PDA

View Full Version : Kitna or Tebow....

soonerbrat
12/25/2010, 06:02 PM
who should i start this week? i have 30 minutes to decide

pappy
12/25/2010, 06:05 PM
Tebow...its blasphemy not too, Josh Mcdaniels was fired for his sins of not playing him. Learn from his mistakes and trust in Tebow.

But seriously play kitna he's playing arizona and he'll have a big game.

soonerbrat
12/25/2010, 06:12 PM
ok...that's what i was thinking, but i'm no expert and i just picked up both those QB's last week. i had Kyle Orton & Sam Bradford before

soonerbrat
12/25/2010, 06:14 PM
can you give me a little more advice?
I picked up Ryan Torain today, and Peyton hillis isn't 100% - should i switch them out? and should I start Jacob Tamme or Kevin Boss at TE?

oudavid1
12/25/2010, 06:20 PM
KITNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sooner518
12/25/2010, 06:57 PM
Kitna.

My FF team tanked in the playoffs, so I picked up all the Sooners I could find for my last place playoff game. My lineup

Sam BRadford
Allen Patrick (weird he was on there..)
Tashard Choice (he used to play at OU!)
Manuel Johnson
Juaquin Iglesias
Malcolm Kelly
Jermaine Gresham
Bears D/ST (Tommy Harris.... close enough)

Unfortunately I wasnt able to trade for Hartley at kicker.....

OU-HSV
12/25/2010, 07:33 PM
Uh Kitna hands down. Tebow got lucky to have that pass td last weekend. I don't see timmy consistently putting start worthy fantasy numbers up. The tebow hype is really getting out of hand.

I'm in one of my league's super bowls this weekend. And I'm playing against Kitna, so I'm pulling against Kitna with a passion. But at least if he does well, I know it helps you out, haha.

OU-HSV
12/25/2010, 07:44 PM
Kitna.

My FF team tanked in the playoffs, so I picked up all the Sooners I could find for my last place playoff game. My lineup

Sam BRadford
Allen Patrick (weird he was on there..)
Tashard Choice (he used to play at OU!)
Manuel Johnson
Juaquin Iglesias
Malcolm Kelly
Jermaine Gresham
Bears D/ST (Tommy Harris.... close enough)

Unfortunately I wasnt able to trade for Hartley at kicker.....

Ha, that's awesome an all Sooners team.

In my championship game this weekend here's my starting lineup:

Vick
Arian Foster
Ray Rice
Ahmad Bradshaw
Roddy White
Pierre Garcon
Pats kicker Graham
Rams D (vs. 49ers

My bench:
-Carson Palmer
-Ryan Fitzpatrick
-Steve Johnson
-Mike Williams (Tampa)/I almost want to use him over bradshaw, but it's too risky IMO
-Ocho Cinco
-Mike Tolbert
-Willis McGahee
-Atl D
-Willis McGahee

My opponent's starting lineup:
Kitna
Jamal Charles
Mike Wallace (who already got 16.40 pts Thurs. night)
Lagarret Blount
Steven Jackson
Desean Jackson
Eagles Kicker Akers
Eagles D

I hate that the guy is using Desean Jackson and Eagles kicker, basically steals points from me anytime Vick goes to him or scores a td. Oh well, we'll see how it all works out.

sooner518
12/25/2010, 08:12 PM
Yea, I hate it when my opponent has a receiver of my QB or some other kind of leech.
I had an awesome team with foster, Tom Brady, MJD, miles Austin, Antonio gates and mike Wallace. Unfortunately they all kinda sucked the last two weeks after leading me to a 9-3 record and 1st place.

OU-HSV
12/25/2010, 09:45 PM
Yea, I hate it when my opponent has a receiver of my QB or some other kind of leech.
I had an awesome team with foster, Tom Brady, MJD, miles Austin, Antonio gates and mike Wallace. Unfortunately they all kinda sucked the last two weeks after leading me to a 9-3 record and 1st place.

Yeah sounds like you had a good team.

The good news for me is Kitna got hurt and is out for the game. (Which I'm guessing is bad news for Brat since she seemed she may roll w/Kitna over Tebow.)...but Brat on the bright side of things, Kitna may have outscored Timmy Tebow anyway with 11 some odd points.

soonerbrat
12/26/2010, 12:10 AM
great. kitna gets hurt in the 2nd Q. I really needed some points from him :cry:

aj44mc
12/26/2010, 12:36 AM
Tebow...its blasphemy not too, Josh Mcdaniels was fired for his sins of not playing him. Learn from his mistakes and trust in Tebow.

But seriously play kitna he's playing arizona and he'll have a big game.

THIS

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 12:57 AM
Could have been worse. You could have had Clausen (Rating: 33.2) on your Fantasy Football Team.

But that's okay, because Carolina's coach still has tons of faith in Clausen: "We've obviously had our struggles at that position..."

tommieharris91
12/26/2010, 02:22 AM
Stephen McGee has an NFL job. LOL.

pappy
12/26/2010, 04:36 AM
can you give me a little more advice?
I picked up Ryan Torain today, and Peyton hillis isn't 100% - should i switch them out? and should I start Jacob Tamme or Kevin Boss at TE?

