PDA

View Full Version : Obama Embraces 'Death Panel' Concept in Medicare Rule

soonercruiser
12/27/2010, 06:00 PM
Obama Embraces 'Death Panel' Concept in Medicare RuleSunday, 26 Dec 2010 06:41 PM Article Font Size

During the stormy debate over his healthcare plan, President Barack Obama promised his program would not "pull the plug on grandma," and Congress dropped plans for death panels and "end of life" counseling that would encourage aged patients from partaking in costly medical procedures.
Opponents of Obama's plan, including former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, dubbed such efforts as "death panels" that would encourage euthanasia.

But on Dec. 3, the Obama administration seemingly flouted the will of Congress by issuing a new Medicare regulation detailing "voluntary advance care planning" that is to be included during patients' annual checkups. The regulation aimed at the aged "may include advance directives to forgo aggressive life-sustaining treatment," The New York Times reported.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/obama-death-panels-medicare/2010/12/26/id/381043?s=al&promo_code=B5BF-1

Imagine that!!??
Obama flouting the will of the people!!
:rolleyes:
LIAR!!

The
12/27/2010, 06:01 PM
Some people need to be death paneled.

JohnnyMack
12/27/2010, 06:02 PM
Charles Manson. Lady Gaga. Ted Bundy.

The
12/27/2010, 06:02 PM
People that pimp $10,000 cars.

soonerscuba
12/27/2010, 06:10 PM
http://imgur.com/xQDYT.jpg

Midtowner
12/27/2010, 06:11 PM
For profit insurance companies already do this. But they do it with a profit motive, so here's one instance where you can probably have more faith in the soulless government bureaucrat doing the right thing.

StoopTroup
12/27/2010, 06:12 PM
Would you rather your Kids make the decision? You know....if they were just waiting to inherit your estate? :D

I want a panel dammit! :D

StoopTroup
12/27/2010, 06:14 PM
For profit insurance companies already do this. But they do it with a profit motive, so here's one instance where you can probably have more faith in the soulless government bureaucrat doing the right thing.

Pat Robertson....OU Fan? Wow! :D

2121Sooner
12/27/2010, 06:14 PM
People that pimp $10,000 cars.

http://www.yodawgyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2448/xzibit-happy-480x310.jpg

StoopTroup
12/27/2010, 06:22 PM
What's even better about getting your ride pimped out is having to find an outlet to run all that **** once your parked. You hardly ever hear them talk about what they did to make sure the Alternator in the vehicle had enough power to run the car while they ran all that stuff.....lol

A buddy of mine has a BMW he pimped out the Stereo in. Damn Amps are so hot he has to cool down the trunk to keep the system from crapping out. A couple of extra batteries too. He's got all the wires running neatly throughout the car but had to bore so many holes here and there throughout the car that it would be a mess to have to find parts to get the car back to stock if you ever needed to sell it without all the extras. I need ear plugs to ride with him.

2121Sooner
12/27/2010, 06:24 PM
They should have Xhibit pimp out the Sooner Schooner.

KC//CRIMSON
12/27/2010, 06:49 PM
Remember when Chrysler death panel'd the PT Cruiser?

Good times.

delhalew
12/27/2010, 06:55 PM
Everyone knew what the end goals were back when that circus was taking place. Anyone surprised by that ****stain of a law, deserves it.
People can make fun of Palin for her use of hyperbole, but the fact remains, the entire law is constructed to remove freedom in health care choices from individuals, and place them in the hands of our benevolent federal gub'ment.

Nevermind that though. Your President says have a Coke and a Smile, and STFU!

StoopTroup
12/27/2010, 07:16 PM
Everyone knew what the end goals were back when that circus was taking place. Anyone surprised by that ****stain of a law, deserves it.
People can make fun of Palin for her use of hyperbole, but the fact remains, the entire law is constructed to remove freedom in health care choices from individuals, and place them in the hands of our benevolent federal gub'ment.

Nevermind that though. Your President says have a Coke and a Smile, and STFU!

