PDA

View Full Version : UCONN Bringing the Facepalms

CrimsonRez
12/20/2010, 10:57 PM
Has anybody gone to their place and read any of this garbage? "Where do we not match up with OU" are you freaking serious? UCONN is worse than poke right now. Ya they have Todman but I think we've shown what happens to one trick pony offenses this season.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=342&f=2873&t=6903588

Whet
12/20/2010, 11:01 PM
But, OU has not face a dominate running team like UConn! ;)

CrimsonRez
12/20/2010, 11:09 PM
this is true ;)

madillsoonerfan5353
12/20/2010, 11:09 PM
:gary:

StoopTroup
12/20/2010, 11:14 PM
Bring it on....

soonerfaninalabama
12/20/2010, 11:21 PM
But, OU has not face a dominate running team like UConn! ;)

Is this the part where I throw up my hands and catch the sarcasm?
I've been talking on this board as well, it's crazy. They think we suck almost.

jumperstop
12/20/2010, 11:22 PM
Saw something on there where someone said Finch will be out. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Said stress fracture in his foot.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/20/2010, 11:23 PM
truth

jumperstop
12/20/2010, 11:25 PM
truth

Gay...look what happens when I lay off the posting for a few days. I'm out of the loop.

CrimsonRez
12/20/2010, 11:59 PM
Ya, I try to get on here at least once a day just so I don't get overwhelmed with surprises.

85sooners
12/21/2010, 12:29 AM
:gary:

agoo758
12/21/2010, 12:34 AM
Doesn't upset me too much. They believe they can win, simple as that. They may be incorrect in their analysis, but I believe that their confidence in succeeding is why they have come so far as a program and are playing in a BCS bowl only a decade removed from promotion from 1-AA. If more teams had UCONN's attitude, college football would be better off. That being said, they are wrong about this......DEAD wrong. :)

CrimsonRez
12/21/2010, 12:42 AM
False confidence is not good confidence this is overconfidence

http://mylaughingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/IMG_0287.jpg

agoo758
12/21/2010, 12:43 AM
False confidence is not good confidence this is overconfidence

http://mylaughingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/IMG_0287.jpg

Do you believe that it is better for them to have no faith in their ability and lie down 5 minutes into the game?

CrimsonRez
12/21/2010, 12:44 AM
Do you believe that it is better for them to have no faith in their ability and lie down 5 minutes into the game?

better for them...no, better for us...yes I would much rather them lay down 1 minute into the game.

agoo758
12/21/2010, 12:47 AM
better for them...no, better for us...yes I would much rather them lay down 1 minute into the game.

That was not my question. Sure, I would like them to lie down and have us run 200 points off of them, but I accept the fact that our opponents are trying to win too. If you so unbelievably shocked that UCONN is saying that they have a chance of winning the game that you post a thread about it, than you have a lot to learn.

Leroy Lizard
12/21/2010, 12:51 AM
After reading this thread, all I can say is that we had better win.

agoo758
12/21/2010, 01:30 AM

No thread bumping if we don't.:mad:

CrimsonRez
12/21/2010, 01:40 AM
That was not my question. Sure, I would like them to lie down and have us run 200 points off of them, but I accept the fact that our opponents are trying to win too. If you so unbelievably shocked that UCONN is saying that they have a chance of winning the game that you post a thread about it, than you have a lot to learn.

No I'm not "shocked" they believe they have a chance, god knows they do. What I am saying is, is that they believe that on paper their team is as good as ours. I am saying that they sound dumb for saying that.

Okie35
12/21/2010, 03:34 AM
No I'm not "shocked" they believe they have a chance, god knows they do. What I am saying is, is that they believe that on paper their team is as good as ours. I am saying that they sound dumb for saying that.

I agree. Uconn has a good running back but if they're forced to pass we'll destroy them. If they run well they'll be in the game for a little bit until our depth takes over. We'll still win handily. I laughed at someone saying knock them out of their rhythm is all it takes. I guess they missed the whole Nebraska game.

adoniijahsooner
12/21/2010, 04:41 AM

Or what?

gaylordfan1
12/21/2010, 09:14 AM
I havent followed UConn.... How do you think their RB compares to Hunter? We totally took out OSU's running game and made them pass. And our DB's held up great against a much better passing team than what UConn's stats say.

texaspokieokie
12/21/2010, 09:20 AM
JMHO

their RB isn't as good as hunter.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/21/2010, 09:22 AM
I hope the team is getting as p***ed off about this as I am. I am so sick of hearing how UConn has a punchers chance because we can't handle our BCS business.

