PDA

View Full Version : Has OU offered any juco football players?

soonerfan28
12/28/2010, 11:36 AM
I was just curious if OU has offered any juco players? Seems like they could use immediate help for depth at DT next season.

KiiDSooNER
12/28/2010, 12:40 PM
I'd say we aren't looking at any JUCO players, especially at defensive tackle. Here's a look our DT situation for next year.

JaMarkus McFarland - Junior
Casey Walker - Junior
Stacey McGee - Junior
*David King - Junior (Could he possibly convert next season?)
Daniel Noble - Sophomore
Eric Humphrey - RS Freshman
Torrea Peterson - RS Freshman
Damon Williams - RS Freshman
Marquis Anderson - TFreshman (Early Enrollee)
Jordan Wade - TFreshman
Jordan Phillips - TFreshman

If anything, Bob will play the best guys out there and go from there.

yankee
12/28/2010, 03:47 PM
I think DT is going to be one of the strengths of the defense next season.

IronHorseSooner
12/28/2010, 08:50 PM
I think DT is going to be one of the strengths of the defense next season.

I tend to agree, and none of them will be seniors. We should be good there for a few years.

dwarthog
12/29/2010, 09:30 AM
I tend to agree, and none of them will be seniors. We should be good there for a few years.

Ditto, that is a very nice list indeed. We have a nice mix of upper vs lower class as well.

IronHorseSooner
12/29/2010, 10:22 AM
However, I don't think that David King should move inside. At 6'5", 259 (and he should get stronger), he would be a pass rush nightmare on the outside.

The same can be said of the DE position:

Frank Alexander, Sr.
Ronnell Lewis, Jr.
David King, Jr.
RJ Washington, Jr.
Chuka Ndulue, RFr.
Geneo Grissom, RFr.
Jarrett Brown, So.
Nathan Hughes, TFr.
Cooper Washington, TFr.

We will lose only Big Frank after this season, but that talent behind him is pretty darn good!

Since71ASooner4Life
12/31/2010, 07:50 AM
We will lose only Big Frank after this season, but that talent behind him is pretty darn good!

Don't be so sure about that. With NFL lockout looming, there might be plenty of underclassmen who decide they are better off staying

pappy
12/31/2010, 08:10 AM
Don't be so sure about that. With NFL lockout looming, there might be plenty of underclassmen who decide they are better off staying

I think he means after his senior season...probably meant to say next season.

pappy
12/31/2010, 08:11 AM
I'd say we aren't looking at any JUCO players, especially at defensive tackle. Here's a look our DT situation for next year.

JaMarkus McFarland - Junior
Casey Walker - Junior
Stacey McGee - Junior
*David King - Junior (Could he possibly convert next season?)
Daniel Noble - Sophomore
Eric Humphrey - RS Freshman
Torrea Peterson - RS Freshman
Damon Williams - RS Freshman
Marquis Anderson - TFreshman (Early Enrollee)
Jordan Wade - TFreshman
Jordan Phillips - TFreshman

If anything, Bob will play the best guys out there and go from there.

I see this being a strength next season...I doubt King is moved to DT too small and he will probably be starting at de anyway opposite frank alexander.

KiiDSooNER
12/31/2010, 11:54 AM
I see this being a strength next season...I doubt King is moved to DT too small and he will probably be starting at de anyway opposite frank alexander.

Pryce Macon played DT towards the end of the year and played well. I'm sure if King puts on a couple of pounds, he could make the move to DT if needed. I expect our starting defensive ends next year to be Alexander and Lewis with Grissom, King, Washington and another young guy rotating.

Desert Sapper
1/14/2011, 09:17 AM
Ronnell Lewis is going to be unstoppable if he can stay healthy. Our DL rotation next year and our LBs will be dominant. I'm curious about the safeties. Q Carter is the irreplaceable guy this year.