PDA

View Full Version : Speakin of T-Bone whatever happened

olevetonahill
12/23/2010, 10:04 AM
About him stealin that hunk of sidewalk er whatever from Holdenville ?

Judge Smails
12/23/2010, 10:45 AM
I think he had to return the cement, but I don't think he received any prison time.

Boomer.....
12/23/2010, 10:53 AM
Accused thief and vandal (and energy investor) T. Boone Pickens has returned a concrete slab that his name engraved on it to the ranch where his guys took it from.

http://www.businessinsider.com/t-boone-pickens-returns-concrete-slab-2009-7

Of course no charges were filed. :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
12/23/2010, 11:00 AM
This says a Ranch, Thot it was from a House in Holdenville?:confused:

Boomer.....
12/23/2010, 11:03 AM
Actually, I thought it was too. Huh.

badger
12/23/2010, 12:01 PM
It was just a house. It got returned. There were several stories on it, but in a nutshell, someone had the concrete slab removed, possibly his wife as a gift for T. Bone, possibly T. Bone himself because he thought the house looked in disrepair and wanted to get the slab out since the house looked abandoned anyway, possibly others.

In any event, the slab was in T. Boone's possession when it was discovered that it was missing and in fact, had an owner that wanted it back because of the house's history.

The slab got returned, but Pokes still can't beat the Sooners.

The end.

Sooner_Tuf
12/23/2010, 02:27 PM
Corporate and Driveway Raider.

Leroy Lizard
12/23/2010, 02:50 PM
It was just a house. It got returned. There were several stories on it, but in a nutshell, someone had the concrete slab removed, possibly his wife as a gift for T. Bone, possibly T. Bone himself because he thought the house looked in disrepair and wanted to get the slab out since the house looked abandoned anyway, possibly others.

IIRC, here is what happened.

T Boone called up the city of Holdenville and asked whether he could remove the chunk of sidewalk for its sentimental value. The city, knowing that T Boone was loaded, demanded an outrageous amount. T Boone balked, at which point the city claimed it was planning on destroying the sidewalk to put in a water pipe. T Boone hired a crew to steal the sidewalk instead.

Now, that may be a Poke version of things.

If I was T Boone, I would have simply hired a crew to pour a new slab and signed it. That would have made everyone happy.

OULenexaman
12/23/2010, 03:00 PM
Dahyum......Leroy gots him a source too.....

usaosooner
12/23/2010, 03:46 PM
T.Boone makes people wear concrete shoes?

stoopified
12/23/2010, 06:06 PM
Why didn't T.Boone just buy Holdenville? It would be a better use of his money than osu football.

Leroy Lizard
12/23/2010, 06:21 PM
Why didn't T.Boone just buy Holdenville? It would be a better us of his money than osu football.

You don't get it. T Boone wanted to buy the chunk of sidewalk to remove it from Holdenville. Why would he want the town?

Crimson Kid
12/23/2010, 06:23 PM
IIRC, here is what happened.

T Boone called up the city of Holdenville and asked whether he could remove the chunk of sidewalk for its sentimental value. The city, knowing that T Boone was loaded, demanded an outrageous amount. T Boone balked, at which point the city claimed it was planning on destroying the sidewalk to put in a water pipe. T Boone hired a crew to steal the sidewalk instead.

Now, that may be a Poke version of things.

If I was T Boone, I would have simply hired a crew to pour a new slab and signed it. That would have made everyone happy.

Not the same. That was a old sig from when he was a kid. worth alot more then him making a new one at 110 yrs old. :D

Leroy Lizard
12/23/2010, 06:31 PM
[/B]

Not the same. That was a old sig from when he was a kid. worth alot more then him making a new one at 110 yrs old. :D

It wasn't worth anything. It wasn't a tourist attraction. Holdenville would have a hard time substantiating its worth beyond the price of the concrete.

BTW, the original complaint was filed by the man who owned the house. However, it was pointed out to him that the sidewalk sat on city property.

StoopTroup
12/23/2010, 07:08 PM
Dahyum......Leroy gots him a source too.....

The kind of source that seemingly has good reach into the inner workings of the lil brother hierarchy. I believe we have discovered another poke spy. I've suspected this for awhile but now we have actual proof.

Leroy Lizard
12/23/2010, 07:28 PM
The kind of source that seemingly has good reach into the inner workings of the lil brother hierarchy. I believe we have discovered another poke spy. I've suspected this for awhile but now we have actual proof.

http://www.unlimitedperfumes.com/images/obsession-men.jpg

Sooner_Tuf
12/24/2010, 05:19 PM
It wasn't worth anything. It wasn't a tourist attraction. Holdenville would have a hard time substantiating its worth beyond the price of the concrete.

BTW, the original complaint was filed by the man who owned the house. However, it was pointed out to him that the sidewalk sat on city property.

It was worth something to T Boone or wife to go get it. It was worth something to the man that owned it or he wouldn't have fought to get it back.