Really, the national flava analysis doesn't indicate they have the schemes or horses to win; but, we can't hold our water when we step on BCS turfs.

I hope Venables has them taking it as a personal insult. Perhaps we won't come out flat for this one.

OUEngr1990
12/21/2010, 09:48 AM
Well, they did smoke Cincy more decisively than we did. Of course, their game was at home and ours was on the road, plus we have improved some since then. But still, that is the only thing that one can point to as to them having a chance. The BCS argument is garbage! [hairGel]

stoops the eternal pimp
12/21/2010, 09:51 AM
I remember posting some of west virginia's defensive stats on here before the 2007 fiesta and all the responses were "They aren't any good" and " They haven't played anybody"...and then their defense hammered the **** out of our offense

mehip
12/21/2010, 10:19 AM
JMHO

their RB isn't as good as hunter.

That's really not saying a lot. I don't remember Hunter ever being a big factor against us.

texaspokieokie
12/21/2010, 10:20 AM
1st team all american on ap.

not too bad.

King Barry's Back
12/21/2010, 10:46 AM

FWIW, I agree with you.

NormanPride
12/21/2010, 10:49 AM
I remember posting some of west virgiana's defensive stats on here before the 2007 fiesta and all the responses were "They aren't any good" and " They haven't played anybody"...and then their defense hammered the **** out of our offense

It helped that our entire offense was injured.

Dan Thompson
12/21/2010, 10:52 AM
Is UCONNs running game better than 2009 Stanfords running game?

TMcGee86
12/21/2010, 10:55 AM
I hope the team is getting as p***ed off about this as I am. I am so sick of hearing how UConn has a punchers chance because we can't handle our BCS business.

As dumb as it sounds, I believe that is the case.

I realize that a message board has no bearing on the outcome of a game, but I do know that every time I was worried about overlooking a team after reading threads on here, OU came out and laid an egg.

Coincidence? Maybe, but so what, the end result's the same.

That's why I love seeing Husky fans talk ****. I would love nothing more than for ESPN to do a week long special leading up to the Fiesta Bowl on how we suck in BCS games and how we always choke.

TMcGee86
12/21/2010, 10:56 AM
I remember posting some of west virgiana's defensive stats on here before the 2007 fiesta and all the responses were "They aren't any good" and " They haven't played anybody"...and then their defense hammered the **** out of our offense

Exactly what I'm saying. It was even worse with BSU.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/21/2010, 11:08 AM
Gay...look what happens when I lay off the posting for a few days. I'm out of the loop.

Not only that, but it's probably your fault then. You quit posting and one of our guys gets dinged.

Thanks, arsehole! ;)

Wishboned
12/21/2010, 11:16 AM
We're not playing a QB like Pat White or Denard Robinson, so as long as the dline maintains gap control the running QB won't really be a threat

Didn't he watch the Big 12 Championship Game? Didn't he see Landry's awesome running ability?

:D

BoulderSooner79
12/21/2010, 11:38 AM
I'm glad the Uconn fans are rationalizing and talking some smack. Maybe that will get our fans fired up to watch this game and instead of bemoaning the match-up.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/21/2010, 11:49 AM

Point. But it doesn't seem to me anyone is saying they aren't any good.

Just that they aren't great.

But addressing stats and their "d" vs. our "o"... I keep hearing about their "stout defense" that could give us plenty of trouble, then see in total yardage that they finished 48th in the country, which puts them behind Texas, Nebraska, Florida State, Missouri, and Air Force.

Granted, we didn't whup all those teams by huge margins, but we moved and put up plenty of points on all. And for the record we finished 57th, only giving up 10 more ypg.

And as for points allowed they gave up almost 20 a game, we gave up almost 22 a game. So comparable, and I don't think anyone would argue that the Big XII wasn't more explosive offensively (collectively) than the Big East.

And the offenses aren't even in the same building. (Their tough-nosed running game... ranks behind Air Force, Nebraska, Baylor, Florida State, and LoSuR.)

I know, I know... lies, damned lies, and statistics. But we should beat this team soundly. Maybe not 17. I'll take 14.

1890MilesToNorman
12/21/2010, 11:53 AM
If you win your conference you should have a bit of confidence. They are fans, their team is UCONN, what else would you expect? I thought we would have kicked several butts in BCS games and we all know how that worked out. Fans are fans!

madillsoonerfan5353
12/21/2010, 11:53 AM
:twinkies: :stunned:

stoops the eternal pimp
12/21/2010, 11:55 AM

Not were we were getting lit up at which was the OT positions...

Tulsa_Fireman
12/21/2010, 11:58 AM
Just stomp the s%$+ out of these clowns and come back home. How's the King say it?