I'd go with Tamme cause Peyton loves to throw it to the te and with dallas clark hurt Tamme is the man...Peyton hillis will play and he did really well in his first match up with the ravens this year.

pappy
12/26/2010, 04:39 AM
My Starting lineup in my Championship matchup

QB (2 starters) Michael Vick and Tom Brady
RB (2 starters) Chris Johnson and Fred Jackson
WR (3 starters) Roddy White, Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson
TE (2 starters) Kellen Winslow, Brandon Pettigrew
W/R (1 starter) Greg Jennings
K (2 starters) Rob Bironas and Josh Brown
Team Def (2 starters) New England and Philadelphia
Individual Def (4 starters) Chad Greenway, Patrick Willis, Stephen Tulloch, T.J. Ward

IndySooner
12/26/2010, 09:38 AM
You are in your championship with Kitna and Tebow as your QB's? Wow.

soonerbrat
12/26/2010, 10:31 AM
You are in your championship with Kitna and Tebow as your QB's? Wow.

i had kyle orton and he produced a lot of fantasy points. I started Sam Bradford during Orton's bye week and he did really well.

last week was the first time i started Kitna and he didn't disappoint but Tebow had more points.
I had the worst fantasy team ever. I wasn't involved in the draft, the person that was supposed to do it quit before the draft, so they just drafted a bunch of crappy players for this team and they asked if i wanted to do it after the fact. I've worked really hard doing research and putting togther a decent team, i've made over 30 drops/adds

so here's my team now

QB's, Tebow, Kitna, Bradford
WR's - Jeremy Maclin, Stevie Johnson, Mike Williams
RB's - Peyton Hillis, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ryan Torain, LaDanian Tomlinson
TE's - Jacob Tamme, Kevin Boss
K - Matt Bryant
Def - Tennessee

if anyone has any suggestions about who i should play, drop, add, i'd appreciate the advice....I'm more familiar with college football, but I'm learning!

soonerbrat
12/26/2010, 10:36 AM
oh and also, i had a slight advantage over the other people (all girls) and they set their teams and never made any changes, so if someone got hurt or had a bye week, they just didn't get points for those. my team does contend for most points every week, even now.

JohnnyMack
12/26/2010, 10:36 AM
Could have been worse. You could have had Clausen (Rating: 33.2) on your Fantasy Football Team.

But that's okay, because Carolina's coach still has tons of faith in Clausen: "We've obviously had our struggles at that position..."

Dude. Let it go.

soonerbrat
12/26/2010, 10:57 AM
i think i'm probably gonna lose this.

she has

QB - Matt Ryan
WR - Roddy White, Miles Austin (16.1 pts last night), Reggie Wayne
RB - Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson
TE - Chris Cooley
K - Rackers
Def - New Orleans.

I was able to pick up Green Bay's defense just now.

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 03:27 PM
Dude. Let it go.

Let what go?

oudavid1
12/26/2010, 04:35 PM
KITNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAIL!

StoopTroup
12/26/2010, 05:37 PM
Let what go?

...his weenus.

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 05:51 PM
...his weenus.

http://www.chemist2go.co.uk/i/products/obsession_for_men.jpg

soonerbrat
12/26/2010, 06:46 PM
i shoulda started tebow and torian. peyton hillis did NOTHING.

sigh. i'm gonna lose today and end up in 2nd place :(

JohnnyMack
12/26/2010, 07:25 PM
Let what go?

Your hard on for railing against Clausen. We know somebody somewhere said he'd be better than Sam. Oh god. Can't have that.

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 07:31 PM
Your hard on for railing against Clausen.

:confused:

(I can't recall mentioning Clausen much at all in the past. )

Adrian
12/26/2010, 07:50 PM
FAIL!

Kitna didn't play badly-Miles Austin fell down on Jon's first interception, and TFRW quit on the play on Jon's second interception. The TV announcers said nothing, but Jon was having a heated conversation with TFRW over on the sidelines...

oudavid1
12/26/2010, 08:18 PM
Kitna didn't play badly-Miles Austin fell down on Jon's first interception, and TFRW quit on the play on Jon's second interception. The TV announcers said nothing, but Jon was having a heated conversation with TFRW over on the sidelines...

well from a fantasy stand-point i was just dead wrong. I still like Kitna though. I just dislike the cowboys.

JohnnyMack
12/26/2010, 08:59 PM
:confused:

(I can't recall mentioning Clausen much at all in the past. )

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148343

soonerbrat
12/26/2010, 09:35 PM

he didn't play most of the game at all, so no, he didn't play badly.
but he only got 7.9 points compared to over 24 for tebow.

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 10:50 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148343

Oh, big whoop! :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
12/27/2010, 12:39 PM
Johnny....one of those Hula Hoop type hip maneuvers might shake him off. Good luck!

soonerbrat
12/27/2010, 02:06 PM
STOP JACKING MY THREAD