PDA

View Full Version : After 5 stright BCS losses

85Sooner
12/20/2010, 11:41 PM
Commit yourselves to your thoughts regarding going to the desert and playing a Girls Basketball school.

IMO it is a no win situation but I am interested in YOUR opinion regarding the game.

If we win, how much do we have to win by?
If we Lose, who is responsible?

Make your quotes NOW, not after we watch what happens.
Hope we show our stuff for a change this year.

Tiptonsooner
12/20/2010, 11:43 PM
Hope we show our stuff for a change this year.

I just hope we don't show our azz.....

Jboozer
12/20/2010, 11:45 PM
playing a Girls Basketball school.

nuff said

goingoneight
12/20/2010, 11:48 PM
if we lose, that's kinda hard to say. If you read a message board, you'll believe we need to fire everybody from top-to-bottom and we'll need to get something called a swagger or a moxy.

It's a must win at this point in time. period.

You lose this one, good luck winning any BCS brownie points in the future with this joke of a conference we were left with.

Half of the OU fans I talk to on a regular basis don't remember OUr last BCS win. They don't remember the opponent or the bowl. The losses all seem to stick out like a sore thumb. Look what winning the Sun Bowl did for this former 8-5 bunch going into Spring 2010.

Win the game, get most of the monkies off of your back. No more "Texas problem." No more "away from Norman problem." No more "BCS choke job problem." At least the teams who beat us in the streak have been reputable teams. Who knows how long UCONN's little dream run will last?

ouwasp
12/20/2010, 11:48 PM
I would like to see the Sooners win by 21+...
what the pundits need to see, who knows, it is a "no-win" situation after all....but OU better win! :mad:

If the Sooners lose, it's on Coach Stoops. He would probably agree.

CrimsonRez
12/21/2010, 12:00 AM
I vote we just kick their *** and put this all behind us.

BoulderSooner79
12/21/2010, 12:10 AM
If we win, it's a win situation.
If we lose, it's a lose situation.
Sorry for any confusion out there.

yermom
12/21/2010, 12:12 AM

:D

Whet
12/21/2010, 12:17 AM
OU will show up with its "A" game and will blow out UConn - I believe it will be another FSU type game.

yankee
12/21/2010, 12:21 AM
to put it mildly, anything less than a win would be disappointing. i don't care how much we win by. all i want for Christmas is a BCS win...

85sooners
12/21/2010, 12:26 AM
Phuck uconn let's put the women and children to bed and go looking for dinner:D

yankee
12/21/2010, 12:27 AM
BURN THE WIMMENZ AND RAPE THE VILLAGE!!!!

SGA
12/21/2010, 12:33 AM
A "W" and the Sooners shake the BCS woes, plus position for a top 3 pre-season ranking. We could have a terrible schedule next season and still be poised for a Title bid.

So, to answer your question, we will win this game. There is no other option.

agoo758
12/21/2010, 12:38 AM
I am actually going to miss this game. I will be in Vegas with my brother before he goes off to basic training, now on to your question.

1. I do not believe it is as important as to how much we win by as it is how few mistakes we make. If we limit turnovers, penalties, dropped balls, etc. We should be satisfied when we win by 1 or 100.

2. If we lose, it will be everybody's fault. Simple as that. Of course, it ultimately comes to the Head Coach and then the staff, but even if they do not take the necessarily steps in doing their part, it is on the players to prepare themselves so that they are ready to play good football.

Leroy Lizard
12/21/2010, 12:48 AM
If we win, how much do we have to win by?

By at least 10, and no more than 30.

If we Lose, who is responsible?

UConn?

cvsooner
12/21/2010, 12:50 AM
There are four possibilities:

We win big.
We win a close one.
We lose a close one.
We lose big.

The first one is what everyone expects...
The second one is still a win, but they wonder what's wrong with the mighty Soonerz?
The third one is Bozo State all over again.
The fourth one is WV.

The best outcome for us is win big, and even then all we get out of it is "well, duh, of course you did. You're Oklahoma and they're known for women's basketball."

I'd prefer we not disappoint anyone. So number one for me. I'll settle for number two...three and four are just unacceptable at this point.

SoonerLB
12/21/2010, 01:50 AM
We need a convincing win to get the monkey and naysayers off our back.
It's up to the players to go out on that field and do what they have been taught to do, and I don't see this group taking the situation lightly.
We win going away, hopefully by more than 21, just to shut those talking heads up. UConn will play hard, but I think we're that much better overall.

85sooners
12/21/2010, 02:34 AM
Uconn will suffer!!!!!!!!!

rainiersooner
12/21/2010, 03:12 AM
I personally believe that the only bowl game that matters is the one played on January 10th between Auburn and Oregon.

I think all the other bowl games are what the soccer world refers to as "friendlies" - I want to win, sure. But let me ask you this...would you have preferred to have beaten Boise and lost to Nebraska in the Big XII CG?

sooner59
12/21/2010, 03:16 AM
By at least 10, and no more than 30.

UConn?

