PDA

View Full Version : I love my Critters "BUT"

olevetonahill
12/27/2010, 12:02 PM
I aint spending 20K on em fer nothing .
I find a 22 is a much more cost effective way to "CURE" em .;)

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/111673/the-$20,000-pet

StoopTroup
12/27/2010, 01:19 PM
I think we call that "Taking them to Dr. Dean's Place". That way the PETA folks don't get all upset. :D

soonerbrat
12/27/2010, 02:19 PM
I've spent about $2000 on my cat over 8 years, but the last vet bill, which was almost $700 was about the limit. I was gonna have him put to sleep if he had to have more surgeries. he had to have 3 toes amputated, and they were infected and the vet said they might have to amputate his paws.

olevetonahill
12/27/2010, 02:21 PM
Is that the cat the other vet declawed by mistake?
If so why ya dint make the stupid vet pay ?

C&CDean
12/27/2010, 02:27 PM
I've spent about $2000 on my cat over 8 years, but the last vet bill, which was almost $700 was about the limit. I was gonna have him put to sleep if he had to have more surgeries. he had to have 3 toes amputated, and they were infected and the vet said they might have to amputate his paws.

OK, I've just gotta ask, how is spending $700 to have your cat mutilated and in great pain more humane that popping the little devil in the forehead with a .22 mag? Seriously. Besides, it ain't like it's a dog or something...

olevetonahill
12/27/2010, 02:34 PM
Ill spend money to maintain em and keep em healthy. But when it comes to heroic stuff they going down .:pop:

royalfan5
12/27/2010, 02:35 PM
Do you know doesn't cost me a dime? My houseplant.

Veritas
12/27/2010, 02:39 PM
I've had to put down more than a few pets over the years rather than spend $$$ to keep them marginally alive. I've never been able to pull the trigger myself though...I have this weird hangup about killing things I love.

soonerbrat
12/27/2010, 02:43 PM
OK, I've just gotta ask, how is spending $700 to have your cat mutilated and in great pain more humane that popping the little devil in the forehead with a .22 mag? Seriously. Besides, it ain't like it's a dog or something...

i didn't declaw him, the vet did it BY ACCIDENT and it got infected (he was there to be checked for worms, they put the wrong name on his cage and declawed him). if he was gonna have to have his paws amputated I was gonna have him put to sleep, but he didn't he only lost a couple of toes. I thought life would still be worth living if only a couple of toes were missing, but not if he didn't have any front paws.

the biggest change in his life is that he can't go outside unless i'm watching him now. he used to go out and stay gone for days.

C&CDean
12/27/2010, 03:42 PM
i didn't declaw him, the vet did it BY ACCIDENT and it got infected (he was there to be checked for worms, they put the wrong name on his cage and declawed him). if he was gonna have to have his paws amputated I was gonna have him put to sleep, but he didn't he only lost a couple of toes. I thought life would still be worth living if only a couple of toes were missing, but not if he didn't have any front paws.

the biggest change in his life is that he can't go outside unless i'm watching him now. he used to go out and stay gone for days.

So why isn't the vet who effed up's clinic now called "The Soonerbrat Vet Clinic?"

I think I'd go all crazy animal lover on his butt and sue the bejeezus outta him for maiming poor foo foo.

OutlandTrophy
12/27/2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Humor/Images/FreeCat.jpg

badger
12/27/2010, 03:48 PM
So why isn't the vet who effed up's clinic now called "The Soonerbrat Vet Clinic?"

I think I'd go all crazy animal lover on his butt and sue the bejeezus outta him for maiming poor foo foo.

Speaking of maiming poor foo foo, how bout the Packers maiming poor foo foo Manning and his "Giants?" :D

stoopified
12/27/2010, 03:58 PM
I love my dogs but I can't afford big vet bills.

C&CDean
12/27/2010, 04:11 PM
Speaking of maiming poor foo foo, how bout the Packers maiming poor foo foo Manning and his "Giants?" :D

Yesterday was grand. I DVRd the Sams and the Pack both while I cut/split wood all day. Came in last night, took a shower, had a pop or two, ate a salad, and watched both games back-to-back without commercials. I even took an intermission between games and bowled on my new Wii that Santa brought to the house. Rolled a 197 - which is about 97 pins more than what I do in real life.