Just because something has no value to you doesn't mean it doesn't to others. For example I don't care anything about gay rights, on the other hand I would imagine they are tremendously important to you.

olevetonahill
12/24/2010, 05:20 PM
It was worth something to T Boone or wife to go get it. It was worth something to the man that owned it or he wouldn't have fought to get it back.

Just because something has no value to you doesn't mean it doesn't to others. For example I don't care anything about gay rights, on the other hand I would imagine they are tremendously important to you.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2010, 05:21 PM

The man didn't own it.

The value to T Boone is irrelevant. What mattes is the value to the city, and that value is the price of the concrete and the labor to pour it.

That was lame.

StoopTroup
12/24/2010, 05:25 PM
That was lame.

But that's irrelevant because it was funny and accurate.

TIA Vet.

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2010, 05:25 PM
But that's irrelevant because it was funny.

But that irrelevant?

StoopTroup
12/24/2010, 05:29 PM
But that irrelevant?

huh?

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2010, 05:31 PM
huh?

Exactly.

StoopTroup
12/24/2010, 05:32 PM
Candy Cane

olevetonahill
12/24/2010, 05:33 PM
But that's irrelevant because it was accurate.

FIFY :D

Sooner_Tuf
12/25/2010, 03:04 PM
That was lamé.

FIFY

King Barry's Back
12/25/2010, 03:24 PM
The man didn't own it.

The value to T Boone is irrelevant. What mattes is the value to the city, and that value is the price of the concrete and the labor to pour it.

That's not true. A piece of concrete, and a similar piece of concrete signed by a famous celebrity (at least a "famous celebrity" by OSU stds, he is rich and not retarded) in his childhood long before fame found him, have vastly different intrisic values and the courts have consistently ruled this way.

As I recall, you can't be compensated for sentimental value, but surely the "signed" cement would have some historical/collector value -- I'd guess not more than a few hundred bucks. But that's more than plain, 70 year old cement would be worth.

70sooner
12/26/2010, 12:53 PM
actually it was determined it was in fact, not on a city right of way/city property, but on the owners property.

that's why t-boone had to give it back.

there was a long thread on on orange power, I believe, that was started by the owner of said house, who happens to be an OSU fan, and he explained his side of the story. quite the interesting thread, actually. most of the other puke fans were pretty much bashing the poor guy and siding with T-bones thievery and his right to do so. pretty sad, really......

olevetonahill
12/26/2010, 01:00 PM
actually it was determined it was in fact, not on a city right of way/city property, but on the owners property.

that's why t-boone had to give it back.

there was a long thread on on orange power, I believe, that was started by the owner of said house, who happens to be an OSU fan, and he explained his side of the story. quite the interesting thread, actually. most of the other puke fans were pretty much bashing the poor guy and siding with T-bones thievery and his right to do so. pretty sad, really......

some one else mentioned that. Do you have a link ?

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 03:34 PM
That's not true. A piece of concrete, and a similar piece of concrete signed by a famous celebrity (at least a "famous celebrity" by OSU stds, he is rich and not retarded) in his childhood long before fame found him, have vastly different intrisic values and the courts have consistently ruled this way.

As I recall, you can't be compensated for sentimental value, but surely the "signed" cement would have some historical/collector value -- I'd guess not more than a few hundred bucks. But that's more than plain, 70 year old cement would be worth.

From what I understand (and again this is just from memory) the city wanted thousands for it once they found out that T Boone wanted it.

It would be an interesting lawsuit, because the block belongs to the city but the signature belongs to him. It's his artistic creation and he never contracted with the city to sell it. If anything, he signed the contract against the city's wishes.

I dunno how this would play out.

olevetonahill
12/26/2010, 03:45 PM
^ :rolleyes:

Radar's Left Hand
12/26/2010, 03:48 PM
From what I understand (and again this is just from memory) the city wanted thousands for it once they found out that T Boone wanted it.

It would be an interesting lawsuit, because the block belongs to the city but the signature belongs to him. It's his artistic creation and he never contracted with the city to sell it. If anything, he signed the contract against the city's wishes.

I just went by and signed this beautiful new building in our city. I guess I own it now. :D

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 04:17 PM
I just went by and signed this beautiful new building in our city. I guess I own it now. :D

I never said he owned the sidewalk. This was about how much the sidewalk was worth.

Suppose the sidewalk was accidentally destroyed while in T Boone's possession. Never minding the criminal laws broken (theft), what could the city (or owner of the house for that matter) claim in court for damages? I honestly don't know. Sure they could try for tens of thousands of dollars, but it was T Boone's own signature that gave the sidewalk its worth. It would be an easy call if the city had contracted for the signature, but T Boone signed it when he was just a minor.

I just think it's an interesting case.

StoopTroup
12/26/2010, 04:21 PM
It's interesting as to how stupid it all is.....

