PDA

View Full Version : I'm pulling for Missouri but how about osu and neb?

sendbaht
12/28/2010, 04:23 AM
I love the Big 12 and really want them to win all their bowl games.

Will pull for MissOUri...

I'm sure i'll pull for osu but if they lose, well ok, whatever. I DO KNOW they would NEVER pull for us so that makes me want them to lose. But, I love the State of Oklahoma and they do have it in their name.

neb...they are still a Big 12 team so will pull for them, but again of they lose ok so what...Bye Bye...

OU well that is a given.... Boomer Sooner!!

Okie35
12/28/2010, 04:26 AM
I picked Missouri but I don't care if they win or lose. If they do lose it will be funny because of all the stuff Iowa is going through.

MrJimBeam
12/28/2010, 04:45 AM
I will not root for Mizzou. I will root for Wash. And if the Aggies win Meh, if they lose BAAWAAHAHAHAAHHHAAAAAHAHA!!

oudavid1
12/28/2010, 05:04 AM
No matter what our conference does, its always going to be S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C, so i want OSU and texas to lose every game they play. But i did pick Missouri so i hope they win.

WA. Sooner
12/28/2010, 05:58 AM
Will root for all big 12 Nebraska is NOT big 12 anymore so I hope they looses

King Barry's Back
12/28/2010, 07:00 AM
No matter what our conference does, its always going to be S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C, so i want OSU and texas to lose every game they play. But i did pick Missouri so i hope they win.

Yeah, come bowl season, I usually find myself in a dilemma -- cheer for TX to help the Big XII's reputation, or root against them because I hate the lousy bastards.

Kind of nice to be free of such distractions this season.

ouwino
12/28/2010, 08:16 AM
i am pulling for all the big 12 teams. always do except for texas. this year i dont have to worry about them lol. however, it would be funny as heck if nebraska got spanked this year. TRAITORS!

soonerloyal
12/28/2010, 08:51 AM
Yeah, come bowl season, I usually find myself in a dilemma -- cheer for TX to help the Big XII's reputation, or root against them because I hate the lousy bastards.

This. ^^^^

I think I picked all Big 12 teams this season, but I can't remember who I picked Arizona vs. OSU. I'm a bit torn. It is Mike Stoops after all vs. a bedowngraded man who's in his forties.

I don't mind rooting for the Huskers one bit. I hope they put up some serious numbers on the board.

Soonerjeepman
12/28/2010, 09:05 AM
I actually "root" in a non-energetic way for the Big 12...SOLELY for OU's reputation...we beat them who beat blah blah blah...

Except this yr...NO nebraska...after they bolted....

honestly I feel about mu/ksu/ku that you guys down south feel about osu and ut...if they win...good grief...can't shut them up....

guess all the schools can win by 1 in overtime...

VA Sooner
12/28/2010, 09:12 AM
I'll root for the teams we've already beaten. Helps our strength of schedule in hindsight.

Texas A&M over LSU... hate Les Miles more.

Mizzou... tough one.

Both of these losses when we didn't have good coverage in the middle... we solidified our defense when Box and the Hammer came back.

SoonerBacker
12/28/2010, 09:35 AM
I'll pull for Arizona over the pukes because of the Stoops connection, if nothing else. That and the fact that I hate the pukes on general principles.
Nebraska, Mizzou, I really don't care one way or the other. * - not an issue this year!

sooner518
12/28/2010, 10:37 AM
at the moment, i have no idea. i usually find myself rooting subconciously while watching the game. could care less about our conference doing well.

85sooners
12/28/2010, 10:43 AM
Ou baby!!

SC Sooner
12/28/2010, 10:48 AM
I don't have any problem with pulling for Missouri; but there are other teams I wouldn't pull for with the exception being that one of their wins improves OU's ranking or position toward a National Championship!

Who are they? Glad you asked. In no particular order:

Whorns
Pokies
Golden Domers
'canes
Trojans
any Lou Holtz coached team (well, formerly)
Les U

oumartin
12/28/2010, 10:52 AM
I'm gonna pull for Texas in their....oh wait.

rekamrettuB
12/28/2010, 10:54 AM

Well you don't have to worry about it this year....HEEEEEEEYYYYYYYOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2010, 11:04 AM
I don't have any problem with pulling for Missouri; but there are other teams I wouldn't pull for with the exception being that one of their wins improves OU's ranking or position toward a National Championship!

Golden Domers
'canes

Hmmm....

PLaw
12/28/2010, 11:25 AM
In the bowl games, I pull for Oklahoma teams; then the Big 12 (less texas); then 'zona; then teams OU beat and then that's about it.

I definitely root against the SEC, ND, and tOSU. When conflicts arise, I pull for the team that a win for them would most positively impact OU.

BOOMER

ouwasp
12/28/2010, 11:37 AM
I don't really get into "rooting" for most other Big XII teams. I just don't particularly care... if they win, fine, if they lose, who cares...

Of course I always want osu and tex to lose. Don't have to worry about :texan: this yr. I expect osu to win big :( . Still kinda like Nebraska... but I gotta admit I'd be tickled a little if they somehow lost...

tfoolry
12/28/2010, 12:05 PM
Bob Stoops is for Iowa so I'm for Iowa. Fu$k Mizzou as they don't want to be in the Big 12 anyway.