The Pack looked damned good - but I don't know if it's because Archie's little boy sucked so bad. Just keep winning...

soonerbrat
12/27/2010, 04:18 PM

i made a complaint to the Vet Med board and they said they saw no wrongdoing. My ex boyfriend (attorney) said that if i took them to small claims, i could probably make them pay the vet bill from the other clinic where i took him after that fiasco, but there was no guarantee, especially since the Vet Board said they didn't do anything wrong, and it would've cost me $100 to file it. I chalked it up to "never take your pets to this vet again" and have publicly told this story.

the name of the vet clinic is "Southside Dog, Cat & Bird", Dr. Roger Harlin.

2121Sooner
12/27/2010, 04:21 PM

Cause they figured with the future amputations that this case wouldnt have a leg to stand on?

C&CDean
12/27/2010, 04:25 PM
i made a complaint to the Vet Med board and they said they saw no wrongdoing. My ex boyfriend (attorney) said that if i took them to small claims, i could probably make them pay the vet bill from the other clinic where i took him after that fiasco, but there was no guarantee, especially since the Vet Board said they didn't do anything wrong, and it would've cost me $100 to file it. I chalked it up to "never take your pets to this vet again" and have publicly told this story.

Bummer. You know you'd think with all the bleeding heart animal lover/rights people out there something like this would net somebody big $$, or at least a hefty fine to the vet who chopped off the wrong cats toes. I mean c'mon, Michael Vick gets a couple years in the Federal Pen for fighting some dogs - why can't a vet who maims a cat get some jail time? It'd make them future OSU vet students rethink their choice of a career I'm thinking.

2121Sooner
12/27/2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah, cause the doctor making a mistake is the same as Michael Vick's treatment of his dogs.

Jello Biafra
12/27/2010, 04:29 PM

i remember this conversation.....i think or was it a dream? ;)

o no....i definately remember it now....i got carded for it... L O V E the free cat picture lol im printing and framing it.

The
12/27/2010, 04:29 PM
Is this the thread where we bash vets?

C&CDean
12/27/2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah, cause the doctor making a mistake is the same as Michael Vick's treatment of his dogs.

No, it's worse. He's a professional veterinarian who is trained for years to do his job properly. A poor cat suffered, and brat spent a ****pot of money.

Michael Vick is a thug who fought dogs who dig fighting. It ain't like he cut their feet off or anything.

2121Sooner
12/27/2010, 04:31 PM
Is this the thread where we bash vets?

Teh, you are thinking of the wrong type of vet

soonerbrat
12/27/2010, 04:34 PM
what made it worse is that they blamed my boyfriend for the mistake.

he took 3 cats in that day...a barn cat to be neutered, my mom's cat to be declawed and my cat to be checked for worms. 3 separate pet carriers. My mom's cat is a small female toroise calico, my cat is a big orange and white cat and the barn cat was a little orange and white cat. When the bf was filling out the paperwork, he didn't know what color to call the calico, so the receptionist filled out the paperwork for him and called her a torti. The process is, the animal is checked in, they put a piece of tape on the pet carrier with the pet's name on it, then the pet is put into a kennel, with another piece of tape with the pet's name and procedure. the receptionist put the wrong name on the pet carriers, so they got put into the wrong kennels. even though there's a big difference in these cats, none of the vet techs or either vet bothered to check the description in the file or they would've caught the mistake. One of hte vets even called me and told me that Rascal (the male) didn't have worms. ALL calico cats are female, so if she even glanced at the paperwork to see that the cat was supposed to be male, she would've caught the mistake. When i went to pick up my cat, they brought out my mom's cat which was supposed to be declawed and stay overnight. I was pretty upset so they called the receptionist and she said my bf must have written the description down wrong because she would NEVER make a mistake like that because she had been there for 20 years. she was the one that wrote the description of the female cat!

Ugh..thinking about it makes me mad all over again.

They ended up declawing my mom's cat and neutering the other cat for free and not charging me for anything it makes me sick because he loved to go out and eat mice and catch birds and fight with other cats and he can't go out anymore.

