PDA

View Full Version : I've always wanted to take part in a riot of some sort

The
12/27/2010, 04:12 PM
Yet I've never had the opportunity.

I mean, I got maced on Owen Field, and tear gassed walking to work in the middle of a War Protest in Albuquerque, but that doesn't really cut it.

Have any of youin's been part of a riot? If so, what was it like, and would you recommend participation in one, and, if so, which type of riot would you most recommend, that is, if you have been part of multiple riots, or have first hand knowledge of multiple riots?

2121Sooner
12/27/2010, 04:17 PM
Seattle.....1999.....WTO riots.

Didnt take place in the riots, just the looting. Nothing says "I hate global commerce" like stealing some Nike's that dont fit you.

Actually I remember watching it on TV and I laughed as the hippies and jackwads got absolutely BLASTED with tear gas, pepper spray, and arrested by the hundreds. It was allsome!!!

The
12/27/2010, 04:24 PM
Seattle.....1999.....WTO riots.

Didnt take place in the riots, just the looting. Nothing says "I hate global commerce" like stealing some Nike's that dont fit you.

Actually I remember watching it on TV and I laughed as the hippies and jackwads got absolutely BLASTED with tear gas, pepper spray, and arrested by the hundreds. It was allsome!!!

I was looking for a Rage Against the Machine pic to post something funny with, and found that GIS Rage Against The Machine Seattle has that chick from Paramore's tits on page 4.

http://www.rollogrady.com/wp-content/themes/widgetimgs/tmyk.gif

My Opinion Matters
12/27/2010, 04:27 PM
I was a part of something similar to a riot once. Except everyone was naked, and oily for some reason. I think the guy next to me called it an "orgy". I don't know, I've never heard that word before or since. chk was there.

2121Sooner
12/27/2010, 04:29 PM
name an orgy Chk hasnt been in.

She is like a Texas Longhorn huddle.......unless there are 11 pricks there, someone is missing.

The
12/27/2010, 04:30 PM
name an orgy Chk hasnt been in.

She is like a Texas Longhorn huddle.......unless there are 11 pricks there, someone is missing.

You should see her poop.

SicEmBaylor
12/27/2010, 04:38 PM
My Great-Grandfather was involved in the Tulsa Race Riots. Aside from that, I've never been close to a riot. Lots of protests/demonstrations, but never a riot.

The
12/27/2010, 04:39 PM
My Great-Grandfather was involved in the Tulsa Race Riots. Aside from that, I've never been close to a riot. Lots of protests/demonstrations, but never a riot.

Would he recommend a Race Riot?

Imagine how uncomfortable a Mixed Race person would be at one of those.

Jello Biafra
12/27/2010, 04:43 PM
Yet I've never had the opportunity.

i call BS...

it is WIDELY known that you have taken part in multiple prison rape scenes in the last few years...you simply dont call them riots because you WANT to be there.

C&CDean
12/27/2010, 04:46 PM
I was staying at the Marriott downtown in Lansing, MI, the night MSU won the National Championship in basketball several years back. I watched the game at a bar, then headed back to the hotel with just a few minutes left in it. After a while I notice flickering lights through my curtains and start hearing sirens. I look out the window and there's cars on fire, people smashing windows out of businesses, etc. Would it be racist to say that I didn't see a white face in the crowd?

2121Sooner
12/27/2010, 04:47 PM
i call BS...

it is WIDELY known that you have taken part in multiple prison rape scenes in the last few years...you simply dont call them riots because you WANT to be there.

You cant rape the willing

The
12/27/2010, 04:47 PM
i call BS...

You talk about homosex a lot. Perhaps now you will fit in better with the Navy boys?

The
12/27/2010, 04:48 PM
I was staying at the Marriott downtown in Lansing, MI, the night MSU won the National Championship in basketball several years back. I watched the game at a bar, then headed back to the hotel with just a few minutes left in it. After a while I notice flickering lights through my curtains and start hearing sirens. I look out the window and there's cars on fire, people smashing windows out of businesses, etc. Would it be racist to say that I didn't see a white face in the crowd?

Did you join them?

C&CDean
12/27/2010, 04:52 PM
Did you join them?

Nah, since I flew in I wasn't packing, and was on "official" business. Otherwise I would have helped the cops crack a skull or two, or at least point out who lit the cop car on fire.

The
12/27/2010, 04:54 PM
Nah, since I flew in I wasn't packing, and was on "official" business. Otherwise I would have helped the cops crack a skull or two, or at least point out who lit the cop car on fire.

See, that's what I'd like to do, riot somewhere I don't live. That just seems to make more sense.

Jello Biafra
12/27/2010, 04:56 PM
You talk about homosex a lot. Perhaps now you will fit in better with the Navy boys?

you busy tonight?

The
12/27/2010, 05:00 PM
you busy tonight?

Are you hot? And can you take an Angry Dragon?

Jello Biafra
12/27/2010, 05:04 PM
Are you hot? And can you take an Angry Dragon?

i am hot and i DELIVER never recieve....how do you feel about arabian goggles?

The
12/27/2010, 05:07 PM
i am hot and i DELIVER never recieve....how do you feel about arabian goggles?

As long as I don't get pregnant.

Partial Qualifier
12/27/2010, 09:34 PM
I was looking for a Rage Against the Machine pic to post something funny with, and found that GIS Rage Against The Machine Seattle has that chick from Paramore's tits on page 4.

http://www.rollogrady.com/wp-content/themes/widgetimgs/tmyk.gif

I googled that same string and didn't see the Paramore singer's tits, but I *did* google "Paramore tits". Jackpot on page 1.