Hang half-a-hundred and go to the house.

usaosooner
12/21/2010, 12:00 PM
Uconn has a AA RB and a great Oline.. They have a shot.. Names on the Jerseys don't matter

Whet
12/21/2010, 12:46 PM
Every team has a shot. Hopefully, OU comes out with a purpose, on a mission, no holes barred, ready to rumble, all jazzed up, etc., and just wins the game. On paper, OU should win.

It is good to read the smack from UConn!

Tulsa_Fireman
12/21/2010, 12:49 PM
Every team has a shot. Hopefully, OU comes out with a purpose, on a mission, no holes barred, ready to rumble, all jazzed up, etc., and just wins the game. On paper, OU should win.

It is good to read the smack from UConn!

This.

bwahahahahahahaha

soonerboy_odanorth
12/21/2010, 12:51 PM
This.

bwahahahahahahaha

At least he didn't say "all j*zzed up."

Seamus
12/21/2010, 01:03 PM
Fireman, that was awesome!

bwahahahaha

Seamus
12/21/2010, 01:06 PM
Awww, sheeeet, man, I gots the water coming from me eyes. Mrs. Seamus heard me laughing and came in to see, now she's laughing too.

No holes barred.

That's mighty! :D

TahoeSOONER
12/21/2010, 01:07 PM
Dline has been a weakness of this team, at times, so if they come to play we should roll.

Nebraska tried to impose it's will and after we picked ourselves up off the ground we played more physical.

UCONN will be playing it's defining legacy game so we better match the intensity.

Soonerntxs
12/21/2010, 01:20 PM
I'm still trying to figure out WHO it is we are playing! UCONN, has a football team?:D http://www.moviedir.com/photos/movie-the-replacements-17566503-photo-18.jpg

Soonerntxs
12/21/2010, 01:53 PM
http://doddcenter.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/uconn-football-females-about-1948.jpg?w=500&h=350

Ok, I found a picture of WHO it is we are playing, their the U-CON Dept. of Corrections, HUSKIES!:D

I SURE HOPE WE PLAY OUR A GAME!

FirstandGoal
12/21/2010, 03:33 PM
Well, after reading through the 6 pages of that thread I have come to the following conclusions:

-We are DOOMED!!!!!!! OMG, they play physical ball. Our lines are going to be dominated, I bet they even lift weights.

- Whoever it was that said UCONN fans were yankee aggy was absolutely right. Half the posts are "blah,blah, blah.... team on the rise.... no one gives us respect... but, but, but we have a stud RB !!!1.....blah, blah."

- Everyone there is drinking the "but OU lost to "X" team in previous BCS bowls, so this means we have a chance" kool-aid.

- If someone who is registered over there doesn't post that pic with Landry and that little girl running in that thread, I am going to be severely disappointed. :D

opksooner
12/21/2010, 03:46 PM
Not were we were getting lit up at which was the OT positions...

Translation, plz.

76soonergrad
12/21/2010, 04:16 PM
uconn= basketball school with a football problem.
OU= the fixer

stoopified
12/21/2010, 05:00 PM
I I laughed at someone saying knock them out of their rhythm is all it takes. I guess they missed the whole Nebraska game. Not the whole game,just the last three quarters.

SoonerOX
12/21/2010, 05:49 PM
I remember posting some of west virginia's defensive stats on here before the 2007 fiesta and all the responses were "They aren't any good" and " They haven't played anybody"...and then their defense hammered the **** out of our offense

No disrespect, but looking at the body of work between the two teams; UCONN is not in that WVU team's league. That team was not an over achieving 8-4 team, but a team one game away from playing for the MNC. I don't think that comparison holds water at all. I believe that teams can get the better of a more talented team; an extreme example would be App State v. Michigan, but it doesn't happen all that often. Then again, UCONN isn't App State either.

CrimsonRez
12/21/2010, 06:43 PM
from my 20 years of watching OU football, we have seemed to always done well against teams with a good run game as long as the main threat wasn't the quarterback.

Salt City Sooner
12/21/2010, 08:06 PM
Our defense was missing way more starters than the offense.

Piware
12/21/2010, 09:54 PM
There was a couple of lines over there that just cracked me up: "UConn's defense will dictate to their (our) defense how the game will be played" and the reference to our running QB. Who the hell are they talking about? Landry has made some good yardage in a pinch bit I wouldn't call him a running QB.

Sorry, some of it just made me laugh out loud. Pokes with a Yankee accent.