If you think you have a choice now....you must not have been ill or needed a Doctor or Surgeon. Seriously? Freedom in Healthcare? I find it hard to not call you naive on this one. Sorry. I'd go damn near anywhere if I knew I'd get a Dr. or Surgeon that wasn't practicing with their head buried up their rear. Sure there are still some good Doctors out there but the good ones are so busy that if you needed help immediately....you aren't going to get them unless they work the ER. Most times....you're at the mercy of whoever is there. That's going to be true 99% of the time these days and I don't see it changing anytime soon. The Insurance Companies evidently are ready to give up because they aren't doing anything to make it better.

Viking Kitten
12/27/2010, 07:25 PM
Dear everybody reading this: If you don't already have an advanced directive, you're either in deep denial, incredibly ignorant or just flat-out stupid. Kind of like the authors of the linked article.

If you would like information on what an advanced directive is, click here. (http://www.okbar.org/public/brochures/advancedQA.htm)
Hint: it has nothing to do with death panels.

StoopTroup
12/27/2010, 07:36 PM
Putting a name on Death Panels is good news to get attention but what goes on in Europe from my understanding is that they enacted some laws to help make Euthanasia from happening Kevorkian Style. People who are suffering and want to self terminate are able to do so in some Countries. From the documentaries I saw....the folks who wanted to terminate were required to get counseling or they would be breaking the law. Killing yourself in the US is against the law. The difference between the two is that in the US a Kevorkian assisted euthanasia will put who help you in jail and you can get assistance in this Country by folks who think the laws in our country are stupid and in need of change. In Europe...the Counseling is to make sure you don't leave a mess and that everything is well throughout so that your ending doesn't become something you decided to do next week. It takes Months and sometimes Years to get approval to euthanize.

It's against my principles and I don't think people should do it but I also think a lot of folks don't accept my or other people's principles which is a part of this Country's greatness....the freedom of choice.

If you were to put some folks in charge of processing Euthanasia in this Country without a system that was well thought out and took a good long look into what the circumstances were regarding a request to get an OK to euthanize...you would indeed see a senseless slaughter of people such as Dr. Kevorkian has done or maybe even worse. This kind of Law shouldn't be a system to help empty nursing homes...ever.

I Am Right
12/27/2010, 07:56 PM
Some people need to be death paneled.

That's awful Stalnist of you!

usaosooner
12/27/2010, 08:31 PM
Dear everybody reading this: If you don't already have an advanced directive, you're either in deep denial, incredibly ignorant or just flat-out stupid. Kind of like the authors of the linked article.

If you would like information on what an advanced directive is, click here. (http://www.okbar.org/public/brochures/advancedQA.htm)

this

yermom
12/27/2010, 09:24 PM

think Terry Schaivo here

soonercruiser
12/27/2010, 09:44 PM
If you think you have a choice now....you must not have been ill or needed a Doctor or Surgeon. Seriously? Freedom in Healthcare? I find it hard to not call you naive on this one. Sorry. I'd go damn near anywhere if I knew I'd get a Dr. or Surgeon that wasn't practicing with their head buried up their rear. Sure there are still some good Doctors out there but the good ones are so busy that if you needed help immediately....you aren't going to get them unless they work the ER. Most times....you're at the mercy of whoever is there. That's going to be true 99% of the time these days and I don't see it changing anytime soon. The Insurance Companies evidently are ready to give up because they aren't doing anything to make it better.

That shows you really don't understrand the "system".
#1 - my doctor wanted me to have knee surgery, and I talked them out of it, with extended conservative therapy. (government PCP)
#2 - The major drug companies and insurance companies were IN THE SECRET MEETINGS ON HEALTHCARE WITH THE DEMONCRATS! DUH!
So, now the AARP in reward for helpingh Obama gets the ability to sell more Medicare supplement insurance plans!
SEIU - another buddy of Obamna and the healthcare bill, just cut healthcare coverage for the CHILDREN OF THEIR LOW WAGE EMPLOYEES!!! DUH!
"Costs too much"!!!
***Corrupt union leadership working with the DEMONcratic leadership to sell their own employees down the river!!!

soonercruiser
12/27/2010, 09:47 PM
think Terry Schaivo here

THIS!

yermom
12/27/2010, 09:48 PM
"death panels" and living wills, etc... aren't the same thing

delhalew
12/27/2010, 10:46 PM
ST calling me naive...

