PDA

View Full Version : Sandiego St. vs. Our Future Naval Heroes

agoo758
12/23/2010, 08:03 PM
I am amazed of all the work that was done during the last 24 hours to get the stadium ready for play! Is anyone watching this game? This looks to be an entertaining matchup.

agoo758
12/23/2010, 08:35 PM
Number 80 for the Aztecs having a great game for the Aztecs so far. 6 catches and two of them for touchdowns. SDSU leads 14-0.

Soonerson1975
12/23/2010, 08:40 PM
Navy's uni's are cool.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/23/2010, 08:44 PM
I want to get SanDiego State into th Big 12, They should be #11, with maybe BYU for #12.

agoo758
12/23/2010, 08:47 PM
What a pass! Touchdown Navy! 14-7.

CBUS_SOONER
12/23/2010, 08:48 PM
if not harbaugh, i bet hoke gets the meeeeeeechigan job

agoo758
12/23/2010, 08:49 PM
if not harbaugh, i bet hoke gets the meeeeeeechigan job

He looks like kumar!:eek:

Leroy Lizard
12/23/2010, 08:52 PM
What a pass! Touchdown Navy! 14-7.

At first, I thought he just heaved it up for grabs.

agoo758
12/23/2010, 08:56 PM
At first, I thought he just heaved it up for grabs.

You have a way of always assuming the worst out of people don't ya leroid?:D

usaosooner
12/23/2010, 08:57 PM
SDSU is a sleeping giant... All the ingredients are there for a bcs buster

agoo758
12/23/2010, 08:59 PM
Solid run, on their way to tying it up. I've seen Navy erase several multiple score deficits before. Solid team.

cccasooner2
12/23/2010, 10:49 PM
Solid run, on their way to tying it up. I've seen Navy erase several multiple score deficits before. Solid team.

I'm afraid this won't be one of them though. :) I'm a closet Army fan.

Sooner_Tuf
12/23/2010, 10:56 PM
Bummer for Navy (I'm still rooting for them). Five minutes left in the fourth and it is 35-14 SDSU.

If SDSU had a guy like Chuck Long they might be making a NC run :X

85sooners
12/23/2010, 11:28 PM
:gary:

agoo758
12/24/2010, 01:53 AM
Kind of wanted to see Navy win it. O well. Good season for them. Both are very good teams and are primed to make some noise next season!

AlboSooner
12/24/2010, 02:18 AM
SDSU is a sleeping giant... All the ingredients are there for a bcs buster

People say that because they are in a fertile recruiting ground, but other than that SDSU has little going for them.

They have no winning tradition, with a all-time record of .563. They are located in a relaxed city, which is a pro-market and cares little for college football. Facilities aren't good. They share a stadium with the chargers. The administration cares more about research than football. They will get the recruits which about 7-8 teams will not want.

In order to be a sleeping giant, you have to be a giant who happens to sleep, but by goalie when that giant wakes up, watch out. SDSU is a midget, and the appropriate phrase for them should be: they are a sleeping midget....

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2010, 03:22 AM
People say that because they are in a fertile recruiting ground, but other than that SDSU has little going for them.

They have no winning tradition, with a all-time record of .563. They are located in a relaxed city, which is a pro-market and cares little for college football. Facilities aren't good. They share a stadium with the chargers. The administration cares more about research than football. They will get the recruits which about 7-8 teams will not want.

In order to be a sleeping giant, you have to be a giant who happens to sleep, but by goalie when that giant wakes up, watch out. SDSU is a midget, and the appropriate phrase for them should be: they are a sleeping midget....

Winning and recruiting will overcome those problems. What was Florida State's tradition before Bowden, or Miami's reputation before Schnelly?

SDSU is not much of a research institute, so the faculty won't be an issue. (The faculty at OU is more dedicated to research than at SDSU.) And it's a big university. I've always felt that it was the one school that should be playing at a higher level because of its recruiting base. And it has the best weather of just about any place in the U.S. How could one not recruit well there?

Just compare to Miami at the time when it hired Schnelly. SDSU is larger, has better weather, is located in just as fertile of recruiting ground, and has better facilities.

agoo758
12/24/2010, 05:38 AM
Winning and recruiting will overcome those problems. What was Florida State's tradition before Bowden, or Miami's reputation before Schnelly?

SDSU is not much of a research institute, so the faculty won't be an issue. (The faculty at OU is more dedicated to research than at SDSU.) And it's a big university. I've always felt that it was the one school that should be playing at a higher level because of its recruiting base. And it has the best weather of just about any place in the U.S. How could one not recruit well there?

Just compare to Miami at the time when it hired Schnelly. SDSU is larger, has better weather, is located in just as fertile of recruiting ground, and has better facilities.

Point well taken. They need to shell out a few more bucks for the coach they have and they can be a pretty good team for an extended period of time.

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2010, 05:46 AM
I have never been able to figure out SDSU's problem. How could they not succeed? But they manage.

12/24/2010, 12:41 PM

Just compare to Miami at the time when it hired Schnelly. SDSU is larger, has better weather, is located in just as fertile of recruiting ground, and has better facilities.They have the ingredients for Football Excellence, if they would realize it, and make the committment to go for it.

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2010, 05:47 PM
They have the ingredients for Football Excellence, if they would realize it, and make the committment to go for it.

Can you imagine the carnage Switzer would have wreaked if he had coached within that recruiting base?

12/24/2010, 05:57 PM
Can you imagine the carnage Switzer would have wreaked if he had coached within that recruiting base?Maybe something like Pete Carroll did? or Howard Smellsofbourbon did in Miami?

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2010, 06:00 PM
Maybe something like Pete Carroll did? or Howard Smellsofbourbon did in Miami?

Marcus Allen was from San Diego. Wasn't he a wishbone QB in high school? Imagine that.