PDA

View Full Version : Worst Play Ever

Leroy Lizard
12/21/2010, 01:29 PM
I just came across this one. Wow. I cannot recall ever seeing a player have a mental lock quite like this.

Sorry if this is old hat.

COUWVeRzs0c

Tulsa_Fireman
12/21/2010, 01:32 PM
Yes, my screen name is Leroy Lizard and I get my rocks off dumping on high school kids.

The only epic fail is in this post.

madillsoonerfan5353
12/21/2010, 01:33 PM
That made me LOL! :D

:gary:

sappstuf
12/21/2010, 01:36 PM
Yes, my screen name is Leroy Lizard and I get my rocks off dumping on high school kids.

The only epic fail is in this post.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/LightenupFrancis.jpg

jumperstop
12/21/2010, 01:36 PM
Seen it a while back, what the hell was that kid thinking?

Leroy Lizard
12/21/2010, 01:39 PM
Seen it a while back, what the hell was that kid thinking?

"The fact that I'm carrying the football is the problem. If I toss the football, the problem goes away."

Seriously.

Sooner_Tuf
12/21/2010, 01:41 PM
I would guess he was trying to get it out of the back of the end zone.

texaspokieokie
12/21/2010, 01:43 PM
a vike lineman picked up a fumble or got interception & ran it back the wrong way. was a safety.
(the 2 point kind)

jumperstop
12/21/2010, 01:43 PM
"The fact that I'm carrying the football is the problem. If I toss the football, the problem goes away."

Seriously.

Lol, might could have worked if he threw it more back rather than up. Ehh probably not though, should have gone down as soon as he caught the ball off the ****ed up pitch.

Leroy Lizard
12/21/2010, 01:45 PM
a vike lineman picked up a fumble or got interception & ran it back the wrong way. was a safety.
(the 2 point kind)

Jim Marshall. And of course there was Roy Riegals (sp?).

btb916
12/21/2010, 02:59 PM
Why make fun of high school kids when we can make fun of the Cocks?

Stephen Garcia, in South Carolina's win over Alabama, fumbled it deep in their own territory. He picked it up and with a few yards to just fall down, he instead threw it out of the back of the endzone.

Sh1T happens

agoo758
12/21/2010, 03:03 PM
Leroy, not only has this been posted in previous threads, but you've commented in those threads.

btb916
12/21/2010, 03:03 PM
Leroy, not only has this been posted in previous threads, but you've commented in those threads.

Who's your source

agoo758
12/21/2010, 03:04 PM
Who's your source

Gary England

85sooners
12/21/2010, 03:08 PM

budbarrybob
12/21/2010, 03:15 PM
I thought it was funny. My sources say the dude shoulda taken the loss.

Leroy Lizard
12/21/2010, 03:33 PM

My memory must be bad. Link?

jkjsooner
12/21/2010, 03:45 PM
The thing that would upset me if I were his coach is that the kid thought he could rely on his superior athleticism over what the coaches have instructed him to do. He thought he could give ground and open some space to make positive yardage. When that didn't work he just kept trying it because he thought he was superman or something.

I think the toss was an attempt to make a forward pass but he had so much momentum backward he couldn't get the ball to go forward. I don't know high school rules but I suspect that would have been intentional grounding with a loss of down at that spot.

Leroy Lizard
12/21/2010, 05:09 PM
I think the toss was an attempt to make a forward pass but he had so much momentum backward he couldn't get the ball to go forward. I don't know high school rules but I suspect that would have been intentional grounding with a loss of down at that spot.

I think he simply panicked and tried to ditch the hot potato.

85sooners
1/19/2011, 07:42 PM
:D

stoopified
1/19/2011, 07:47 PM
(the 2 point kind) Jim Marshall I think ,I rember that game .There was also a player for Cal(I think ) named Roy Reigel who ran the wrong way for asafety.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/19/2011, 08:21 PM
I just came across this one. Wow. I cannot recall ever seeing a player have a mental lock quite like this.

Sorry if this is old hat.

COUWVeRzs0c

Poor guy probably jumped in a river....

OUthunder
1/19/2011, 09:22 PM
Funny stuff

SCOUT
1/19/2011, 10:11 PM
Maybe it was the last play in a losing effort and was doing anything he could to extend the play. Granted, it didn't work too well, but I would like to know the game specifics before calling it epic.

OU had a play that could contend for the worst play ever though. It was 4th down about our own 20 against UNT I think. We snapped the ball back to the punter except no punter had gone on the field. It went straight out the back of the endzone for a safety. Good times...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/19/2011, 10:25 PM
Maybe it was the last play in a losing effort and was doing anything he could to extend the play. Granted, it didn't work too well, but I would like to know the game specifics before calling it epic.

OU had a play that could contend for the worst play ever though. It was 4th down about our own 20 against UNT I think. We snapped the ball back to the punter except no punter had gone on the field. It went straight out the back of the endzone for a safety. Good times...

UNT and Kansas St have both done the same against OU.

85sooners
1/19/2011, 10:30 PM
Lol

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 11:44 PM
Maybe it was the last play in a losing effort and was doing anything he could to extend the play.

Strange that they would call an option play on the last play of the game if there was truly anything on the line.

OU had a play that could contend for the worst play ever though. It was 4th down about our own 20 against UNT I think. We snapped the ball back to the punter except no punter had gone on the field. It went straight out the back of the endzone for a safety.

It was against UNT and they were the ones that snapped the ball.

I can understand your confusion, as such a play would fit nicely with John Blake's coaching.

SCOUT
1/20/2011, 12:39 AM
Strange that they would call an option play on the last play of the game if there was truly anything on the line.
I am just trying to think of a reason that isn't epic failure.

It was against UNT and they were the ones that snapped the ball.

I can understand your confusion, as such a play would fit nicely with John Blake's coaching.
You are probably right. I was hazy during many of those games anyway, it helped.

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2011, 03:55 AM
I am just trying to think of a reason that isn't epic failure.

You are probably right. I was hazy during many of those games anyway, it helped.

I tried, but no matter how much beer I downed I could still see the players lining up on the Twister mat.

owenfieldreams
1/20/2011, 07:58 AM
Back in the 70's, OSU star Leonard Thompson, who went on to a nice career w/the Lions, was back to receive a kickoff from OU and when it hit he stood there, letting it roll dead instead of picking it up or downing it. We recovered for a TD.

SC Sooner
1/20/2011, 08:32 AM
I think he simply panicked and tried to ditch the hot potato.

Naw, he realized, hey if I get rid of this ball, they'll stop chasing me.

rekamrettuB
1/20/2011, 10:53 AM
No video proof but my best friend's dad coached at a small college in Kansas before moving to Oklahoma. With just a few seconds to play before halftime, he had a player break free after a screen pass and was racing down the sideline home free for a TD. He got to the 20 yard line and heard the horn sound for halftime, stopped, and walked off the field to the locker room!!!

The best thing about the Marshall wrong way fumble return was the 49er player (I believe) who goes up to Marshall and pats him on the back. Good stuff.

85sooners
1/20/2011, 02:42 PM
:D

Leroy Lizard
1/20/2011, 03:30 PM
Naw, he realized, hey if I get rid of this ball, they'll stop chasing me.

Hence the term "hot potato." :cool: