PDA

View Full Version : The Miz

GDC
12/23/2010, 02:17 PM
I haven't watched wrestling in forever, but heard about The Miz supposedly having the best schtick since The Rock's hey day. I looked up some videos and frankly just didn't get it. Guess I'm getting too old for that ****e.

Boomer.....
12/23/2010, 02:23 PM
Isn't he the one from The Real World?

GDC
12/23/2010, 02:41 PM
According to Wikipedia, yes.

http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/The-Miz-wwe-superstar-5.jpg

Boomer.....
12/23/2010, 02:50 PM
Looks like a dumb **** to me.

Soonerson1975
12/23/2010, 02:53 PM
Looks like a dumb **** to me.

I think that guy is a Mod on OUinsiders.

Leroy Lizard
12/23/2010, 03:09 PM
http://www.billiardclub.net/absolut/images/articles/miz.jpg

2121Sooner
12/23/2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah, he was on the real world and all he wanted to be back then was a WWF wrestler.

Good for him for going after what he wanted.

He is still a nimrod, but he worked his arse off to get what he wanted. Kind of wish more in America didnt sit back and suckle off the teet of the Guvmint.

usaosooner
12/23/2010, 03:47 PM
He's the most entertaining heel they got right now.

He does solid work

ouleaf
12/23/2010, 04:00 PM
From Real World moron to WWE champ is quite a story. He is pretty solid on the Mic which definitely helps your career more than actual wrestling proficiency. Congrats to him though.

jumperstop
12/23/2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah, he was on the real world and all he wanted to be back then was a WWF wrestler.

Good for him for going after what he wanted.

He is still a nimrod, but he worked his arse off to get what he wanted. Kind of wish more in America didnt sit back and suckle off the teet of the Guvmint.

It helps when the real world made you famous too.

OUthunder
12/23/2010, 04:48 PM
The WWE heavyweight champ.

jumperstop
12/23/2010, 04:51 PM
The WWE heavyweight champ.

That means nothing if it's fake.

MR2-Sooner86
12/23/2010, 04:52 PM
When Stone Cold left I lost interest.

OUthunder
12/23/2010, 04:56 PM
That means nothing if it's fake.

**** off dip****, it is real...damn real. :D

badger
12/23/2010, 05:40 PM
He does pretty good work on the mic, but he is not in the same league at the Rock and may never be.

However, to his credit, he was not grandfathered into the business the way others have - sons, grandsons nephews of wrestlers, nieces of bret hart, etc. He had to work his arse off to be taken seriously and at one point was kicked out of the locker room by the veteran wrestlers. He was close to getting let go by the company, but somehow stayed on, then started moving up the chain. So, good for him.

I really thought that Mr. Kennedy (now Mr. Anderson on TNA Wrestling) would be in Miz's position, but alas, injuries and one botched move with a (three-generation) superstar later, he was future-endeavored.

I try to watch wrestling, but have not really enjoyed it as much as I used to.

oumartin
12/23/2010, 06:08 PM
Orton is the best.

mgsooner
12/23/2010, 06:28 PM
If you consider having a tag line "Because I'm the Miz, and I'm AWESOME!" and saying "Really? Really? Really?" over and over again being good on the mic, then you must have really low expectations.

"Miz" may not have been grandfathered into the business, but there's no way in hail he is the champ right now if he wasn't universally known as Mike from the Real World. His mic work is overrated, as is his in ring work. His finishing move is freaking terrible.

When he is back from injury, the WWE needs to wisen up and finally give Christian a big push. His mic work is about as good as they have these days.

OUthunder
12/23/2010, 06:39 PM
If you consider having a tag line "Because I'm the Miz, and I'm AWESOME!" and saying "Really? Really? Really?" over and over again being good on the mic, then you must have really low expectations.

"Miz" may not have been grandfathered into the business, but there's no way in hail he is the champ right now if he wasn't universally known as Mike from the Real World. His mic work is overrated, as is his in ring work. His finishing move is freaking terrible.

When he is back from injury, the WWE needs to wisen up and finally give Christian a big push. His mic work is about as good as they have these days.

I disagree on the Miz but agree with you on Christian. I want to see him the champ one day. Can't wait to see a HHH/Sheamus program soon.

I don't watch as much as I used to, but a few of the programs are fun to watch.

badger
12/23/2010, 06:43 PM
You know what makes people sound good on the mic? Crowd interaction. The fact that the crowd actually gets into what he says makes him sound better. So many wrestlers don't get that going anymore - it's why shows in Philly are 20 times more entertaining just because of where they are.

If there's one thing I want them to push, it's the lesser belts. Make people care about tag teams, female wrestlers and high flyers again. I know Vince has in his mind the stereotypical wrestler that he wants (Triple H and John Cena clones) but not everyone's gonna be like them and that's a GOOD thing!

If there's anything I want less of, it's corny crap that is geared at kids (that I think they probably don't like either). Longer matches that are filled with generic-ness is the main reason I switch channels, but the corniness is getting excessive too.

mgsooner
12/23/2010, 06:51 PM
If there's anything I want less of, it's corny crap that is geared at kids (that I think they probably don't like either). Longer matches that are filled with generic-ness is the main reason I switch channels, but the corniness is getting excessive too.

That is the main reason it has been going downhill since Austin and the Rock departed, they have gone to this PG B.S. The main reason for that is Cena. I can understand why they are doing it (just check out how many kiddies are wearing Cena tees at each event), but that doesn't make it any less lame.

In some ways Cena has become the monster on their backs that they can't get rid of. He's obviously the cash cow, but his whole persona really limits what they can do with him creatively. They can't make him a heel because it would put a big dent in his merchandise sales. I will say that the whole Nexus/Cena angle is the best thing they've done with him in quite some time, but that has just about petered out at this point.

cccasooner2
12/23/2010, 06:55 PM
He was close to getting let go by the company, but somehow stayed on, then started moving up the chain.

His jaw muscles must be real sore.

badger
12/24/2010, 12:25 PM
nyuck nyuck :D

yermom
12/24/2010, 12:36 PM
it's pretty crazy that he actually crossed over from MTV

i can't remember when i stopped watching wrestling, but it was way before WWE

Ric Flair, now THAT is a heel. WOOOO!