PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Kindle texting again?

Sooner_Tuf
12/26/2010, 07:40 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-kindle-arrest-20101226,0,7215987.story

Ravens rookie Kindle arrested and charged with DUI

Ravens rookie Sergio Kindle's troubled first season took another hit Sunday morning when he was arrested and charged with drunken driving in Howard County, an incident the player called a "mistake."

According to court records and police, Kindle was pulled over at 4:09 a.m. after an officer observed his vehicle weaving as he drove northbound on Route 1 near Route 32 in Savage.

The former University of Texas star, who was driving a vehicle with Texas plates, was ticketed for speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to obey traffic control devices.

Sherry Llewellyn, a Howard County police spokeswoman, said Kindle was arrested without incident. Records show he was taken into custody and released after posting $10,000 bond.

A Ravens spokesman said the Ravens were not aware of the incident.

Reached Sunday night, Kindle said he was driving home with friends, one of whom had to catch an early flight. He said he had informed one of the team's security personnel about the arrest, and apologized to the team.

"I just want to apologize to the organization, because I don't want to bring a negative light to the team," he said. "It was my mistake. I can't take it back now. I don't know what's going to happen from here."

Kindle, 23, who has narcolepsy, tumbled down a stairwell at a friend's house just three days before training camp opened and suffered a skull fracture that has put his football future in limbo. Kindle has been taking physical therapy at Sinai and at the Ravens' Owings Mills complex but is not allowed to participate in football activities while on the non-football injury list. He raised doubts last week that he will be able to play in 2011.

"Basically, they're just saying they don't know," Kindle said. "They haven't dealt with an injury like mine before, so they can't really give me a yes or a no with confidence, but [are] kind of in the middle. It's a hit or a miss."

His Twitter page promises that he has had a "minor set back, for a major come back." He has not tweeted since Christmas Eve.

Kindle was the Ravens' first draft pick in 2010, going in the second round and 43rd overall. He was is not the only Ravens player to run into trouble with the law this year. Baltimore County police were called to the apartment of rookie kick returner David Reed to investigate "possible narcotics" and seized evidence. Charges have not been filed; the next game, Reed returned a kickoff for a touchdown and was named Special Teams Player of the Week.

Offensive line coach Andy Moeller has also been arrested twice this year for driving under the influence. He is awaiting an April trial date on the most recent charges, which stem from a September traffic stop.

SoonerPride93
12/26/2010, 07:45 PM
Texas really turns their players into quality characters dont they?

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 08:04 PM
Sherry Llewellyn, a Howard County police spokeswoman, said Kindle was arrested without incident. Records show he was taken into custody and released after posting $10,000 bond.

Interesting coincidence. :D

Soonermagik
12/26/2010, 08:09 PM
If he has narcolepsy is it safe for him to drive? If so, when he had his accident did he not take his medicine?

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 08:22 PM
If he has narcolepsy is it safe for him to drive? If so, when he had his accident did he not take his medicine?

And should he be drinking?

rekamrettuB
12/26/2010, 08:28 PM
He sure seems to be up late for someone with narcolepsy. When he was ummm...texting...coach Muschamp and that apartment building jumped out in front of him and then he fled the scene it was 2:30 or so. Now he's out at 4:00. Sounds like he suffers from insomnia.

Soonermagik
12/26/2010, 08:39 PM
And should he be drinking?

Another good question. :D

usaosooner
12/26/2010, 08:41 PM
Mack swept that building collision incident right under the rug... Enabling Sergio...

85sooners
12/26/2010, 08:47 PM
Narco my ***:rolleyes:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/27/2010, 01:35 AM
Mack swept that building collision incident right under the rug... Enabling Sergio...yeah, I remember him driving into an apartment bldg. in Gaystin, a year or 2 ago. It was no big deal. People do that all the time, don't they?

prrriiide
12/27/2010, 10:04 AM
Narco my ***:rolleyes:

Yeah, I get narcolepsy when I'm a drankin' too. Usually after the better part of a case o beer.

PLaw
12/27/2010, 02:37 PM
Somebody needs to get this POS off of the street before he kills.

BOOMER

Jacie
12/27/2010, 02:43 PM
Nothing good ever happens after 2:00 a.m. . . .

KantoSooner
12/27/2010, 02:56 PM
Weed + Beer = Narcolepsy

Happened to me many, many times. Drink all day, smoke dope all day. Dayum, suddenly I was asleep!

Happily, I had the 63 IQ necessary to not attempt simultaneous driving to show what a multitasking God I was.

Seriously, you'd think this guy was a graduate of Ohio State's NCAA Rules Class.

Sooner_Tuf
12/28/2010, 01:24 AM
Nothing good ever happens after 2:00 a.m. . . .

Ummm Hmmmm, yes some good things do happen after 2AM. :eek: