PDA

View Full Version : ou players dont know their opponent

lasooner123
12/23/2010, 04:41 PM
http://newsok.com/ou-football-players-dont-fare-too-well-in-uconn-quiz/article/3525963#ixzz18wvT0dzh

cracked me up...broyles was cluelesss

meoveryouxinfinity
12/23/2010, 04:44 PM
http://newsok.com/ou-football-players-dont-fare-too-well-in-uconn-quiz/article/3525963#ixzz18wvT0dzh

cracked me up...broyles was cluelesss

it's obvious he's packed and primped for the NFL.

;)

jdd12
12/23/2010, 04:48 PM
crap, isn't this the same reason why * lost to iowa state...cause they didn't know the mascot or fight song? DOOOOOOMMMEED!

jumperstop
12/23/2010, 04:49 PM
Pretty funny, hopefully not to be used as bulletin board material.

bmjlr
12/23/2010, 05:03 PM
Stupid article...if they asked the same questions to UCONN about OU, they probably wouldn't have many answers either. Must be a slow press day. Plus, I would rather not give UCONN more bulletin board material.

Leroy Lizard
12/23/2010, 05:05 PM
6. What is the name of their All-American running back?

Jordan Todman might need to borrow Edsall's publicist. No player got this right, either. Ikard was in the ballpark with “Todson.” So was Nelson with “Todd Doorman.” Both Nelson and Stills did know he wore No. 23.

Read more: http://newsok.com/ou-football-players-dont-fare-too-well-in-uconn-quiz/article/3525963#ixzz18yVt1c2k

If he doesn't know his name after the game, then all went well.

Leroy Lizard
12/23/2010, 05:06 PM
Stupid article...if they asked the same questions to UCONN about OU, they probably wouldn't have many answers either. Must be a slow press day. Plus, I would rather not give UCONN more bulletin board material.

I think everyone on their team knows that Bob Stoops coaches the Sooners. :)

SoonerShay
12/23/2010, 05:16 PM
Are we reading the same article? Because it looks like they got a lot of the answers right or close to right.

Most of us know about Uconn basketball, because ESPN rams it down OUr throats every second they can.

How many BCS teams this year have a more popular womens basketball team? No matter how good the womens team is, that means your team is pathetic.

stoopified
12/23/2010, 05:56 PM
I bet the Sooner players know what schemes and plays UConn uses and that IS WHAT THEY NEED TO KNOW.

btb916
12/23/2010, 06:01 PM
I bet the Sooner players know what schemes and plays UConn uses and that IS WHAT THEY NEED TO KNOW.

I hope they know Todd Dorman's number to know when he's on the field.

Leroy Lizard
12/23/2010, 06:15 PM
This just goes to show how much players pay attention to anything said in here.

85sooners
12/23/2010, 06:16 PM
:pop:

badger
12/23/2010, 06:17 PM
I don't know their All-American running back, but let's try a few to see how we do, eh?

1. A player on UConn's team died during the season last year. What was his name?

2. The jersey of this player was on the sideline of every game until they could win in his honor. Fans also waved his jersey number on signs in the stands, as did West Virginia fans out of respect. What number was his jersey.

3. After a few attempts, UConn finally honored this fallen player with a win over which opponent? In other words, what was UConn's first win after this tragedy?

4. UConn is a recent addition to Div. 1 football so go play intramurals, brother. What year did they join the Big East as a football school?

5. While this is UConn's first BCS appearance, they actually shared a Big East conference championship in football once before. What year?

6. The mascot is ugly, but is not entirely blue and white in its little artist's rendering. What other color is featured in the traditional UConn Husky drawing?

7. Token womens basketball question - when OU nearly defeated the Lady Huskies in Norman last basketball season, what color filled all of LNC?

8. Know yer conference question - How many teams will play football in the Big East next season and how many teams are in the Big East conference altogether? Just for fun, name 'em.

9. Obama recently repealed "Don't ask, Don't tell" which was uttered at LNC when a UConn mens basketball player was at the free throw line this past decade. Name this unluckily named player.

10. The joke goes "They named the town Storrs, because they added another." I dare you to name a worse college town than Storrs. Explain why for full credit.

texaspokieokie
12/23/2010, 06:20 PM
can't answer any of those.

badger
12/23/2010, 06:25 PM
I don't know their All-American running back, but let's try a few to see how we do, eh?

1. A player on UConn's team died during the season last year. What was his name?

2. The jersey of this player was on the sideline of every game until they could win in his honor. Fans also waved his jersey number on signs in the stands, as did West Virginia fans out of respect. What number was his jersey.

3. After a few attempts, UConn finally honored this fallen player with a win over which opponent? In other words, what was UConn's first win after this tragedy?

4. UConn is a recent addition to Div. 1 football so go play intramurals, brother. What year did they join the Big East as a football school?

5. While this is UConn's first BCS appearance, they actually shared a Big East conference championship in football once before. What year?

6. The mascot is ugly, but is not entirely blue and white in its little artist's rendering. What other color is featured in the traditional UConn Husky drawing?

7. Token womens basketball question - when OU nearly defeated the Lady Huskies in Norman last basketball season, what color filled all of LNC?

8. Know yer conference question - How many teams will play football in the Big East next season and how many teams are in the Big East conference altogether? Just for fun, name 'em.

9. Obama recently repealed "Don't ask, Don't tell" which was uttered at LNC when a UConn mens basketball player was at the free throw line this past decade. Name this unluckily named player.

10. The joke goes "They named the town Storrs, because they added another." I dare you to name a worse college town than Storrs. Explain why for full credit.

Don't look at this post if you're trying to come up with the answers yourself.

