sooner518
12/25/2010, 06:58 PM
poor kid. never saw it coming

Eielson
12/26/2010, 09:14 PM
Cheap shot.

Curly Bill
12/27/2010, 12:36 AM
Cheap shot? You realize that was a football game they were playing right? Looked to me like the dude he hit was chasing his QB, making it a legit block.

I don't know, maybe you're being sarcastic. It's either that or stupidity???

dwarthog
12/27/2010, 09:30 AM
Dudes got some onery in him.

Soonerjeepman
12/28/2010, 09:32 AM
Isn't the he one who is like Blind Side...living with an adopted white family? not that it matters...just thought I read that somewhere...

PLaw
12/28/2010, 10:58 AM
Dudes got some onery in him.

Like it!! We need a whole lot of onery!:D

BOOMERBRADLEY
12/28/2010, 11:09 AM
Cheap shot.

Says the guy who probably never played football

IronHorseSooner
12/28/2010, 08:51 PM
Isn't the he one who is like Blind Side...living with an adopted white family? not that it matters...just thought I read that somewhere...

Yes. He's also the guy who could play DT, DE, OT, or even TE.

Fugue
1/20/2011, 03:43 PM
watched him hoop the other night. very athletic
I'm not sure he couldn't play well at the 2 guard.

Eielson
1/20/2011, 04:25 PM
Cheap shot? You realize that was a football game they were playing right? Looked to me like the dude he hit was chasing his QB, making it a legit block.

I don't know, maybe you're being sarcastic. It's either that or stupidity???

The pass rusher was not going to get to the quarterback, and had let up before getting hit. I see hits like that all the time. If you've ever been on either side of one of those blocks, you know how little talent it takes.

Eielson
1/20/2011, 04:26 PM
Says the guy who probably never played football

You should probably keep your guesses to yourself.

Mongo
1/22/2011, 12:38 PM
You should probably keep your guesses to yourself.

You should probably keep your **** poor football analysis to yourself.

That leveled kid should have been paying attention

yermom
1/22/2011, 01:17 PM
he took out both guys after his QB :eek:

85sooners
1/23/2011, 10:38 PM
he took out both guys after his QB :eek:

:pop:

stoopified
1/25/2011, 05:11 PM
That leveled kid should have been paying attentionExactly I was always taught if you are in the game you play and play hard until the whistle.

Breadburner
1/25/2011, 05:21 PM
Lol@cheap shot......

Eielson
1/25/2011, 05:30 PM
Exactly I was always taught if you are in the game you play and play hard until the whistle.

You don't use that line as justification to allow players to hit defenseless receivers, punters, kickers, or quarterbacks after they've already thrown the ball, do you?

starclassic tama
1/26/2011, 11:37 PM
so you shouldn't be able to hit guys if they don't see it coming? defenseless? somebody was chasing his quarterback, so he leveled his ***. end of story

Eielson
1/27/2011, 12:34 AM
so you shouldn't be able to hit guys if they don't see it coming? defenseless? somebody was chasing his quarterback, so he leveled his ***. end of story

It would be fine if that's the end of the story, but you're ignoring crucial parts of it. If he was chasing the quarterback, then it's fine. It's not all that impressive, but there isn't anything wrong with it. My problem with it is that the quarterback no longer had the ball, and the defender was letting up, thus he was no longer chasing the quarterback. At that point it becomes a cheap shot. I'm not saying Jordan Phillips is a dirty player, but in that instance, he made a dirty play. Plenty of people have done it, but that doesn't change my mind that it's a cheap shot.

starclassic tama
1/27/2011, 01:13 AM
fair enough. this guy looks like a monster though. i wonder if he will see any time at DT next season?

BigTime1
1/27/2011, 09:22 AM
It would be fine if that's the end of the story, but you're ignoring crucial parts of it. If he was chasing the quarterback, then it's fine. It's not all that impressive, but there isn't anything wrong with it. My problem with it is that the quarterback no longer had the ball, and the defender was letting up, thus he was no longer chasing the quarterback. At that point it becomes a cheap shot. I'm not saying Jordan Phillips is a dirty player, but in that instance, he made a dirty play. Plenty of people have done it, but that doesn't change my mind that it's a cheap shot.

The hit and the release of the ball were pretty much simultaneous had the qb tucked it and cut back the player could have been in position to make a tackle...Jordan took care of that. Its not about being athletic on that play its about his toughness and attitude and if you were a football player you should understand the hit from both sides making one like it and taking one and not being a pansy about it. If your hurt get back out there asap if not get up and get him the next play. Its fair Its clean and Its football.

Sooner Cal
1/27/2011, 04:55 PM
Baloney on the cheap shot comment. Jordan never knew that the Qb was throwing the ball. He was focused on the block. If the kid chasing the Qb let up, it is pretty difficult to conclude that from the video, then he saved himself from a potentially serious injury. But I think he was going hard and that is why the hit looks so hard. Finally, there were two defenders chasing the Qb and Jordan got them both. I say great play.

I think you owe Jordan an apology. In my opinion it is not enough to say that you don't mean he's a dirty player, only that it was a dirty play. Sorry, but that's out of line too.