CrimsonRez
12/21/2010, 09:59 PM
Don't forget how they are gonna knock us out of our rhythm lol we gained 12 yards on a busted play action pass that went straight back to murray.

mdklatt
12/21/2010, 10:10 PM
from my 20 years of watching OU football, we have seemed to always done well against teams with a good run game as long as the main threat wasn't the quarterback.

Or Nebraska players named "Burkhead" in the wildcat formation.

Sooner_Tuf
12/21/2010, 10:16 PM
Temple? Think about it, seriously Temple?

mdklatt
12/21/2010, 10:24 PM
Temple? Think about it, seriously Temple?

Temple improved a lot in the last two years under Al Golden (hence his quick departure to Miami). I mean they still suck, but not as bad as you think. :D

RahOkU
12/21/2010, 11:56 PM
More Sooner posters than Husky posters in that thread.

Lots of bravado coming from the Huskies.......

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/22/2010, 12:20 AM

- Whoever it was that said UCONN fans were yankee aggy was absolutely right.

That was me, thank you very much. :)

Proof positive, they even have this: http://www.cag.uconn.edu/CANR/index.html

yankee
12/22/2010, 12:47 AM
my gut feeling at this point, is that i'm more worried about the offense under-performing than the defense. new offensive coordinator prolly has something to do with that (and DON'T tell me nothing is going to change). but that gut feeling might change, especially after my Christmas feast...

Leroy Lizard
12/22/2010, 12:53 AM
my gut feeling at this point, is that i'm more worried about the offense under-performing than the defense. new offensive coordinator prolly has something to do with that (and DON'T tell me nothing is going to change). but that gut feeling might change, especially after my Christmas feast...

I'm worried about giving up the big play up the middle.

yankee
12/22/2010, 12:56 AM
I'm worried about giving up the big play up the middle.

i like the way our 50 defense has played the last couple of games. we're not facing a team who has the ability to beat us throwing the ball...so you know the defense is keying in on stopping todman.

setem
12/22/2010, 01:09 AM
Look for Yukon to start faking injuries to slow us down.

NorCal Sooner
12/22/2010, 01:36 AM
JUST WIN BABY!

It's amazing how winning shuts another team up. Unless it's Texas where Mack will tell you 50 different ways how the other team lucked out.

Sooner_Tuf
12/22/2010, 03:57 PM

Look for Ronnel to make them wish they were faking.

CrimsonRez
12/22/2010, 05:44 PM

If we are in fact playing Yukon then they will most likely suffer real injuries. I think their fullback is 170 lbs.

budbarrybob
12/22/2010, 05:48 PM
If we are in fact playing Yukon then they will most likely suffer real injuries. I think their fullback is 170 lbs.

Yes, but their Rt Tackle is about 6'0" 250 lbs Sr next year and is a BEAST. :D

BigRed47
12/22/2010, 07:53 PM
I've posted in that thread and one thing is that "yankeeghost" and "CThusk77" just throw everything back at you. Really, they asked for some Sooner fans to come over and tell them about OUr team. We obliged but they don't take to criticism very well. When you point out the schedule difference and so on they seem to think that this team is a mirror of the 2006 and 2007 teams. Now I do expect them to support their team and speak highly of them, but I'll tell you those previous Fiesta losses have certainly caused the Yukon fans to not respect OU.

Personally, I have no idea what the final score is going to look like. I will be sorely disappointed if OU loses. BSU and WVU were good teams. But Yukon may be tough and scrappy but I don't think they are in the same ball park with Boise and WVU those years. If Yukon wins it won't be because they won it, it will be because we lost it. Because of their style this could be an ugly game, especially if they dictate the tempo. If OU dictates how the game is played I don't think it's even close. I'll sure be glad when Jan 1 gets here and OU gets this one over with, win or lose.

Whet
12/22/2010, 08:01 PM
"yankeeghost" is a pontificator. Why use one sentence when you can do it in 10?

yankee
12/22/2010, 08:05 PM
i think we're interwebz related.

setem
12/22/2010, 08:45 PM

Here in Oklahoma we know how to spell Yukon!

oudivesherpa
12/22/2010, 08:49 PM
I don't think we giving UCONN credit where it's due...their coach, Randy Edsall. According to Rivals, in the last five years UCONN has never been in the top 50 in recruiting, OU has been in the top 10 four out of five (2006 to 2010). Even in the Big East, UCONN has been last or next to last in the Big East recruiting in four of the same last five years. That's where great coaching comes in, a great coach can take under rated talent and produce a superior product. With the time to prepare of almost a month, UCONN will be ready. However, in poker Aces and Kings will consistently beat Queens and Jacks, and in football no matter how well UCONN is coached, they won't match up.
I look for UCONN to cover in a close game. OU 28 UCONN 17.