PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson Wants To Legalize Pot

MR2-Sooner86
12/24/2010, 07:40 AM
sQi7A5MW2kQ&feature

Alright, Pat Robertson is on board. If you're still against this, what the hell is your problem? We got the go ahead from Jesus so I don't see what you're worried about.

Flagstaffsooner
12/24/2010, 09:43 AM
He figures stoners will watch his show and send him money.

olevetonahill
12/24/2010, 09:53 AM
He figures stoners will watch his show and send him money.

They wont have any money , They be to stoned to work and what money they do have they be buying :twinkies: and shat:D

yermom
12/24/2010, 10:11 AM
wow.

i'm not sure what else to say.

Aldebaran
12/24/2010, 10:14 AM
Killer bong hits for Jesus.

Okla-homey
12/24/2010, 10:59 AM
Why does this opinion persist that people who smoke a little weed now and then are incapable of amounting to anything or holding a job? sheesh.

Reminds me of the claims against alcohol consumption made by the "Temperance" movement in the early 20th c.

olevetonahill
12/24/2010, 11:01 AM
Why does this opinion persist that people who smoke a little weed now and then are incapable of amounting to anything or holding a job? sheesh.

Im just going by personal experience :D

JohnnyMack
12/24/2010, 11:30 AM

MR2-Sooner86
12/24/2010, 11:45 AM
If Pat Robertson and Tommy Chong both agree to an issue, that pretty much settles the debate.

yermom
12/24/2010, 11:47 AM
kinda what i was thinking

AlboSooner
12/24/2010, 11:50 AM
Robertson is known for making well-reasoned comments, un-swayed by the current winds, or uninhibited by the general lack of foresight and information.

StoopTroup
12/24/2010, 12:50 PM

Reminds me of the claims against alcohol consumption made by the "Temperance" movement in the early 20th c.

IMO....it's because many of them have been chewing xanax like tic tacs for around 10 years before they start smoking weed.

Veritas
12/24/2010, 12:50 PM
Hell, my ultra-conservative mom thinks it should be legalized.

Okla-homey
12/24/2010, 12:55 PM
Hell, my ultra-conservative mom thinks it should be legalized.

Bless her.

Moreover, I'll go you one better. Gay marriage, followed by a reception with pot brownies and weed-filled hookahs oughtta be completely legal. Even in Le Flore County, Oklahoma.:D

StoopTroup
12/24/2010, 12:56 PM
Could we just let it just remain a street drug...call it an herb and allow it to be sold like you'd just picked up some pecans from your yard? I think what the real problem was was in the 1970's I believe it was there was a Subway Driver that ran a car he was in charge of into another car and a bunch of folks were killed and hurt. They blamed it on him for either being high or still under the influence. This started a drug testing festival in this Country. If you smoke weed you can't get a job. It stays in your system in nanograms for 30 to 60 days...not like many of the other street drugs which one could be stopped and after a few days a person's urine test would be clean.

Change the law to stop prosecuting it. Let folks grow their own like a Hobby and stop drug testing people for levels of THC.

Then you can even drop this legalize it BS.

Veritas
12/24/2010, 12:59 PM
Bless her.

Moreover, I'll go you one better. Gay marriage, followed by a reception with pot brownies and weed-filled hookahs oughtta be completely legal. Even in Le Flore County, Oklahoma.:D
Hell yeah. Those opposed to gay marriage need to focus their energies on restoring the significance of hetero marriage. Actually most of the folks I know that get their panties in a wad about the gays could really benefit from a fat spliff.

yermom
12/24/2010, 01:04 PM
Could we just let it just remain a street drug...call it an herb and allow it to be sold like you'd just picked up some pecans from your yard? I think what the real problem was was in the 1970's I believe it was there was a Subway Driver that ran a car he was in charge of into another car and a bunch of folks were killed and hurt. They blamed it on him for either being high or still under the influence. This started a drug testing festival in this Country. If you smoke weed you can't get a job. It stays in your system in nanograms for 30 to 60 days...not like many of the other street drugs which one could be stopped and after a few days a person's urine test would be clean.

Change the law to stop prosecuting it. Let folks grow their own like a Hobby and stop drug testing people for levels of THC.

Then you can even drop this legalize it BS.

but what about the children?

StoopTroup
12/24/2010, 01:10 PM

They can get a free dub for passing their driving test.