Nope. OU is the better team. If OU plays its best and uconn plays its best, OU wins by 3 TDs. I am not going to say who would be to blame if we lost, but it would be the players and the coaches in general.

sendbaht
12/21/2010, 05:30 AM
The BSC likes us and felt sorry for us. They want us to win a BSC game so they gave us someone easy.

A few years from now when UCONN is a powerhouse our win will look great.

All I really want see a W and big W next to OU.

Soonermagik
12/21/2010, 07:58 AM
To me, if they lose this game it will be the biggest loss in the Stoops era. They are favored by 17 points and have lost 5 straight BCS games. I don't think I've seen this big of a must win game!!

The Big 12 championships will be around meaningless if you can't finish outside your conference. I keep laughing how people say they can't get up for this game. Give me a break.. they've lost 5 BCS games in a row they have a lot to prove no matter who they are playing. Did I mention they are a 17 point favorite? Hence, this = a must win no matter how you slice it.

King Barry's Back
12/21/2010, 08:19 AM

Thanks!

King Barry's Back
12/21/2010, 08:23 AM
To me, if they lose this game it will be the biggest loss in the Stoops era. They are favored by 17 points and have lost 5 straight BCS games. I don't think I've seen this big of a must win game!!

The Big 12 championships will be around meaningless if you can't finish outside your conference. I keep laughing how people say they can't get up for this game. Give me a break.. they've lost 5 BCS games in a row they have a lot to prove no matter who they are playing. Did I mention they are a 17 point favorite? Hence, this = a must win no matter how you slice it.

You are right, overall. I'm not disagreeing with you. But I am just wondering how much of a motivational factor the losing streak will be.

We won a bowl game a year ago. We lost the Championship game a year earlier (no shame there).

And beyond that, how many of these players will really even know or care? Once you get past the past three seasons, most of the team was in high school.

madillsoonerfan5353
12/21/2010, 08:53 AM
if we lose, that's kinda hard to say. If you read a message board, you'll believe we need to fire everybody from top-to-bottom and we'll need to get something called a swagger or a moxy.

It's a must win at this point in time. period.

You lose this one, good luck winning any BCS brownie points in the future with this joke of a conference we were left with.

Half of the OU fans I talk to on a regular basis don't remember OUr last BCS win. They don't remember the opponent or the bowl. The losses all seem to stick out like a sore thumb. Look what winning the Sun Bowl did for this former 8-5 bunch going into Spring 2010.

Win the game, get most of the monkies off of your back. No more "Texas problem." No more "away from Norman problem." No more "BCS choke job problem." At least the teams who beat us in the streak have been reputable teams. Who knows how long UCONN's little dream run will last?

Good post, but IMO this team is the team that a lot of us have been waiting on. This is a VERY YOUNG team THAT HAS SWAGGER. I think they showed that in the CCG. They have been gaining SWAGGER all year IMO. The close wins at home and having to hold off *saxet* after having a pretty good lead in the 4th, and the two tuff losses on the road. I think this team will come out with a chip on their shoulders and blow the doors off of Ucon. We win BIG.

OU-52
Ucon-10

BOOMER FREAKING SOONER!!!! Come on JAN. 1

Soonersince57
12/21/2010, 10:00 AM

Amen. I don't care what others think, we just need a win.

swardboy
12/21/2010, 10:04 AM
If we win by 17 or less the headline will be "Huskies Show They Belong with the Elite"...It is time to Hunch a Huskie by 21 or more.

LostCreekSooner
12/21/2010, 10:10 AM
If we lose, it will be because our front 4 on defense gets blown off the ball... and because Landry throws a bunch of picks. Other than that, I will be completely ill if that occurs.

I do think this game will be tougher than most expect, mainly because their strength on offense is against our weakness (the run) and they play very good defense.

rekamrettuB
12/21/2010, 10:12 AM
Firstly there is no such thing as a "Lose/lose" situation. Winning is winning and losing is losing. But if you believe in the lose/lose situation it doesn't exist here since OU has a huge monkey on its back. Knock it off no matter if you play Stanford, UConn, or North Texas...just get it off. So next year we don't have to hear about the streak if OU is fortunate enough to play in the NC game in NOLA.

mehip
12/21/2010, 10:12 AM
It's all on the Head Coach. It looks like we are mostly healthy and not missing any starters on D. I don't care if it is a close and gritty game; this program needs to win in a big bowl. Like somebody else in the thread said, this is a must win.

It looks like Bob Stoops changed a lot of things and this team really got hard-nosed by the end of the season. Hopefully it carries over through the bowl and into next season.

Dan Thompson
12/21/2010, 10:58 AM
I would like to see the "machine" again, the one that showed up for the FSU game.

Get the ball on the 20, 80 yard drive, TD, 3-n-out for UCONN, get the ball on the 20, 80 yard drive, TD, 3-n....

Then let the subs have the 4th qtr.

Wishboned
12/21/2010, 11:03 AM
I want OU to destroy them. I want Mike Lupica writing about this game, and saying they drove up the score.

I want people bitching about Stoops leaving Landry in...even though it's only the second quarter.

I want casual viewers to turn the channel midway through the third to watch reruns of Two and a Half Men because it's such a blowout.

But mostly I just want an OU win.