SicEmBaylor
12/27/2010, 11:41 PM
Would he recommend a Race Riot?

He's dead, but I imagine he would. His was pretty effective.

thesnowbishop
12/28/2010, 01:34 AM
Can't resist:

xvDuATZCY8I

GKeeper316
12/28/2010, 02:42 AM
best thing about the late show when craig kilborne was hosting it was when they rated riots (the korean riot team vs. the german riot team, etc. funny stuffs).

SicEmBaylor
12/28/2010, 02:45 AM
best thing about the late show when craig kilborne was hosting it was when they rated riots (the korean riot team vs. the german riot team, etc. funny stuffs).

I miss Tom Snyder on the Late Late Show.

achiro
12/28/2010, 09:14 AM
I was a police officer in Muskogee when there was a riot. We were called to a "disturbance" and were totally unprepared for the number of people that were there. Several officers were injured by thrown bricks and other debris. It was as scary a situation as I was ever in.

The
12/28/2010, 09:26 AM
I was a police officer in Muskogee when there was a riot. We were called to a "disturbance" and were totally unprepared for the number of people that were there. Several officers were injured by thrown bricks and other debris. It was as scary a situation as I was ever in.

Why were they rioting?

texaspokieokie
12/28/2010, 09:30 AM
i have a cousin that was at a riot in muskogee. probly in the 40s.

was @ a baseball game, muskogee was in the old Western Association.

don't remember much about what i've heard; except that a guy was shot, maybe fatally.

achiro
12/28/2010, 11:58 AM
i have a cousin that was at a riot in muskogee. probly in the 40s.

was @ a baseball game, muskogee was in the old Western Association.

don't remember much about what i've heard; except that a guy was shot, maybe fatally.
It was a while ago but not THAT long ago...I'm not that old

Why were they rioting?
As I recall it initially started with a "normal" arrest. Seems like the guy had beat up his girlfriend or something. When the first officers started handcuffing him and moving him to their car, a crowd started forming. By the time we were called in there were a whole bunch more people in the crowd, don't remember the exact number but it was a bunch and we were way outnumbered.

texaspokieokie
12/28/2010, 12:01 PM
think this is a different situation. twas @ the baseball park.

MrJimBeam
12/28/2010, 12:12 PM
Why were they rioting?

Stuck in Muskogee.

StoopTroup
12/28/2010, 12:35 PM
Lived outside Detriot in 1968. I got to see Downtown Detroit like 3 maybe four times while we lived there. It was dangerous to drive through. To get over to Canada a couple of times Dad drove upstate and took a Ferry over because it was so bad. The tunnel to Windsor was a good way to go then but it was a bad area for awhile and it just wasn't safe I guess.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1967/1101670804_400.jpg

No kelvar vests back then.

http://www.blackpast.org/files/blackpast_images/detroit_race_riot_1967.jpg

Jacie
12/28/2010, 12:56 PM
Feb. 1993 Downtown Dallas when the parade honoring the Cowboys SuperBowl win came apart and several thousand kids, who had ditched school to be there, began to beat up on each other (mainly black on hispanic violence). It was anarchy on the streets for a couple of hours until the traffic thinned out enough for the busses to start running again and the kiddies could all go home.

GDC
12/29/2010, 02:01 PM
I've been told my great-grandfather was involved in the Tulsa Riots in the 20s.

I got tear-gassed in Mexico once, that truly sucked.

Wishboned
12/29/2010, 02:05 PM
When I was in Korea in the mid 80's there were a lot of student protests that turned into riots.

A couple of times while we were downtown we wandered into a riot. They were kind of funny. All these people holding anti-American signs, and chanting. They would take one look at us and look away very quickly.

Then there was the wonderful smell of tear gas, and the sound of batons striking students.

soonerchk
12/29/2010, 02:13 PM
The, 2121, and MOM are on my list...

The
12/29/2010, 02:15 PM
The, 2121, and MOM are on my list...

Your list for WHAT???

http://www.blogkindle.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/shocked.jpg

soonerchk
12/29/2010, 02:27 PM
Not the good one, I can assure you.

The
12/29/2010, 02:31 PM
Not the good one, I can assure you.

http://reallybadboss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/smug-bill-clinton.jpg

soonerchk
12/29/2010, 03:59 PM
http://reallybadboss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/smug-bill-clinton.jpg

That must have been in his first term. He kind of looks like dead man walking these days.

texaspokieokie
12/29/2010, 04:00 PM
i lived in No.Long Beach during the "Watts riots" of summer 1965.
worked in downey & from there you could see the smoke rising from south central

i think the "rodney king riots" were much worse. i was not in CA @ that time.

i don't think i ever drove thru watts after the riots.
didn't seem to be friendly.

The
12/29/2010, 04:01 PM
That must have been in his first term. He kind of looks like dead man walking these days.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a66eacc5970b-600wi

"...I'd put it in her pooper, Barack."

"Shut up, Bill."

The
12/29/2010, 04:03 PM
i lived in No.Long Beach during the "Watts riots" of summer 1965.
worked in downey & from there you could see the smoke rising from south central

i think the "rodney king riots" were much worse. i was not in CA @ that time.

i don't think i ever drove thru watts after the riots.
didn't seem to be friendly.

gh5ogOH82Aw