Okla-homey
12/24/2010, 02:09 PM

No problemo. Tax weed at absurdly high rates and give all the tax proceeds to the children's crappy public schools. Which won't improve them at all, but it's good political cover.

sooner59
12/24/2010, 02:14 PM
No problemo. Tax weed at absurdly high rates and give all the tax proceeds to the children's crappy public schools. Which won't improve them at all, but it's good political cover.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

StoopTroup
12/24/2010, 02:16 PM
No taxes! Be conservatives! One thing is for sure....no one is gonna throw the pot in Boston Harbor like they did the tea.

soonercruiser
12/24/2010, 02:18 PM
And Robertson is how old???
:rolleyes:
So you guys would vote for him for President now???
:pop:

sooner59
12/24/2010, 02:19 PM

"I resemble that remark!" - Ron

http://www.reagan.com/images/ronald-reagan-picture.jpg

OhU1
12/24/2010, 03:01 PM

Pat is addled. So was Ronnie as it turned out.

sooner59
12/24/2010, 03:06 PM
Heh. Ron was so old. He probably couldn't explain Reaganomics by the time he was sworn in. Likely had people holding queue cards when he was on tv....if he could see them at that age. :D

pphilfran
12/24/2010, 03:07 PM
I think I will smoke a big fat one and celebrate...

sooner59
12/24/2010, 03:10 PM
I think I will smoke a big fat one and celebrate...

You have my blessing. -The man upstairs

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/skippystalin/jesus_buddy_christ.jpg

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2010, 03:50 PM
sQi7A5MW2kQ&feature

Alright, Pat Robertson is on board. If you're still against this, what the hell is your problem? We got the go ahead from Jesus so I don't see what you're worried about.

One great thing about Protestantism is that we can carry on our own dialog with Jesus. I asked him last night and He said (and I quote) "No way, dude! Smoking pot is, like, the Devil."

Jammin'
12/24/2010, 04:01 PM
Pleased to meet you. Won't you guess my name?

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2010, 04:38 PM
Pat Robertson is 80. Someone asked.

Who cares what Pat Robertson thinks? This dude says that smoking pot is no good.

http://celtic.theoffside.com/files/2008/12/joe-friday.jpg

the_ouskull
12/24/2010, 06:54 PM

Even better... Come out in the press and SAY that you're going to give all of that money to public schools, and then, at the last minute, keep finding other "more pressing issues" than "the future" to spend the money on, and then continue to decry the public education system in the state every time an election year rolls around, and pretend not to notice the fact that a high school education is completely worthless because of the system's misguided attempts to make the ignorant and lazy feel better about themselves and their ignorant and lazy parent's attempts to feel like they did something right.

All of that effort could be replaced by studying, and there wouldn't be ANY problems. Now, it's almost not worth it to fail a kid, simply because of the extra paperwork; especially if, God forbid, that child is on an IEP. Then failing them isn't enough. You have to document where you tried to help them as well as their continued failures. (I prefer to have another teacher present when I tell them what they're going to need to do to catch up, and then I photocopy their quizzes and tests for their files. But why can't I just f*cking grade? And you wonder why teachers are stressed-out? It's because they CAN'T "just grade" and "just teach" anymore. They have to do the babysitting that most of the ignorant teen parents aren't doing, all the while trying to avoid lawsuits by walking on eggshells around teens that one solid beating could "cure," and still try to get a little teaching done on the side.

Yeah.

the_ouskull

soonercruiser
12/24/2010, 10:21 PM
Heh. Ron was so old. He probably couldn't explain Reaganomics by the time he was sworn in. Likely had people holding queue cards when he was on tv....if he could see them at that age. :D

Ronnie was called the "Great Communicator" by the Press.
He re-wrote most of his speeches.
And...COULD SPEAK THEM WITHOUT A TELEPROMPTER!
Duh!

soonercruiser
12/24/2010, 10:24 PM
Even better... Come out in the press and SAY that you're going to give all of that money to public schools, and then, at the last minute, keep finding other "more pressing issues" than "the future" to spend the money on, and then continue to decry the public education system in the state every time an election year rolls around, and pretend not to notice the fact that a high school education is completely worthless because of the system's misguided attempts to make the ignorant and lazy feel better about themselves and their ignorant and lazy parent's attempts to feel like they did something right.

All of that effort could be replaced by studying, and there wouldn't be ANY problems. Now, it's almost not worth it to fail a kid, simply because of the extra paperwork; especially if, God forbid, that child is on an IEP. Then failing them isn't enough. You have to document where you tried to help them as well as their continued failures. (I prefer to have another teacher present when I tell them what they're going to need to do to catch up, and then I photocopy their quizzes and tests for their files. But why can't I just f*cking grade? And you wonder why teachers are stressed-out? It's because they CAN'T "just grade" and "just teach" anymore. They have to do the babysitting that most of the ignorant teen parents aren't doing, all the while trying to avoid lawsuits by walking on eggshells around teens that one solid beating could "cure," and still try to get a little teaching done on the side.

Yeah.

the_ouskull

Problem is....too much of the taxes are going to the teacher unions, and administration. We can only hope that is about to "change" in Oklahomie!
Gee! Wonder how my Mother-in-Law could teach 7 grades in the same classroom, and come out with solid citizens?

Okla-homey
12/24/2010, 10:26 PM

Yeah.

the_ouskull

Brother,
Ypu write as though you are one who has done time in trenches on the battlefields we call public screwels. Respect.