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 04:23 PM
It's interesting as to how stupid it all is.....

Yeah, whatever StoopTroup.

StoopTroup
12/26/2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah, whatever StoopTroup.

STFU.

Sooner_Tuf
12/26/2010, 05:05 PM
some one else mentioned that. Do you have a link ?

Here are some links where they are eating their own over the issue.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=70886&highlight=sidewalk+Holdenville

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=70369&highlight=sidewalk+Holdenville

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=89680&highlight=sidewalk+Holdenville

Apparently is OK to steal as long as you are T Boone.

Sooner_Tuf
12/26/2010, 05:06 PM
I never said he owned the sidewalk. This was about how much the sidewalk was worth.

Suppose the sidewalk was accidentally destroyed while in T Boone's possession. Never minding the criminal laws broken (theft), what could the city (or owner of the house for that matter) claim in court for damages? I honestly don't know. Sure they could try for tens of thousands of dollars, but it was T Boone's own signature that gave the sidewalk its worth. It would be an easy call if the city had contracted for the signature, but T Boone signed it when he was just a minor.

I just think it's an interesting case.

OJ is in prison for stealing items that he had previously signed.

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 05:08 PM
OJ is in prison for stealing items that he had previously signed.

What part of

"Never minding the criminal laws broken (theft)"

do you not understand?

70sooner
12/26/2010, 05:14 PM

the city never wanted anything out of the slab, because they weren't even sure who actually owned it. T-Bone wasn't even in the picture as any kind of owner because the house was sold to this McCart guy and as the article below states, McCart was ruled the rightful owner. And like I said, there was a thread on orangepower.com but I'm not registered so I can't search it and find the thread that was started by McCart.

02-26-2010, 07:52 PM
HOLDENVILLE — A concrete slab bearing the childhood signature of billionaire T. Boone Pickens has been returned to the homeowner.

Left: The concrete slab bearing the childhood signature of Texas billionaire T. Boone Pickens has been returned to David and Saundra McCart, who own the property where Pickens’ grandmother once lived.

Associate District Judge Gordon Allen ruled that David and Saundra McCart, owners of Pickens’ late grandmother’s house, are the rightful owners of the signature that Pickens claimed responsibility for cutting out of the driveway in June.

"We got it unloaded this morning,” David McCart said, adding that he locked it in a storage building.

"We don’t feel it’s safe to put it back over at the house at this time,” McCart said.

The 3-foot-by-2-foot slab weighs about 400 pounds and had been in a city building the past seven months until the judge on Friday ordered the chunk of history returned to McCart.

As a boy of 10 or 11, Pickens scratched his name in 1939 in the freshly poured concrete on his grandmother’s driveway.

It remained undisturbed, next door to Pickens’ childhood home, until last spring. For his birthday in May 2008, Pickens’ wife, Madeleine, moved her husband’s childhood home from Holdenville to their Texas ranch.

Pickens said in a previous statement he stopped by his grandmother’s former home and thought it had become an eyesore.

He told his crews to cut out his signature. The slab was whisked away to Texas, but Pickens’ crew returned it to the city in July after McCart protested.

It remained there as city officials and McCart disagreed over whether the slab was on city easement or on the McCarts’ property.

The ruling was filed in Hughes County Courthouse on Feb. 11.

McCart said he is waiting to see if police turn over a report on the missing slab to the district attorney to determine whether Pickens will be prosecuted for theft and vandalism.

"We haven’t got to an outcome. We crossed a small bridge,” McCart said.

District Attorney Chris Ross said he would need a police report before deciding whether to pursue prosecution of Pickens.

McCart said he isn’t interested in any offers from Pickens and intends to return the signature to his driveway.

Pickens couldn’t be reached for comment.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/article/3441976?searched=boone%20pickens&custom_click=search#ixzz0ghWTiKL0

olevetonahill
12/26/2010, 05:31 PM
Here are some links where they are eating their own over the issue.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=70886&highlight=sidewalk+Holdenville

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=70369&highlight=sidewalk+Holdenville

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=89680&highlight=sidewalk+Holdenville

Apparently is OK to steal as long as you are T Boone.

Dayum Bro. Most of them sound as Confused as limptard :pop:

StoopTroup
12/26/2010, 05:36 PM
Maybe some of them are limptard.

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2010, 05:52 PM
Maybe some of them are limptard.

http://www.chemist2go.co.uk/i/products/obsession_for_men.jpg

70sooner
12/26/2010, 06:10 PM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=70369&highlight=sidewalk+Holdenville&page=11

read the last post on this page. it is from the owner of the house where the slab was taken from. pretty sad how this guy was so vilified both before and after his initial post.

Sooner_Tuf
12/26/2010, 07:17 PM
What part of

"Never minding the criminal laws broken (theft)"

do you not understand?

What part of taking things that don't belong to you is wrong do you not understand? Your memory, among other things I'm sure, sucks.