PDA

View Full Version : UT's Scandal?

KantoSooner
12/22/2010, 03:44 PM
The gist of the story, as I understood it was:

UT's recruitment hostesses (in some number, the story varies) were sexually misused (rape? physical? the story varies) by recruits (maybe players now?) and this fact was known and/or the behaviour was condoned/hidden by at least one coach. Apparently this story has been cooking for some time (since the summer?) and is going to break 'any minute'. Indictments, grandstanding, the works.

Then nothing.

I don't need references to other threads explaiining what did or did not happen.

I'm just curious, if anyone on this board knows, why and how such an incidiary story can not get more attention. Is it all BS? Or is there some reality to it?

Leroy Lizard
12/22/2010, 03:46 PM
I think this is what happens when an anonymous blogger (some dude name Shuttlesworth) figures that if he prints enough wild stories, eventually one of them will come true. Or, he simply liked having the short term gains in exposure.

My gut feeling is that we may have heard the last of this, as the participants will probably settle.

Remember that the ex-UT linebacker Bobino was never arrested for clocking that woman outside a bar. Austin is just that way. One of the advantages of playing in a big city is that trouble is easier to disguise.

AlboSooner
12/22/2010, 03:50 PM
Texas plays the game of misinformation as well as anybody out there.

KantoSooner
12/22/2010, 03:58 PM
Well, too bad. I had hoped for a nice nasty scandal at UT to keep my winter football fires crackling along. Something with a bit of true, across the board opprobrium attached to it. And then some serious sanctions just before summer practices start.
Well, if it's not to be, it's not to be.

OhU1
12/22/2010, 04:21 PM
Isn't sexual favors part of the duties of a "recruitment hostess"?

jdd12
12/22/2010, 04:23 PM
It'll get swept under the rug and their dbag fans will continue with the "holier than thou" act.

And lolcruitocosm, they're the ones that busted out the "players have been told to lie" story.

http://twitter.com/Recruitocosm/status/15164675922595840

Could they throw more **** against the wall using that Twitter account, maybe? I guess something might stick now and then...

texaspokieokie
12/22/2010, 04:24 PM
Isn't sexual favors part of the duties of a "recruitment hostess"?

not @ tejas, or they'd all be guys.

Jacie
12/22/2010, 04:53 PM
not @ tejas, or they'd all be guys.

They are called Angels and Gabriels (yes, some of em are guys). All I could get out of it was that the guy who ran the show has taken a leave of absence as has his wife, who also works for sa*et, until the matter is settled/swept under the rug. Could be interesting to ask resident whorns (assuming any of them return) since some of them claim to be insiders or at least cozy with one.

soonervegas
12/22/2010, 04:59 PM
UT is the best in the business as some things........and damage control is one of them

MsProudSooner
12/22/2010, 05:07 PM
With Gloria Allred involved, it will take 100 times more money to sweep it under the rug than it would have without her involved.

unbiasedtruth
12/22/2010, 05:34 PM
Cleve Bryant is the person of interest and his wife on LOA from UT. She is some sort of counciler and he was an assistant AD to football operations with both very good and long time friends of Mack Brown. Supposedly there are 2 coaches involved, one is their strength and conditioning coach, mad dog madden and the other is the wide reciver coach bobby kennedy.

you can find pics and bio here
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/coaches-bios.html

and the cleve bryant saga starts here.....

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/topstories/stories/101910dnspoutlede.1a81547.html

and another article thats says cleve bryant is falsely accused

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/cleve-bryants-attorney-says-client-was-falsely-accused-979356.html

and what MsProudSooner says.... with Gloria Allred this will not go away easily....

budbarrybob
12/22/2010, 05:52 PM
Bah, its all just a head-fake to throw the media of of its football suckitude...

OhU1
12/22/2010, 10:38 PM
They are called Angels and Gabriels (yes, some of em are guys).

That's as gay as a bowl of dicks, cum on a mustache, and Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies.

mdklatt
12/22/2010, 10:40 PM
Supposedly there are 2 coaches involved, one is their strength and conditioning coach, mad dog madden and the other is the wide reciver coach bobby kennedy.

Mad Dog is gone. Don't know if this is because of the scandal or because * sucked at lifting weights this year.

85sooners
12/22/2010, 10:46 PM
:pop: