Reading that thread 1: put me in a pissy mood 2: makes me realize how stupid Uconn fans can be.. I mean really, this years OU team would win by 30 + points against last years team.. The guy saying that they barely lost because they were missing andrew luck. Well we were missing bradford and gresham and i cant list all the other. But i guess that doesnt matter

SOFSooner
12/29/2010, 10:01 AM
I can't wait for the game, and I hope the Sooners score quickly and often on the huskies. That way I can email a guy that I worked with in Kosovo who was always telling me that uconn was better at everything. I won't say much just the final score, with a huge smiley face.

SOFSooner
12/29/2010, 10:05 AM
No, the people in that thread don't want to contemplate that we won a game against a legitimate NC contender in last year's bowl game without the #1 NFL draft pick, the #24 NFL draft pick and a slew of other starters that were injured during the season, not to mention the lost of one of our starting defensive ends during the game. Can't wait for Saturday, even though it will be 0400 on Sunday morning here, I will be up wearing all my OU gear.

SoonerE
12/29/2010, 10:09 AM
If OUr boys are even near as fired up as we are, somebody is going to get hurt...

:pop: It can't get here soon enOUgh .. But I'll sure hate for it to be over.
:(

btb916
12/29/2010, 10:09 AM
I think UCONN will be prepared and will play well.

But those fans that are discounting our season are wrong. We've played a very tough schedule with a host of freshmen starting. We've just beat one of the best defenses in the country in a knock-down drag out fight where we came from 17 points behind. We beat one of the best offenses in the country in what turned out to be a shoot-out on the road. In both of those games, our opponents were very motivated to win--OSU would have had a chance for their first Big 12 title and BSC bowl. NU wanted to go out of the Big 12 with a win really badly and could have gone to a BCS game.

They can point to our close game against Cinci all they want. First, it was early in the year. Second, Cinci really, really wanted to beat us. They did NOT have the same level of motivation when they played...UCONN. Sorry, it's just a fact that top-flight programs get every program's best shot.

Now, having said that, UCONN's four losses were all early in the season (and their RB was apparently injured in one loss) and from then on they have won out. They will not be a pushover.

But ultimately, I think that this team, though young, is mentally tough, physically gifted, and most of all, hungry to win. If this game is tight in the fourth, these guys have been there and know they can still win. Plus we definitely have the firepower to come back.

One of their posters said OU is 2-2 when not scoring first. One thing to note is that those 2 wins came against OSU (correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think OSU scored first?) and NU. Last two games of the season. On the road (essentially). So even if UCONN scores first, I won't be worried.

So, on paper, I think some of those fans are just trying to convince themselves that OU is not as good as we really are. But once the guys all get out on the field? All bets are off.

My Opinion Matters
12/29/2010, 10:11 AM
On one hand it's hard to be overconfident going into a BCS game given our recent history in BCS games.

On the other hand we're playing we're playing UConn. UConn.

KantoSooner
12/29/2010, 10:14 AM
It seems like UConn folks are pinning a lot on:

1) The ability of their Oline to 'wear down' our Defense
and
2) The ability of their D to create turnovers
and
3) The ability of their QB to 'light up' our D secondary

They have a good Oline. Their D has enjoyed late season success in creating turnovers. They have played something like the 70th hardest schedule in the country against our #3 rated season. I fail to see any grounds for the first two assumptions.
As to their passing game, their QB has not 'lit up' anyone. Ever. His balls float wearily to a point approximately 1 yard behind his receivers. I want him to throw. All day. Our Dbacks may still be running back ints late next week if so.

Enough of East coast pretender-ism. I want this game to happen now.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2010, 12:24 PM
i think its funny to think that there is a football fan out that thinks we have hit damn near every defense this year for at least one "illegal substitution" penalty per game but some how uconn will get away with it because if they get one, we will too because we will have to substitute too resulting in an illegal procedure penalty....

thier offense is about 70% runningback and he looks nowhere close to toby gearhart and we held him damn near 50 yards under his average.

i think we are going to "pants them" on national television.

Jacie
12/29/2010, 12:45 PM
Nebraska has a better defense. Awesome.

From what I can surmise, Nebraska has a better offense . . .

SoonerLB
12/29/2010, 01:26 PM
Dear yankee bastages, please have your players wash their hands thouroughly, because they are about to get their azzes handed to 'em.
That is all. :D

SoonerShay
12/29/2010, 01:41 PM
Dear UCONN,

We realize that you actually beat South Carolina last year. We understand that your mighty team felled the great West Virginia and South Florida this year. We comprehend that last year's Stanford team was probably a lot like your team is this year and they hung right in there 'til the end. We also know this is a BCS bowl. The obvious conclusion is that we don't have a chance.

So please be nice to our players, they are mostly just a bunch of country boys from Oklahoma and Texas who don't know how awesome it is to live close to real cities. Unlike your players who will probably be working on Wall Street in the near term, our kids need to protect their bodies for potential future professional sports careers. Please be nice to us, don't injure our players, let us play you, lose as usual, collect our checks and retreat back to flyover country. Thanks.

This is essentially how I feel, but put a lot more eloquently. I just ask that when Uconn gets up by about 30 in the 3rd quarter, from running it down OUr throats for 500 yards of course. That they could start taking knees so as not to make us look so bad.