2121Sooner
12/27/2010, 04:36 PM
No, it's worse. He's a professional veterinarian who is trained for years to do his job properly. A poor cat suffered, and brat spent a ****pot of money.

Michael Vick is a thug who fought dogs who dig fighting. It ain't like he cut their feet off or anything.

I dont know whether to read your second comment with the level of sarcasm it really deserves or not.

And you are right, the doc screwed up.......

The
12/27/2010, 04:37 PM
It ain't like he cut their feet off or anything.

I bet he did.

Then ATE them....

2121Sooner
12/27/2010, 04:38 PM
That is what made him so strong for his comeback.

C&CDean
12/27/2010, 04:39 PM
Pickled pit bull feet. Yummy!

The
12/27/2010, 04:41 PM
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2718/yodawgsthxlols.jpg

badger
12/27/2010, 04:57 PM
but I don't know if it's because Archie's little boy sucked so bad. Just keep winning...

NP had to miss the second half for Christmas stuff, so I texted him updates.

The texts went something like this:

kiss 4 jordy td

int- samsheeeeeeeelds

int- collins

int- hawk

kiss 4 kuuuuuuuuuuune td

kiss 4 kuuuuune's third td

int int int... it was off the charts bad for the manning runt.

Jello Biafra
12/27/2010, 04:58 PM
NP had to miss the second half for Christmas stuff, so I texted him updates.

The texts went something like this:

kiss 4 jordy td

int- samsheeeeeeeelds

int- collins

int- hawk

kiss 4 kuuuuuuuuuuune td

kiss 4 kuuuuune's third td

int int int... it was off the charts bad for the manning runt.

how ya feeling bout next week ;)

badger
12/27/2010, 05:19 PM
how ya feeling bout next week ;)

Very good. Nearly beat your team on the road earlier this season and we'll definitely beat you at home to make the playoffs. Our coach is young, but he really knows how to get through to players in this regard. They were playing yesterday like it was a playoff game, because it really was - win or season's over. I expect them to treat da bears like the playoffs as well.

Da bears might as well sit all their starters because they're already in... and even if they play they'll be playing as such. The Packers, on the other hand, will play like they really need this game, because they really do.

(and before you argue that the Giants had the same mentality, there was an outside chance that they didn't need the Pack win, so they played as such... or just sucked. either or)

delhalew
12/27/2010, 05:19 PM
I've had to put down more than a few pets over the years rather than spend $$$ to keep them marginally alive. I've never been able to pull the trigger myself though...I have this weird hangup about killing things I love.

Interesting. I won't let anyone else do it. I had one for 12 years that makes my eyes moist to think about. It had to be me though. We were too close.

Jello Biafra
12/27/2010, 05:26 PM
Very good. Nearly beat your team on the road earlier this season and we'll definitely beat you at home to make the playoffs. Our coach is young, but he really knows how to get through to players in this regard. They were playing yesterday like it was a playoff game, because it really was - win or season's over. I expect them to treat da bears like the playoffs as well.

Da bears might as well sit all their starters because they're already in... and even if they play they'll be playing as such. The Packers, on the other hand, will play like they really need this game, because they really do.

(and before you argue that the Giants had the same mentality, there was an outside chance that they didn't need the Pack win, so they played as such... or just sucked. either or)

i havent been paying that much attention about other teams but i heard a few weeks ago we needed to win out and a couple of other teams had to lose for us to get a first round bye....is that still true? if there is no chance of a first round bye, i suspect you are spot on with some sitting.

badger
12/27/2010, 06:07 PM
if there is no chance of a first round bye, i suspect you are spot on with some sitting.

I think if you lose you are 3-seed, but you might be regardless. You need another team (Eagles I think?) to lose, so even if you win, you're likely still a 3-seed.

One thing that might hold you back is the fact that you're likely facing us two weeks in a row - this week then assuming GB wins, next week at Soldier Field.

I am anti-Lovie, not because he's your coach, but because of his Tommie treatment. So I think anything is possible with that loser coach (who admittedly, hasn't lost much this season).