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2010, 12:06 PM
Bob Stoops is for Iowa so I'm for Iowa.

:rolleyes:

SpankyNek
12/28/2010, 12:14 PM
Always root for the Big XII...osu will be the exception this year due to the Mike Stoops factor.

OULenexaman
12/28/2010, 12:16 PM
**** all three of 'em...

usaosooner
12/28/2010, 12:22 PM
Nebraska is dead to me.. Missouri can properly off themselves as well (remember there flirting, pissing and moaning started this mess) I'm for Mike.. Basically I only care about OU...

tfoolry
12/28/2010, 12:23 PM
Always root for the Big XII...osu will be the exception this year due to the Mike Stoops factor.

Mike Stoops will be rooting for Iowa too so I'm for Iowa.

cantwait48
12/28/2010, 12:54 PM
Not sure who I am pulling for but I am interested in seeing how the big 12 and big east does in some of the games the next few days.

stoopified
12/28/2010, 12:55 PM
I'm hoping osu gets throttled and I couldn't give a rat's a$$ what happens in any other game besides the Fiesta Bowl.

IslandSooner
12/28/2010, 01:02 PM
I will not be rooting for Mizzou after the way their fans treated my family and I, as well as other Sooner fans around us, in Columbia this year....... Nor will I ever return to Columbia....

Okie35
12/28/2010, 01:07 PM

Why? Even though this year the Big XII will probably have the best record in the bowls.

CowboyMRW
12/28/2010, 01:10 PM
I put a lot of confidence points in OU and OSU so I need them to win. I picked Mizzou and Nebraska in landslides but wouldn't mind seeing them lose. My biggest hatred in the Big 12 is AnM so I want them to get donkey-stomped by 100.

The Big 12 drew easy matchups and I only see 1 potential loss and that is AnM

Okie35
12/28/2010, 01:14 PM
I put a lot of confidence points in OU and OSU so I need them to win. I picked Mizzou and Nebraska in landslides but wouldn't mind seeing them lose. My biggest hatred in the Big 12 is AnM so I want them to get donkey-stomped by 100.

The Big 12 drew easy matchups and I only see 1 potential loss and that is AnM

I don't think they'll lose that now that LSU's best RB Ridley is not going to play. Von Miller is going to be in Jefferson's face all game.

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 01:33 PM
I don't know who any of those teams are.

OULenexaman
12/28/2010, 01:34 PM
I will not be rooting for Mizzou after the way their fans treated my family and I, as well as other Sooner fans around us, in Columbia this year....... Nor will I ever return to Columbia....

I had a very bad time there once myself back in 2002 and I have never gone back. Hell the ushers in the stadium even treated OU fans differently. A different set of rules...:mad:

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 01:41 PM
I had a very bad time there once myself back in 2002 and I have never gone back. Hell the ushers in the stadium even treated OU fans differently. A different set of rules...:mad:

If folks in Norman treated Mizzou Fans even half as badly as the Mizzou Fans treat OU fans when they go up to Columbia.....they would call the Missouri National Guard to come save them.

CowboyMRW
12/28/2010, 02:50 PM
I don't think they'll lose that now that LSU's best RB Ridley is not going to play. Von Miller is going to be in Jefferson's face all game.

But on the reverse, I don't see AnM moving the ball at all, much less getting in the end zone. ST goes to LSU as I think LSU will bust a big one. Coaching is definitely in favor of LSU. You may hate Les but he's head and shoulders above Shermie. I personally think Shermie is one of the worst in the Big 12

OK2U
12/28/2010, 03:27 PM

Coach Stoops held a team vote following Monday's practice and roughly 60 of the players elected to attend tonight's Insight Bowl between Iowa and Missouri. The game will be played in Tempe at Sun Devil Stadium (Arizona State's field).

Cornfed
12/28/2010, 03:29 PM
I usually root for Nebbish to win their bowl, never texas, and occationally oSu.

The allways lose list to me is... 1 All SEC
2 Texas
3 USC
4 Notre Dame

None of these will ever get my affection.

OUthunder
12/28/2010, 03:55 PM
Nebraska and there fans can go **** themselves.

Missouri and there fan can go **** themselves.

Texas and there fans can still go **** themselves even though they're sitting at home playing UNO during Bowl season.

K-State and there classless fans can go **** themselves.

Texas Tech...heh.

OSU...heh.

GO BAYLOR!!!

C&CDean
12/28/2010, 04:07 PM
Momma is from Iowa so I'll be pulling for Iowa. Besides, those tweakers up in Columbia deserve to get pounded.

My first alma mater is Arizona. Plus Stoops. Minus OSU. So go Cats!

olevetonahill
12/28/2010, 04:11 PM
Yup Ima be pullin fer the Cats.

budbarrybob
12/28/2010, 05:51 PM
OU yes. All others... f'em.

I Am Right
12/28/2010, 07:07 PM
No, No and osu hell NO!

MyT Oklahoma
12/28/2010, 08:28 PM
I've always cheered for every other Big 8/Big 12 team in bowl games except for * the past two years.

That doesn't mean I like any of them but it makes our conference look stronger if they all win.

However, I rarely watch other Big 12 teams bowl games because I just don't give a f about watching anyone but my Sooners. So sue me.