We haven't seen a team this physical upfront since we faced some of those Nebraska teams in the 90's.

madillsoonerfan5353
12/29/2010, 02:23 PM
The only question that remains is how bad Kenny Stills, Cam Kenney, and RB85 wants to bake their Corners.

FIFY!

Sooner_Tuf
12/29/2010, 02:36 PM
We need to take into account they are bringing a Big East Defense to the game. We haven't seen anything like that unless maybe it was Iowa State's D.

They do have a passing game. They complete about 40% of their passes for about 115 ypg. Remember they are playing in the Big East, so those teams know how to play D.

They are right about one thing. We did get lucky last year that Andrew Luck didn't play. He is a major upgrade from the guy we faced.

Soonermagik
12/29/2010, 03:28 PM
The more I look at this game, the more I see the mismatch.

This isn't an undefeated Boise State team, this isn't a one play away from the national championship West Virginia team. They certainly aren't NC caliber. This team has lost 4 games and truly doesn't have the athletes that OU has. OU's offense will be the difference.

Personally, I will be shocked if OU doesn't win by 3 touchdowns. Uconn isn't that good. The guy who was glad that they drew OU instead of Nebraska is going to be sorry after Saturday. I think this is a game where they put the gas pedal down and don't let up.

KantoSooner
12/29/2010, 04:05 PM
Basically you are correct, Magik.

The one point where I would perhaps disagree is that I believe we are going to be very happy with our Defense. Not that the O will play badly, just that 85 yard bombs sailing over the heads of their DB's into the waiting hands of our receivers who are 15 yards clear will get boring.

I think our D matches up very nicely and a shut-out is entirely possible.

I can also see a scenario in which their run game is not working and they have to throw. Their QB lofts the ball and with the speed in our secondary, it is not illogical to look at 5-10 interceptions on the day.

The game will be won in our players' minds. They could sleepwalk and lose; but it would OU beating OU.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2010, 04:38 PM
The game will be won in our players' minds. They could sleepwalk and lose; but it would OU beating OU.

If they win, they won. No excuses.

ouwasp
12/29/2010, 04:41 PM
If they win, they won. No excuses.

Yeah, unless the Pac-10 officials make their presence known...

KantoSooner
12/29/2010, 04:41 PM
And, if he was high on meth, I could likely whup up on Andre Agassi in tennis.

It would say more about Andre, and meth, though, than it would about my chances on the pro tennis circuit.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2010, 05:36 PM
And, if he was high on meth, I could likely whup up on Andre Agassi in tennis.

It would say more about Andre, and meth, though, than it would about my chances on the pro tennis circuit.

If we have to suspend ten starters from our team because of meth, you have a point. But the last time I looked, the two teams are coming in at pretty much full strength.

No excuses.

Jello Biafra
12/29/2010, 05:39 PM
If we have to suspend ten starters from our team because of meth, you have a point. But the last time I looked, the two teams are coming in at pretty much full strength.

No excuses.

cmon now....we ARE missing our number 3 running back and our number 1 DT

BoomerJack
12/29/2010, 05:46 PM
iwe should never ever step off the gas in this game. If we can score 100 points, do it.

That would certainly be a good start to the New Year!!

pappy
12/29/2010, 07:24 PM
I still say they're getting football and women's basketball confused. it is basketball season and that's they're thing. They're just getting the sports mixed up.

...or they're idiots...or both.

SoonerShay
12/29/2010, 07:35 PM
I've learned the deal with the inevitable, The Conn will smash us straight in the face! There is nothing we can do about it people. Stay drunk all through new years, so you won't have to endure this beating.

Sooner_Tuf
12/29/2010, 08:52 PM
They do have a good O-Line and they have been able to run block well. They have a good RB. They have a better kicking game than we do.

They come from the Big East, it's hard to imagine they have a lot of top athletes but time will answer that one. Randy Edsall is a really good coach but certainly not better than Bob Stoops.

yankee
12/29/2010, 11:16 PM

I want Stoops to run train on Edsal. Embarrass this team right back to Storrs with their tail between their legs.

DominoMaximo
12/29/2010, 11:31 PM
I agree the BOWL layoff is extremely too long. I could handle 2 weeks, but 3 weeks and for some teams an entire month?

For some people it is a 1 game round robin between different conference opponents to determine the best conference.

Forget what a team did for 12 to 13 games during the regular season, this 1 game circa 30 days later determines how good your conference and team is... :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
12/31/2010, 10:50 AM
UConn video here....last practice...blah blah....longwhorn brazilian steak dinners....lol

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/conn-m-footbl-mtt.html#coaches

Checkout the media day video. I like Eric Mensiks take on the game about being favored and then his pose in front of the Fiesta Bowl Trophy....kind of a "None of you losers are taking this this from us this time!" kind of pose. I like our attitudes.

OU_Sooners75
1/1/2011, 08:52 PM
bump

btb916
1/2/2011, 02:42 AM
Well I didn't want to get myself all pumped up for a huge victory and count my chickens before they hatched, but now...

we kicked that azz tonight, UCONN!

We mighta only beat Cinci by 2, but we beat you by 2+26. That's a big number right? :D