The only time I have experienced anything less than total control over my medical practitioner was my wife's workmans comp case. What do you expect when it's not your money?
The only problem I have is with my control over how I choose to pay for services. If I were more wealthy, I could go to the best and pay however I damn well please. As a working stiff, I need the government to allow me to participate in a high deductible hedge against catastrophic illness, whilst building a non-taxable medical savings account. That makes the most sense for my family. That of course, returns consumers to a place of responsibility to shop for services that fit their needs. So naturally, Obama and the rest of the democrats are against it.
Other than financial restraints, I experience complete freedom in my medical decisions. If your insurance policy makes that difficult, then you should support a restructuring of the business model, but NEVER consider putting the government in charge.

delhalew
12/27/2010, 10:47 PM

soonercruiser
12/27/2010, 11:05 PM
"death panels" and living wills, etc... aren't the same thing

Granted, the use of the term "death panels" is not an accurate association in this case.
But, what is important is two issues:
#1 - That Obama an his minions lie, LIE, about evertything that they want against the will of the people; they will lie and scheme, and get it done some way. The administration's new "rule" places into effect what he and the Demoncrats promised not to have in the healthcare bill.
#2 - If the object of the exercise is getting more people, better healthcare, at lower cost, why would you pass a rule that MANDATES and PAYS physicians to offer "End Of Life Counselling" to the elderly???
a) It will an increase cost if many more ANNUAL counsellings are done!! Won't it??
But, b) their hope is that many elderly will sign EOL directives that will prematurely end their lives, thus saving the government and the healthcare system (and insurance companies) more procedures and some money in the long run. Gee! Maybe the government could even get them to donate their organs, and make some more money!! Think so??

Viking Kitten
12/27/2010, 11:09 PM
Granted, the use of the term "death panels" is not an accurate association in this case.

Then why in God's name would you start a thread titled "Obama Embraces 'Death Panel' Concept in Medicare Rule"?

GKeeper316
12/28/2010, 02:51 AM
look at the quality of life... if you're 98 years old and you get some disease that will make you nothing but a burden on your family and society at large, why would you want to fight for just a couple more years, knowing that your fight will cost your family hundreds of thousands of dollars?

i'd rather have them pull the damn plug on me than not be able to wipe my own *** or take a shower without worrying if i'll make it back out of the tub... but that's just me.

SCOUT
12/28/2010, 02:56 AM
look at the quality of life... if you're 98 years old and you get some disease that will make you nothing but a burden on your family and society at large, why would you want to fight for just a couple more years, knowing that your fight will cost your family hundreds of thousands of dollars?

i'd rather have them pull the damn plug on me than not be able to wipe my own *** or take a shower without worrying if i'll make it back out of the tub... but that's just me.

The question is, what is the age and well being of that person. My Grandfather re-shingled his own roof at 97. What about the 50 year old who has such a debilitating disease that their life is miserable. Who determines whether or not it is worth it? Some sort of panel would have to be formed, don't you think?

yermom
12/28/2010, 03:07 AM
while that might be the logical conclusion, that's not the wording that is coming out on this and being pushed as "death panels"

what the article is talking about is "advanced directives" so that someone like Terry Schaivo might have made a record of her wishes before she didn't have the mental faculties to make the decision

what me and VK are taking issue with is all this "against the will of the people" crap. that's just fear mongering and changing or misapplying definitions to suit their cause to stir up ****

The
12/28/2010, 08:57 AM
while that might be the logical conclusion, that's not the wording that is coming out on this and being pushed as "death panels"

what the article is talking about is "advanced directives" so that someone like Terry Schaivo might have made a record of her wishes before she didn't have the mental faculties to make the decision

what me and VK are taking issue with is all this "against the will of the people" crap. that's just fear mongering and changing or misapplying definitions to suit their cause to stir up ****

STOP BEING REASONABLE. THERE'S AN ATHIEST MUSLIN IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

SCOUT
12/28/2010, 09:47 AM

I understand and agree with you. I was addressing GKeeper's specific post and having a little fun with the wording.

texaspokieokie
12/28/2010, 11:14 AM
Charles Manson. Lady Gaga. Ted Bundy.

isn't ted bundy already dead ??

saucysoonergal
12/28/2010, 11:18 AM
Newmax? heh.