1. Jasper Howard was fatally stabbed last season. I know West Virginia wasn't exactly the most classy when they faced us at the Fiesta, but they were very classy facing UConn after his death.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/10/25/sports/25uconn_CA0/articleLarge.jpg

2. #6.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/11/01/amd_jazz.jpg

3. This was actually really sad, because they desperately wanted to win and just couldn't... but UConn's losses turned into everyone gain when they finally got their win against Notre Dame!
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/11/22/alg_moore_jersey.jpg

4. From Wikipedia - Connecticut first fielded a team in 1896, and participated in Division I-AA until 1999. The Huskies began their two-year Division I-A transition period in 2000, and became a full-fledged Division I-A team in 2002. They began play in the Big East in 2004.

5. 2007, shared with... West Virginia.

6. Red, the ugly tongue hanging out of the Husky's mouth. Ewww.
http://pittpeas.mlblogs.com/uconn.jpg

7. Pink.
http://pictures.replayphotos.com/images/OK/md/university-of-oklahoma-basketball-w-automatically-imported--ok-wbk-auto-00008md.jpg

8. Probably nine, but possibly more if they keep this crap up. This crazy conference has 16 teams going on 17 with TCU, with talk of more football, more schools?!?!?!?! Somebody seriously provide insight into this.

9. Rudy Gay. Yes, this actually happened.

10. Lubbock has no trees.

Wayne Jarvis
12/23/2010, 07:04 PM
Stills didn't know who coached UConn football, but correctly offered up the name of the women's basketball coach: “Geno Auriemma.”

Okay, that made me laugh.

agoo758
12/23/2010, 07:11 PM

LA TECH in Ruston, LA.

Summers are unbearably hot and humid,(at least Storrs has a comfortable cool summer) none of the residents have any of their teeth, customers service in all the restaurants and stores are TERRIBLE. and no nightlife.

Edit: Natchitoches comes in at a verrrryyy close second.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/23/2010, 09:04 PM
Stillwater. No further explanation needed.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/23/2010, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure that none of those players being able to name a single town in Connecticut reflects well on OU academics.

On the other hand, I did live there for the dullest 20 months of my life. So I'm not that surprised.

kevpks
12/23/2010, 09:47 PM

qy3CxhOPrd8

StoopTroup
12/23/2010, 10:34 PM
3, 5, 6, 9 and 10 were the only question that came close to something that might be non-Jenny in Nature and 6 was really the only one I think everyone of the guys should know. IMO...if I was a player and heading towards the Fiesta Bowl with a Venables attitude to put an end to this BCS losing effort stigma....I'd know every player that I though I'd have to look in the eye or have to beat every snap. That being said...It seems to me the players were putting on the DOK and acting like a bunch of "Huh?" "What"'s. Just IMO.

MrJimBeam
12/24/2010, 06:44 AM
I'm not sure that none of those players being able to name a single town in Connecticut reflects well on OU academics.

I'd feel the same way, if every player were enrolled in Connecticut Geography 101.

bmjlr
12/24/2010, 10:01 AM

On the other hand, I did live there for the dullest 20 months of my life. So I'm not that surprised.

I cannot name a single town in Connecticut...but then again, I'm not bright. :D

badger
12/24/2010, 10:54 AM

I can name two - Storrs, where The Conn is located, and Stamford, where WWE is headquartered. In other words, not a lot is in that tiny state :D

texas bandman
12/24/2010, 11:24 AM
Isn't Hartford in Connecticut? What do I win? :D

PrideTrombone
12/24/2010, 12:03 PM

4. 2004, I think?

7. Probably pink, for breast cancer awareness.

8. 8 football-playing schools... UConn, WVU, Cincinnati, USF, Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers, and Louisville.
16 total - add Villanova, Georgetown, DePaul, Marquette, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, St. John's and Providence.

TCU joins in 2012.

10. Carbondale, IL; Manahttan, KS; Starkville, MS, any city with a college in the Dakotas. At least Storrs is somewhat close to good places. Any of these cities is at least a 2-hour drive from anything interesting.

Jacie
12/24/2010, 12:24 PM

There's New Haven, I think that is the state capitol and that one from the movie, Mystic Pizza . . .

oklaclarinet
12/24/2010, 12:29 PM
There's New Haven, I think that is the state capitol and that one from the movie, Mystic Pizza . . .

Hartford is the capital (and in the middle of the state), New Haven is the home to Yale University (and on the coast). The one from Mystic Pizza, that would be Mystic.

NMSooner'80
12/24/2010, 01:09 PM

No kidding. There are probably people in Connecticut who think Oklahomans still live in teepees and travel by covered wagon on dirt roads.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/24/2010, 01:47 PM
I can't believe none of you came up with Bristol, home of your favorite, ESPN.

texaspokieokie
12/24/2010, 03:14 PM
No kidding. There are probably people in Connecticut who think Oklahomans still live in teepees and travel by covered wagon on dirt roads.

nope, that's only in nm.

Soonerfan88
12/24/2010, 04:28 PM
3. Notre Dame

6. Red tongue

7. Pink

8. 8 football schools, 16 schools for other sports

Guess ESPN, in Bristol CT, isn't as important to college players as they think... :D

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2010, 04:49 PM
Today I would have identified Storrs, New Haven, Hartford, and Stamford, but I don't think I could have recalled all four if pressed. When I was 20 I would have probably identified New Haven and Hartford.

What Oklahoma Cities would UConn players identify? Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Probably Norman, but that is only because of the prominence of the football team. Muskogee if they happened to be old-time country fans. But since they're not...

BTW, Novus Dae is a great alternative band from Connecticut. Check 'em out.

texaspokieokie
12/24/2010, 05:34 PM
i know more OK towns than i do cn towns.