JohnnyMack
12/28/2010, 11:21 AM
isn't ted bundy already dead ??

See. They're working.

texaspokieokie
12/28/2010, 11:25 AM
See. They're working.

yep, since at least 1989.

texaspokieokie
12/28/2010, 11:29 AM
if i ever become a veggie like Terry Schiavo, please ,somebody, pull the plug !!!!!!!

don't let me lay there for 10 to 15 years,or whatever, throw me away.

(i'm not there yet)

Frozen Sooner
12/28/2010, 11:51 AM
if i ever become a veggie like Terry Schiavo, please ,somebody, pull the plug !!!!!!!

don't let me lay there for 10 to 15 years,or whatever, throw me away.

(i'm not there yet)

DEATH PANEL!!!

Seriously, though, is there anyone who thinks having an advance directive is a bad idea? Jeez, the Alabama Bar Association will even set one up for you for free they're such a good idea. If you don't have one, you should look into it. Even if the advance directive is "Keep my *** alive as long as humanly possibly PLSTHX."

olevetonahill
12/28/2010, 12:00 PM
Done told my Kids to keep my *** alive as long as possible. hell they might find a cure fer what ails me 10 minutes after Yall pull the ****in plug :P

Frozen Sooner
12/28/2010, 12:01 PM
That'd be AWESOME.

olevetonahill
12/28/2010, 12:08 PM
That'd be AWESOME.

:D

JohnnyMack
12/28/2010, 12:17 PM
Done told my Kids to keep my *** alive as long as possible. hell they might find a cure fer what ails me 10 minutes after Yall pull the ****in plug :P

Well the OVJ has already got you about 90% embalmed, you should keep fer quite a while.

olevetonahill
12/28/2010, 12:21 PM
Well the OVJ has already got you about 90% embalmed, you should keep fer quite a while.

;)

TUSooner
12/28/2010, 12:41 PM

C'mon, VK. Have you no respect for what the SO is all about ?! You know facts just inhibit a lot of entertaining rants. If people start actually reading stuff and understanding it, they might have to STFU instead of going ballistic and accusing people of nonsense.

Otherwise...
Only a paranoid and ignorant di**** would jump to the conclusion that voluntary advance directives are a tool of government-sponsored euthansia. When **** goes in your brain, it always seems to come out on the SO. :rolleyes:

Frozen Sooner
12/28/2010, 12:45 PM
C'mon, VK. Have you no respect for what the SO is all about ?! You know facts just inhibit a lot of entertaining rants. If people start actually reading stuff and understanding it, they might have to STFU instead of going ballistic and accusing people of nonsense.

Otherwise...
Only a paranoid and ignorant di**** would jump to the conclusion that voluntary advance directives are a tool of government-sponsored euthansia. When **** goes in your brain, it always seems to come out on the SO. :rolleyes:

What always gets me is the really loony ones always seem to sound and type the same. It's like they go to some school to learn how to randomly capitalize words, spew out sentence fragments, and make false associations.

soonerscuba
12/28/2010, 01:03 PM
It's all lies, but entertaining lies, and in the end, isn't that the real truth?

Viking Kitten
12/28/2010, 01:06 PM
LIES. LIES!

soonercruiser
12/28/2010, 10:21 PM
Then why in God's name would you start a thread titled "Obama Embraces 'Death Panel' Concept in Medicare Rule"?

Duh! Because that was actually the title of the article.....like it or not!
Some law against it?
Start your own thread if you have another angle.
I though it would get some attention from the Left!
After all, the Demoncrats ARE the "Party of Death"!
...Party of LIES!
....party of broken promises....
....:(

soonercruiser
12/28/2010, 10:31 PM
DEATH PANEL!!!

Seriously, though, is there anyone who thinks having an advance directive is a bad idea? Jeez, the Alabama Bar Association will even set one up for you for free they're such a good idea. If you don't have one, you should look into it. Even if the advance directive is "Keep my *** alive as long as humanly possibly PLSTHX."

Geesh! What's the matter with you people... doesn't the truth mean anything anymore???
1. Obama and the Dems promised it out of the healthcare bill, and put it back in play with a Medicare "ruling". The majority of Amercian people wanted it out!
2. GMAFB! Is there anything wrong with incentivizing docs to counsel and charge for it, ANUALLY??? And, in the same breath make decisions other that will likely limit other medically necessary treatments?
I thought the program was about reducing costs?
Pushing the issue annually will likely result many earlier deaths. Just what the libs want?

I return to my original point - LIES!

Obama Embraces 'Death Panel' Concept in Medicare Rule
Sunday, 26 Dec 2010 06:41 PM Article Font Size

During the stormy debate over his healthcare plan, President Barack Obama promised his program would not "pull the plug on grandma," and Congress dropped plans for death panels and "end of life" counseling that would encourage aged patients from partaking in costly medical procedures.Opponents of Obama's plan, including former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, dubbed such efforts as "death panels" that would encourage euthanasia.

But on Dec. 3, the Obama administration seemingly flouted the will of Congress by issuing a new Medicare regulation detailing "voluntary advance care planning" that is to be included during patients' annual checkups. The regulation aimed at the aged "may include advance directives to forgo aggressive life-sustaining treatment," The New York Times reported.
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/obam...mo_code=B5BF-1

yermom
12/28/2010, 10:49 PM
"pulling the plug on grandma" and pulling the plug on brain-dead grandma are different things

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 10:51 PM
"pulling the plug on grandma" and pulling the plug on brain-dead grandma are different things

Especially if she left you everything.

Frozen Sooner
12/28/2010, 10:59 PM
Some law against it?
...Party of LIES!

You know what?

Don't tell people what threads they can and can't post in. You post some stupid **** like this, other people are going to call you on it.

Frozen Sooner
12/28/2010, 11:00 PM
Geesh! What's the matter with you people... doesn't the truth mean anything anymore???

It does. Which is why your thread title coupled with the material posted annoys people.

I return to my original point - LIES!

Exactly.

Fraggle145
12/29/2010, 12:01 AM
Good.

Viking Kitten
12/29/2010, 01:24 AM
"Party of Death"!

My 80s metal cover band is SO using this for our next album name.

jdsooner
12/29/2010, 01:40 AM
STOP BEING REASONABLE. THERE'S AN ATHIEST MUSLIN IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

I agree! We have to watch out for atheists wearing muslin in the White House!:D

TUSooner
12/29/2010, 09:43 AM
Some law against it?
...Party of LIES!

Way to make like a crawfish and back away. YOU chose the source and the article. Newsmax? For real? You evidently believe whatever you agree with. Man up and admit you have no mind of your own.

Plus, you can't write for ****, and you make the SO dumber.

Turd_Ferguson
12/29/2010, 10:01 AM
Plus, you can't write for ****, and you make the SO dumber.thats Imposible moran.

soonercruiser
12/29/2010, 10:48 PM
Way to make like a crawfish and back away. YOU chose the source and the article. Newsmax? For real? You evidently believe whatever you agree with. Man up and admit you have no mind of your own.

Plus, you can't write for ****, and you make the SO dumber.

SO! You gonna post a story from the Huffington Post???
Man up yourself!

Viking Kitten
12/29/2010, 11:32 PM
Ohhh burrrrn! Great comeback, dude.

Turd_Ferguson
12/30/2010, 12:05 AM
Ohhh burrrrn! Great comeback, dude.I thought it was pretty good...:confused:

John Kochtoston
12/30/2010, 06:46 AM
Man up yourself!

False equivalence is false. Newsmax is to right-wing lunacy as The Daily Worker is to left-wing lunacy.

KC//CRIMSON
12/30/2010, 06:40 PM
Man up yourself!

A guy who pimps a PT Cruiser telling people to man up, hilarious.